PDA

View Full Version : wilson h tour midplus a 105sq in?! hammer tour

hyogen
04-25-2008, 12:34 AM
so I bought 2 hammer tours from my friend just to have or sell...(he was selling them for $10 each). I know he bought em at a store, and not on **** or anything (he's rich).

the strange thing is, at the bottom of the hoop on both sides it says "MIDPLUS".

But in the throat it says the headsize is 105sq in...

what's going on?

the head does look a little bigger than a 95sq in. (I've had the nTour 2 before).

there's a racket guy who is selling a new midplus on the bay, and his description says 95sq midplus.

what do you think?

by the way, it does not have powerholes.

ChipNCharge
04-25-2008, 06:55 AM
so I bought 2 hammer tours from my friend just to have or sell...(he was selling them for $10 each). I know he bought em at a store, and not on **** or anything (he's rich).

the strange thing is, at the bottom of the hoop on both sides it says "MIDPLUS".

But in the throat it says the headsize is 105sq in...

what's going on?

the head does look a little bigger than a 95sq in. (I've had the nTour 2 before).

there's a racket guy who is selling a new midplus on the bay, and his description says 95sq midplus.

what do you think?

by the way, it does not have powerholes.

The H-Tour came out in two "midplus" versions: one with a 95" head and one with a 105" head. I believe Wilson starts considering frames Oversized at 106". I agree. It's confusing.

They did the same thing with the ntour and the nTour Two (95" and 105" Midplus versions).

goober
04-25-2008, 07:17 AM
The H-Tour came out in two "midplus" versions: one with a 95" head and one with a 105" head. I believe Wilson starts considering frames Oversized at 106". I agree. It's confusing.

They did the same thing with the ntour and the nTour Two (95" and 105" Midplus versions).

This is correct. The HTour is 4 generations back now even and was a continuation of the Hammer 5.3. Some other companies designate 103-105" racquets as "supermid plus" but Wilson uses a cutoff of 106"

ChipNCharge
04-25-2008, 07:36 AM
This is correct. The HTour is 4 generations back now even and was a continuation of the Hammer 5.3. Some other companies designate 103-105" racquets as "supermid plus" but Wilson uses a cutoff of 106"

Actually, the H-Tour was a continuation of the Hyper Hammer 5.2, which also came in two versions. However, the larger one was 106", so it had "Oversize" printed on the frame. Much less confusing than having two Midplus versions of the same frame.

goober
04-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Actually, the H-Tour was a continuation of the Hyper Hammer 5.2, which also came in two versions. However, the larger one was 106", so it had "Oversize" printed on the frame. Much less confusing than having two Midplus versions of the same frame.

yup it was 5.2 not 5.3. The 5.3 came in 95" and 110" models. I remembered Henin using a 5.3 and they PJ'ed the "X"-Tour versions for her. So I guess they just discontinued the 5.3 line?

hyogen
04-25-2008, 08:32 AM
thanks guys