PDA

View Full Version : How flexible is the TW Donnay Pro One OS and where does it flex?

AndrewD
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I know what the rating says (64 stiffness) but I actually want to hear from people who have used the racquet (only those who have used the racquet) and can comment on

1) how flexible is it - is it stiffer than rated or more flexible?
2) where does it flex - throat, head, etc ?
3) is it as more flexible than the POGOS, stiffer or the same ?

AndrewD
04-24-2008, 04:37 PM
So no-one has any idea at all?

There have been several threads devoted to the Donnay Pro One OS so I know that people have used it (although haven't addressed my queries) . Now if they'd be willing to step up and fill in the blanks for someone who can't demo the racquet.

markwillplay
04-24-2008, 09:17 PM
hell I might just buy one for the fun of it..if I do, I will post a review like no other to give a clear vision of the stick. I know how the mp hits and can compare it to many frames. I am interested in this one myself and so I will post if I just jump.

PGSanta76
04-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Andrew,

I received my pro one OS frames roughly two weeks ago and love the frames, they are somewhat different than the TennisWarehouse specs claim though.

To answer your questions:

1. Just by feel, the frames appear to be slightly more flexible than the TW specs.

2. I'd say the flex is a constant throughout the entire frame (it does not appear to flex more through the throat than the hoop).

3. I actually purchased a POGOS with my donnay frames to use as a reference, and they are nowhere near as stiff as the Prince.

Just in case you were wondering: The frames I had felt a lot lighter, and significantly more head light than the 12.1, 6pts listed on TW's site, so I went ahead and weighed them... both frames come in at 11.9 ounces strung, and while I have yet to measure how headlight they are, I guarantee they are more like 7-8 points headlight.

All in all I really like the play of these frames, more so than even the POGOS I ordered.

Hope that helps.

-Paul