PDA

View Full Version : Doubles Racquet

SeminoleTennis
04-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Im looking at the following racquets and wanted to get the boards opinions on the following sticks. I'm a 3.5 doubles player with flat first serve and slice second, backhand (one handed) is my weaker side and my forehand is very solid. I'll be demoing all these just wanted your experiences with these.

Prince Speedport Black
Microgel Extreme PRO
Donnaway OS Pro
Dunlop 500 Tour

Thanks

vwfye
04-24-2008, 10:10 AM
i'm a believer that your stick needs to be quick but stable around the net. some of this can be had with any lighter stick and the biggest grip you can play the net with.

my singles racket is a 4 5/8 grip with one overgrip, but my doubles racket grips are right at 5". i found that i loose a little power on my serve, but it is soooo stable at the net that it more than makes of for it.

this is my opinion, other opinions will vary, the statement implies no coverage of risks or rewards...

brownbearfalling
04-24-2008, 10:27 AM
the speedport black is awesome for doubles, but a little unpredictable from the baseline. I think if you tinker with the weight and find the right string it'll be better than your first impression. I'm sorry I can't compare it to the other racquets though.
________
Bondage fantasy (http://www.****tube.com/categories/380/fantasy/videos/1)

Nitro
04-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Having a head light racquet at net is important.

SeminoleTennis
04-25-2008, 09:52 AM
one last bump before demo today. I've added the Npro open to this list.

ChappyOnIce
04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
I like a heavier, but very headlight frame for doubles. The added weight makes for a very stable, controlled volley and if it's headlight it can still be quick and manuverable.

DomStar7
04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
o3 speedport black
best doubles!

herosol
04-25-2008, 12:29 PM
do doubles/non-doubles have any difference?

I mean mobility? The Bryans both weight in around late 12 oz. in their Speedport Blacks.

I mean a better volley racket perhaps, but i don't really think there are specific rackets for doubles that any regular player will suddenly play better in just because it's doubles.