PDA

View Full Version : Federer's Mono

Mark Vessels
04-25-2008, 02:31 AM
Just some questions...

Is he still recovering?

How long will it last?

So, if he got it from kissing or exchanging bodily fluids, It is probably not a good idea to kiss my girlfriend?:oops:

ninman
04-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Federer doesn't have mono, he has glandular fever.

Sentinel
04-25-2008, 02:47 AM
Yes, don't kiss her. Stay an arms length away from her for the rest of your life.
j/k.

CanadianChic
04-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Seriously, enough with the Mono. When he wins a match there are half a dozen threads created shouting at his recovery and dominance. When he loses a match there are half a dozen threads created calling for his retirement or simply blaming the loss on the illness. If he was on death's door, he wouldn't be on the court - there are many levels of Mono. It is not the scapegoat illness or saving grace for the anti-Fed fanboys...it is yesterday's news.

caulcano
04-25-2008, 03:44 AM
Federer doesn't have mono, he has glandular fever.

mononucleosis = glandular fever

Raoul_Duke
04-25-2008, 05:17 AM
Its turning to STEREO now!

ATXtennisaddict
04-25-2008, 05:31 AM

i think he knows that

ATXtennisaddict
04-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Just some questions...

Is he still recovering?

How long will it last?

So, if he got it from kissing or exchanging bodily fluids, It is probably not a good idea to kiss my girlfriend?:oops:

so you're saying you got mono from Federer somehow and don't want it to be passed onto your gf? how'd u get mono from federer? ;)

Vision84
04-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Mono isn't necessarily caused through kissing. That is just one way one can get it.

IvanYentl
04-25-2008, 08:03 AM

interesting. back when Henin had a purported case of "glandular fever" which ruined her season, several psychiatrist friends of mine insisted this was a ruse and she was suffering from depression.

so, to keep the rumor mill churning, how about we introduce the possibility that Federer is suffering from depression

cheers

TennisProdigy
04-25-2008, 08:30 AM
interesting. so, to keep the rumor mill churning, how about we introduce the possibility that Federer is suffering from depression

cheers

Yes he obviously has depression considering he's number one in the world and was the most dominant player on tour during the past few years.

Nuke
04-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Yes he obviously has depression considering he's number one in the world and was the most dominant player on tour during the past few years.
Just because he's the top player doesn't mean he can't have depression, does it?

deme08
04-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Just because he's the top player doesn't mean he can't have depression, does it?

Thats the exact reason he is having depression. Its lonely up the top if no one can beat you for so long. How boring winning everything under the sky without real competitions. Things are finally starting to look interesting again for him with.;)

Lotto
04-25-2008, 09:56 AM
During the AO or sometime around that when nobody knew he had GF or Mono I saw the pic of him in america at a baseball game or something like that and he looked really depressed to me and I actually thought that was why he was losing!

Raoul_Duke
04-25-2008, 10:05 AM
I guess Mono will come up tomorrow again, on a big stage.

AprilFool
04-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I am willing to wager that he is infected with the MRSA bug (huge boil on face) and that his immune system is compromised from SOMETHING.

CA-MRSA

http://www.rd.com/healthy-living/family-health/methicillin-resistant-staphylococcus-aureus/article42718-1.html

PROTENNIS63
04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
He still has mono. I am almost certain.

LuckyR
04-25-2008, 03:13 PM
He still has mono. I am almost certain.

Depends on your definition of "has". He has recovered from the acute stage of the illness, that is why he has been "cleared" to play. However, his performnce has been a bit underwhelming of late, which is completely consistant with the chronic phase of the problem.

zagor
04-25-2008, 03:15 PM
I guess Mono will come up tomorrow again, on a big stage.

No,don't think so.Federer himself said that he doesn't have mono anymore.

Defcon
04-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Didn't the Aussies used to say - "if you're fit enough to step on the court, you're fit enough to play".

