PDA

View Full Version : Still POG mids for future sale?

atang
04-23-2008, 08:46 PM
I was just wondering, is TW still going to sell POG mids? I've been interested in buying a pair later this year but I've heard some people saying that it is being discontinued and replaced by a speedport version. If so, I might think about buying a pair a little sooner. Anybody have some proof of this or am I just reading rumors?

Duzza
04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Who knows whats going to happen. Personally I don't think that Prince would stop just because of a new model, I mean there has been TT Graphite, NXG Graphites and what not in the past and they haven't stopped production. It's still a top-selling racquet and the only classic of the 3(Wilson 6.0, PC600 and POG) thats still sold on TW.

My gut says you will be able to wait and TW may give you some headsup on the matter but I think they will continue.

atang
04-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the reply, any other opinions?

onkystomper
04-24-2008, 02:03 AM
I agree with Duzza, it is such a classic and they have not stopped production yet so why would they now?

Rabbit
04-24-2008, 02:45 AM
If you need some, I have some...

baek57
04-24-2008, 03:05 AM
seems like speculation. i imagine it will be discontinued at some point, whether it's sooner rather than later is yet to be determined.

onkystomper
04-24-2008, 04:29 AM
well of course 'at some point it will be discontinued' wow, everything will be discontinued at some point. What i was trying to say was why after 20 years of selling this racket and it surviving through multiple different incarnations of other prince mids would they decide to discontinue it due to this new one.

I am not saying it won't happen but looking at past record it is unlikely.

obnoxious2
04-24-2008, 06:31 AM
It's NOT a speculation. I was going to order a POG over the weekend but they didn't have my grip size so I emailed TW about when they're getting new shipments. Their response was the manufacturer HAS DISCONTINUED the racquets.

MichaelChang
04-24-2008, 06:35 AM
It's NOT a speculation. I was going to order a POG over the weekend but they didn't have my grip size so I emailed TW about when they're getting new shipments. Their response was the manufacturer HAS DISCONTINUED the racquets.

Are you sure? What is your grip size?? Because on TW site it clearly says from 1/8 to 5/8 all sizes are available. And so you play 0/8 or 3/4+ ? :confused:

whereisz
04-24-2008, 08:06 AM
The POG Mids and OS are not being discontinued. Only the POG Longbody is being discontinued. Thankfully I bought last 8 4 3/8's just in time. :)