PDA

View Full Version : Wilson K Six One Team ?

*Gooch*
04-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I am looking into buying a K Six One Team.
I have had a small hit with one and it felt nice but my main concerns are that the racket doesn't have any stability or power.
I like control oriented frames but with some power.
Does anyone have the K Six One Team? Is it worth getting?

VoodooChi|d
04-24-2008, 06:22 PM
The team version is lighter weight which would explain the lack of stability and power... Try one of the non tour versions.

baseline08thrasher
04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
You HAVE to try out the Kblade 98. It has Alot of control and good power.
I RECCOMEND IT TO THE MAX!
Try it you wont be dissapointed.
it's really good, and i wouldn't be saying this to waste your time.
I'm buying a couple myself and i hit with them for 3 days.
I like everything about it.
TRY IT! :D:D:D:D

SFrazeur
04-24-2008, 06:56 PM
It is stable as long as a player can consistently hit the sweetspot, which is somewhat small for a "Team" racquet.

If you have the ability I would keep demoing. As for the kBlade it possibly may not have enough inherit frame power. When you start getting into Blade like racquets their power comes more form being able to exploit the racquet's mass.

Always demo when and for as long as possible before buying.

-SF

ohhgourami
04-24-2008, 06:58 PM
when i was still demoing racquets, i tried the k95 team and the k95 but when i took my first swing with the k95 the strings broke. i was stuck with the k95 team and i had high expectations for the reg k95. i liked a lot of things about the k95 team but yes it lacked stability. i soon made up my mind about the k95 and never turned back!

tennis_hand
04-24-2008, 07:08 PM
it's too light.

HeadPrestige
04-24-2008, 08:14 PM
its not a bad frame... strung with low tensions and with some lead .. i think it could be quite nice.

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
04-24-2008, 08:21 PM
its not a bad frame... strung with low tensions and with some lead .. i think it could be quite nice.

why buy it if u are going to put weight onto it, might as well get the k95. i love it and it feels way better than the team

HeadPrestige
04-24-2008, 08:36 PM
why buy it if u are going to put weight onto it, might as well get the k95. i love it and it feels way better than the team

because the k95 and the k sixone team are VERY different frames.

I much prefer the feel of the team as it is much more flexible, has a thinner beam-- and with a little lead is not as sluggish as the k95. Just like the pure storm (2008 ) the k-sixone team is a great racket to customize.

SFrazeur
04-24-2008, 08:46 PM

Adding lead is not singularly about adding mass. There is modifying balance, increasing swing weight; as well as doing so with only the modest increase in mass.

-SF

Jack & Coke
04-24-2008, 11:13 PM
because the k95 and the k sixone team are VERY different frames.

I much prefer the feel of the team as it is much more flexible, has a thinner beam-- and with a little lead is not as sluggish as the k95. Just like the pure storm (2008 ) the k-sixone team is a great racket to customize.

QFT!! http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

I was just about to post the same thing in reply to kfactor/all/the/WAY!'s post. Good job HP.

I have ALL 4 versions of the K95.

My custom (i.e. leaded up) K95 Team is my favorite of the 4.

siow_a
04-25-2008, 06:21 AM
QFT!! http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

I was just about to post the same thing in reply to kfactor/all/the/WAY!'s post. Good job HP.

I have ALL 4 versions of the K95.

My custom (i.e. leaded up) K95 Team is my favorite of the 4.

Totally agree....I play with the nblade 106. The specs between the team and nblade are very close with the exception of the head size and power level. After customization the play is practically the same as my modified nblade(weighted), but with even more control. especially net.

Use to play with the PS85 for many years and the 95 team is a very nice racquet.

ClubHoUno
04-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I love both my K95 18X20 6.1 and my K95 18X20 Team rackets.
I agree that the Team lacks power and weight compared to the normal Tour model. I only use my Team racket, when I'm getting tired in the arm during long matches and when I feel signs of my tennis elbow. I love the Team for these situations and no doubt about the Team racket will play great when modified to your specs.

The Team has a low stiffness rating of 59 and feels very smooth to me- I also use it for doubles once in a while and really love it :D

notujoo
05-10-2008, 01:03 PM
its okay...but i would use k95 6.1

HeadPrestige
05-10-2008, 11:47 PM
its okay...but i would use k95 6.1

why.. because you use it?.... that is not much of an opinion.

Rainalkar
06-06-2009, 02:16 AM
How did you customize your Wilson Team?

ipitythefool
06-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Euro U17 champ and few more top youngsters play (and sponsored) by K6.1 Team (Actually the reason I purchased one after watching them play) The racquet is light. Very tight string pattern and very control oriented. People do think it is light and unstable. But when I watch the shots these top players make w/ K6.1 Team, it is just amazing (Even though a very heavy shot comes in, since they hit with right in middle of sweet spot, the racquet does not wobble/become unstable in their hands). And..they play stock.
Mine is strung w/ Vs Touch 16/1.30 / Alu Rough at 25kg.

Rainalkar
06-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Is it possible to see some of it, is it public free?

imalil2gangsta4u
06-06-2009, 04:10 PM
k95 > k95 team

Rainalkar
06-07-2009, 03:15 AM
Quite probably true, but recreational play twice a week for a 180cm 67kg 26 year old male with a 350g unstrung frame is likely a bad idea.

draconis228
06-07-2009, 03:22 AM
I am going to not recommend the k team. I used it for a year or so during tennis season a year back and in comparison to what i switched from, the n95, the stick was way too different. It was very hard for me to be consistent with my strokes with the 18x20 string pattern. A lot of times i ended up with too much spin or nail a groundie to the fence. If you are considering the racquet make sure you string it at lower tensions because of the denser string pattern which makes it a very stiff racquet. Of course you can find this all out for yourself when you demo it of course! Demo before buying any racquet.

drakulie
06-21-2009, 08:04 PM
gooch, could you email me privately??

drakulie@aol.com

Thanks in advance.

Federer's cat
06-21-2009, 08:08 PM
My brother has the Ksix.one team, it is extremely underpowered and is strictly just full of control.

I've hit some nice shots with it, but it was only when I hit it exactly in the sweetspot. It's going to feel unstable if you can't hit in the sweetspot every time, but if you can it shouldn't be a problem. If the power level is the problem, switch to a softer string.

textbook strokes
11-26-2009, 06:20 AM
I recently switched from k95 16x18 to the team. The 95 was great for everything, probably the best racquet I ever played with, but there was one exception; my one hand backhand.
The weight just didn't allow me to hit consistently with topspin. The slice backhand on the other hand was terrific.
Enter k95 team; Topspin backhand like lasers!. The forehand needs good positioning to become a winner shot.
Interestingly, the lighter weight of the frame kind of allows me to move better. I wasn't aware of any relation between weight of the racquet and movement of the player, but this experience makes me think they could interact. You see, my movement was always the one thing that was weak in my game, but now it's like I don't notice the racquet anymore, and I focus in my legs, following the ball pattern while I rally.
Awesome!!