PDA

View Full Version : The real evaluation of Federer's level on clay

tennis_hand
04-24-2008, 05:31 PM
is the next match against Nalbandian.

Will Nalby repeat his last year's feat by beating the top 2 players? :)

drakulie
04-24-2008, 05:33 PM
The real evaluation of Federer's level of play on clay will be at the end of the clay court season, and not after the Nalbandian match.

Nadal_Freak
04-24-2008, 05:35 PM
The real evaluation of Federer's level of play on clay will be at the end of the clay court season, and not after the Nalbandian match.
Which will not be that good.

BeHappy
04-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Nalbandian is going to absolutely **** federer tomorrow, maybe even bagel him.

skip1969
04-24-2008, 05:38 PM
i would like to know how the outcome of this match will give us any great insight in how fed is playing or will play on clay this season. fed, who by all indications is having some up-and-down results . . . i can agree with that, no prob. against nalby, one of the masters of up-and-down results, himself.

i wouldn't even hazard a guess as to which fed will show up. or which nalby.

tennis_hand
04-24-2008, 05:45 PM

then it becomes a fact. no point to evaluate to predict.

counter_puncher
04-24-2008, 05:49 PM

you are quite stupid. fed will not get raped by nalbo, it will be close 3 sets, fed to win 6-7, 7-5, 6-3

blackfrido
04-24-2008, 05:52 PM
how do you guys know all this? are you reading the future? 6-7, 7-5, 6-3 or double bagel?

christo
04-24-2008, 08:15 PM
it's in the tea leaves

Alejandro D
04-24-2008, 09:11 PM
No tea leaves needed. If David plays today at the same level that he did yesterday, he will beat Federer. It's nothing new. Nalbo, at his best, can beat any player in the circuit. Roger, Djokovic, Rafa, Ferrer, Davydenko, Gasquet, etc. Just remember what happened at 2007's Madrid and Paris MS.

Nadal_Freak
04-24-2008, 09:14 PM
No tea leaves needed. If David plays today at the same level that he did yesterday, he will beat Federer. It's nothing new. Nalbo, at his best, can beat any player in the circuit. Roger, Djokovic, Rafa, Ferrer, Davydenko, Gasquet, etc. Just remember what happened at 2007's Madrid and Paris MS.
In Indoors he can but he has yet to do that on clay.

el sergento
04-24-2008, 09:15 PM

Please, the only bagel will be in Nalbandian's bag. He keeps a stash of fresh ones in case he gets peckish in between sets.

This could go either way, I agree that Nalbandian comes in favorite but that doesn't mean anything, he could also not hit a first serve the entire match.

stormholloway
04-24-2008, 09:27 PM
The betting odds are about even. It's a crap shoot. If Federer plays like he did against Hidalgo it's lights out Federer. This is going to be an interesting one.

msc886
04-25-2008, 12:56 AM
My money would be on Nalbandian for this one. his groundstrokes are very solid and powerful and because he has a good backhand he can attack Federer's backhand which can be shaky at times especially on clay. I think if Nalbandian did not get injured in 2006 FO, Nalbandian would be quite likely to win.

GOD_BLESS_RAFA
04-25-2008, 01:11 AM
this fever can play him tricks but he is number two after Rafa on clay... he will beat Nalbandian believe me...:)

crawl4
04-25-2008, 01:43 AM
why are people predicting the inconsistent nalbandian..suddenly after 4 years of no contests people have lost all faith in federer. you people sicken me

illkhiboy
04-25-2008, 01:51 AM
I hope it's a good match, but Nalbandian wins. I 'm hoping David gets back in the top 5 asap. And I really want to see him beat Nadal on clay. If anybody can, it's David. Though Davydenko, Federer and to a lesser extent Djokovic stand a chance as well.

2shots
04-26-2008, 06:56 AM

Looks like you got raped by federer...Idiot. even if Fed loses to djoker....you stay a idiot

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-26-2008, 07:08 AM
Roger is playing okay, that's great news considering there is room for improvement with Roland Garros coming in 5 weeks. His footing isn't the best yet, and his movement is coming around also.

swedechris
04-26-2008, 07:25 AM
today fed beat djoko .. his level of play was high .. (except for when he was a break up inthe 2nd , then he was broken but took back the break to go 3-2 up again ..)so he is no joke on clay , nadal is tougher than djoko on clay so tomorrow will be a nice one. fed kept djoko under pressure and broke him down physically .. Nole looked winded .. almost after every point and that was primarily due to the depth and weight of feds shots and good placements.
just great to see fed playing good tennis again..

MajinX
04-26-2008, 07:26 AM
does anyone know why djo retired at the 2nd set????

Banger
04-26-2008, 07:40 AM
Because he knew he was getting his a** beat. I like how the the announcer Robbie put it " if the shoe was on the other foot Federer would have seen the match through". What a baby the Joker is.

coloskier
04-26-2008, 08:03 AM
why are people predicting the inconsistent nalbandian..suddenly after 4 years of no contests people have lost all faith in federer. you people sicken me

Did you see Nalby's forehand yesterday? Now that is what I call "inconsistent".

coloskier
04-26-2008, 08:04 AM
does anyone know why djo retired at the 2nd set????