That being said, it is good to have players with class like Fed who make no excuses and don't even mention their illness till months later, unlike many injury timeout loving attention grabbing drama queens.

pound cat
04-25-2008, 03:18 PM
interesting. back when Henin had a purported case of "glandular fever" which ruined her season, several psychiatrist friends of mine insisted this was a ruse and she was suffering from depression.

so, to keep the rumor mill churning, how about we introduce the possibility that Federer is suffering from depression

cheers

I think that's a good diagnosis, Dr. Yentl. Do you also match-make in your spare time? Was it you who set up Federer and Mirka in the firts place? Please do reveal all.

pound cat
04-25-2008, 03:20 PM
I am willing to wager that he is infected with the MRSA bug (huge boil on face) and that his immune system is compromised from SOMETHING.

CA-MRSA

http://www.rd.com/healthy-living/family-health/methicillin-resistant-staphylococcus-aureus/article42718-1.html

It's not the MRSA bug. Actually a third breast has appeared on his cheek, so we may as well get used to it.

BreakPoint
04-25-2008, 11:41 PM
No,don't think so.Federer himself said that he doesn't have mono anymore.
Federer also said he was "fine" during the Australian Open, but we all know now that he wasn't fine. He was far from fine for the past several months. Since when does a 100% Federer lose to Fish and Roddick in successive weeks?

vndesu
04-25-2008, 11:43 PM
if im correct wasnt there a year where henin had mono?
she was knocked down in rackings but then got back up?

hmm i wonder how he'll do at french.

Deuce
04-26-2008, 01:22 AM
Federer's the first big-time player since Jimmy Connors to have the Mono on court.

Connors first got it about 10 years ago - and he's still got it.

TheTruth
04-26-2008, 08:04 AM
There is no mono. He lost a few matches and made up an excuse for losing. Mono in-mono out. It seems to depend on the result!

deme08
04-26-2008, 08:27 AM
There is no mono. He lost a few matches and made up an excuse for losing. Mono in-mono out. It seems to depend on the result!

You've got the worst username for someone who talks ***** all the time. Jeez.. Get a life...

hoodjem
04-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Since when does a 100% Federer lose to Fish and Roddick in successive weeks?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

When he's off a little, and not playing very well?

You don't have to have mononucleosis to lose. Fed's human; he'll have off-days.

PROTENNIS63
04-26-2008, 08:42 AM

sorry buddy, your are wrong. You have so much hate for Fed that you can't just can admit that he was sick.

TheTruth
04-26-2008, 09:14 AM
You've got the worst username for someone who talks ***** all the time. Jeez.. Get a life...

Ha ha ha ha. You're funny!

TheTruth
04-26-2008, 09:16 AM
sorry buddy, your are wrong. You have so much hate for Fed that you can't just can admit that he was sick.

He's sick depending on the result. So sick he didn't take off. He's got the best case of sickness I've ever seen. Wow, I can't believe people actually think he was sick!

BreakPoint
04-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

When he's off a little, and not playing very well?

You don't have to have mononucleosis to lose. Fed's human; he'll have off-days.
Ask either Fish or Roddick if Federer ever has an "off-day" before he got mono this year.

BreakPoint
04-26-2008, 05:49 PM
He's sick depending on the result. So sick he didn't take off. He's got the best case of sickness I've ever seen. Wow, I can't believe people actually think he was sick!
Only wimps take off when they're sick. He's a professional. He plays and gives it his all even when he's sick. That's what makes him a true champion. He's not a cry baby like Djokovic, Haas, Gasquet, or Davydenko who'll quit just because they sneezed in the warm-up. True champions like Federer and Sampras will puke their guts out all over the court and still won't quit.

Stchamps
04-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Don't even respond to thetruth, you're wasting time.

TheTruth
04-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Don't even respond to thetruth, you're wasting time.

People respond because the truth warrants a response. You already know it!

Hot Sauce
04-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Seriously, enough with the Mono. When he wins a match there are half a dozen threads created shouting at his recovery and dominance. When he loses a match there are half a dozen threads created calling for his retirement or simply blaming the loss on the illness. If he was on death's door, he wouldn't be on the court - there are many levels of Mono. It is not the scapegoat illness or saving grace for the anti-Fed fanboys...it is yesterday's news.

Well put!