PDA

View Full Version : volkl racket similar to a babolat pure drive roddick?

cnowak1
04-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Any volkl or becker rackets that compare to a pure drive roddick?

TourTenor
04-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Check out the new Becker Pro ...

Becker Pro Racquets http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/ProductImages/BPRO.JPG (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=BPRO)
Price: 185.00

Offering impressive power and excellent access to spin, the Becker Pro is a solid choice for intermediate through professional players. The feel at impact is solid and there's plenty of comfort thanks to the Sensor Plus handle system. Maneuverability is excellent and players who like to hit with pace and spin will find this racquet to be a willing partner. From the baseline our TW playtesters found easy access to pace and plenty of grip on the ball from the open stringbed. Even off-center hits leave the Becker Pro with decent pace and accuracy. At net the Becker Pro feels mobile and the response is crisp. The stringbed offers a lively response yet our testers sill found enough feel and control for touch and angle volleys. The power and spin potential of the Becker Pro comes to the forefront on serve with ample access to both pace and spin. Stronger, advanced level players will find plenty of room to add weight, while the stock weight and balance will suit most. A perfect racquet choice for today's topspin hitting, powerful all court player. Best suited to 4.0+ level players.

Midplus SpecsHead Size:
100 sq. in. / 645 sq. cm.Length: 27 inches / 69 cmStrung Weight: 11.1oz / 315gBalance: 3pts Head LightSwingweight: 319Stiffness: 68Beam Width: 20-24mm BeamComposition: High Modulus Graphite w/ DNX TechnologyPower Level: MediumSwing Speed: Grip Type: Sensor Plus / BB GripString Pattern:
16 Mains / 18 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T, 8H
One Piece
No shared holesString Tension: 50-60 pounds

goober
04-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Also check out the DNX 8 although it is closer to the regular PD in weight. It was meant as a PD type racquet.

Hmm I just noticed that Volkl has raised their MAP pricing across the board:mad:

ericsson
04-24-2008, 09:45 AM
The older Tour 8 SE

couch
04-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Any volkl or becker rackets that compare to a pure drive roddick?

Definitely try the Becker Pro. It is a little lighter and a little shorter than a PDR but would be a great alternative. I got to hit with it a little and is a very nice frame.

Just curious, why are you wanting something similar? Why not just use the PDR?

couch
04-24-2008, 01:08 PM
The older Tour 8 SE

Sorry ericsson but I have to respectfully disagree. The Tour 8 SE was a lighter version of the Tour 8 and in return I don't think it would play anything like a PDR. The Tour 8 SE was less than 11 oz. strung (like 10.5 or so) and the PDR weighs in at 11.7 oz. strung.

ericsson
04-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Sorry ericsson but I have to respectfully disagree. The Tour 8 SE was a lighter version of the Tour 8 and in return I don't think it would play anything like a PDR. The Tour 8 SE was less than 11 oz. strung (like 10.5 or so) and the PDR weighs in at 11.7 oz. strung.

Couch, you're absolutely right, i thought it was the same weight as the tour 8 , my mistake!

HappyLefty
04-25-2008, 11:24 AM
I was a PD user with bad results in my arm. Now I use a Becker V1 midplus with excellent results.
Also, reading some specs from PD, the Volkl Catapult 8 V-Engine has very similar characteristics.