Yes, injury of his pride.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-26-2008, 08:04 AM

Did Federer's game plan have anything to do with that? :(

TheTruth
04-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Fed wins by a retirement and the floodgates open. Dang that Hidalgo-Ramirez! He should have shut the door on the faltering Fed!

goforgold99
04-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Fed's claycourt game is AWESOME now at this stage since Nalbandian match

:cool: :cool: :cool:

fednad
04-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Fed wins by a retirement and the floodgates open. Dang that Hidalgo-Ramirez! He should have shut the door on the faltering Fed!

You are a fed hater.

TheTruth
04-26-2008, 09:13 AM
You are a fed hater.

I make no bones about it! But I am not alone. I share the board with Nadal haters, Williams Sisters haters, Roddick, Justine and Maria haters. What's your point?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-26-2008, 09:15 AM
I make no bones about it! But I am not alone. I share the board with Nadal haters, Williams Sisters haters, Roddick, Justine and Maria haters. What's your point?

I don't hate or dislike the 1st two choices, but I see your point though and we are all entitled to be haters. :D

It just rubs some people the wrong way.

Stchamps
04-26-2008, 09:19 AM
What does Justine do to deserve to be hated? win?

princess bossass
04-26-2008, 09:26 AM

You are a fed hater.

LOL! I'm beginning to see a pattern emerge here...ahaha...

Truth, I disagree with you about Fed, but you make a good point here. :wink: We on this board seem to love to hate.

TheTruth
04-26-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't hate or dislike the 1st two choices, but I see your point though and we are all entitled to be haters. :D

It just rubs some people the wrong way.

Understandable, but as a fan many of these people's comments rub me the wrong way too. We are all entitled to dislike whomever we choose. Some Fed Fans just call you a hater if you don't agree with them, which to me is wrong!

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Understandable, but as a fan many of these people's comments rub me the wrong way too. We are all entitled to dislike whomever we choose. Some Fed Fans just call you a hater if you don't agree with them, which to me is wrong!

I am a Federer fan for the record :) and I undertstand where you are coming from and know your stance when it comes to Roger. But to each his/her own, if we can find a common ground then everything will be fine, at least for me. I have far to many things going on to be worried about who hates on a particular player. I respect everyone's opinion and I think the double standard should be applied across the board to ALL players, and some of their bandwagon fans *they know who they are*.

jgreen06
04-26-2008, 09:41 AM
what people do not understand and fail to give credit for is the fact that roger federer is easily the second best clay court player in the world. His consistency on clay is only surpassed by nadal. Hes going to his 3rd straight MC final, he was in finals of rome 06, won hamburg in 05, 07. not to mention hes a back to back RU at RG with a SF loss before that...

my .02

jc883
04-26-2008, 09:43 AM
nice win for Fed...

serve/and/volley
04-26-2008, 09:56 AM
There is enough hate in the world. No need to let it infest sports fans. However for some people, it seems to be their main fuel for enjoying sports.

Also a lot of the so-called "hate" on these boards are manufactured to purposely to offend and annoy people. How many of these "haters" have the guts to say they hate Federer, Nadal, Roddick, Williams sisters, Sharapova, etc. to their faces?

As for Federer's level on clay, I am a bit surprised to see him turn up his level, especially after his average performance on clay in Estroril. Should be a great match tomorrow.

As for myself, there is one thing that I do hate and despise: Southern California traffic!

ledor
04-26-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't see much difference with Federer's game except for more drop shots. Gasp, is that the secret to winning on clay? Nadal uses it alot. Why not Fed?

TheTruth
04-26-2008, 10:32 AM
I am a Federer fan for the record :) and I undertstand where you are coming from and know your stance when it comes to Roger. But to each his/her own, if we can find a common ground then everything will be fine, at least for me. I have far to many things going on to be worried about who hates on a particular player. I respect everyone's opinion and I think the double standard should be applied across the board to ALL players, and some of their bandwagon fans *they know who they are*.

Great post, and you stand by your words in actions and in deeds. I just have a problem with some who get angry if you criticize their guy, but then they turn around and rip others apart. Many on this board are unfair and use triple standards, that's why it doesn't bother me to refute them. But in all honesty, all of Federer's fans aren't so bad. We could have some great discussions if some people didn't act so childish.

sureshs
04-26-2008, 12:39 PM
From looking at Djoker crybaby's retirement, it is obvious that men should get less pay then women.

NamRanger
04-26-2008, 02:03 PM

Federer attacked Nalbandian's forehand with ridiculous pace/spin/depth. That's why Nalbandian made so many errors.

fednad
04-30-2008, 11:40 PM

My point is same as earlier - Just that You are a Fed hater :)