PDA

View Full Version : If Fed beats Nalbandian, Djokovic, and Nadal in the final

dima
04-25-2008, 05:34 AM
Is he back in top form, in your opinion?

Jimmyk459
04-25-2008, 05:57 AM
hells yes!!! Especially if it is Nadal. I am a huge Nadal-Federer Fan and I would LOVE to see another Nadal-Fed Final. It would be great just to shut up all of those "Fed's reign is over" crowd.

crawl4
04-25-2008, 05:58 AM
yes i would believe so..even if he just made it to the final i would think he is

bluescreen
04-25-2008, 06:18 AM
that would be awesome and would certainly mark fed's return to top form in my book.

onkystomper
04-25-2008, 06:41 AM
If he gets to the final he is certainly on the way up. a win over djokovic would be huge for him right now

Lotto
04-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Nalbandian won't be the real test (I know the result btw, just not spoiling it), his real test if he beats Nalbo will be The Serbinator. If he beats Djokovic then he will probably be near his best again, like Djoko is playing brilliant tennis at the moment.

julianoz
04-25-2008, 07:05 AM
that is a big IF. Lets take one match at a time.

leonardtay
04-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Nalbandian won't be the real test (I know the result btw, just not spoiling it), his real test if he beats Nalbo will be The Serbinator. If he beats Djokovic then he will probably be near his best again, like Djoko is playing brilliant tennis at the moment.

That is what everyone was saying about Nalbandian just yesterday...
And if Roger does beat Djokovic, then of course, the true test comes with Nadal right? HAHA... fact of the matter is Roger is improving with every match he plays. The big picture being to peak at the French.

IanRichardson
04-25-2008, 08:06 AM
yeah, i dont think it is arguable if this happens

raiden031
04-25-2008, 08:09 AM
If he wins the tournament I would say this is proof that he is still capable of playing the kind of tennis that has won him 12 GS titles. However I don't think it means he's back in top form or will do well in the next couple majors. I could see him going a year like the past few months and then breaking through and winning again. Just look at Agassi's career. You just don't know whats going to happen. But Fed isn't injured and is still young so I can't see his domination being permanently over.

ksbh
04-25-2008, 08:20 AM
My opinion is that it'll be good for the non-Fed fans on this board because the Fed fans can no longer claim he suffers from mono. LOL!

On a more serious note, yes if he wins it all, there can be no disputing that he's back at his personal best. I can see him beating Djokovic on clay. But Rafa? ... it ain't gonna happen. Nadal is a whole different proposition.

leonardtay
04-25-2008, 08:26 AM
My opinion is that it'll be good for the non-Fed fans on this board because the Fed fans can no longer claim he suffers from mono. LOL!

On a more serious note, yes if he wins it all, there can be no disputing that he's back at his personal best. I can see him beating Djokovic on clay. But Rafa? ... it ain't gonna happen. Nadal is a whole different proposition.

Let us see what happens at the end of the clay season...

Stchamps
04-25-2008, 08:35 AM
If he gets to the final he is certainly on the way up. a win over djokovic would be huge for him right now

Not necessarily gonna be djokovic :P

ksbh
04-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Sure General! I can agree with that!

Let us see what happens at the end of the clay season...

gj011
04-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Premature "what if" thread.
As someone already said, lets first see what is going to happen.

r2473
04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
To get any respect from me, Fed will have to do the following:

1. Slay the Nemean Lion and bring back its hide.
2. Slay the 9-headed Lernaean Hydra.
3. Capture the Golden Stag of Artemis.
4. Capture the Erymanthian Boar.
5. Clean the Augean stables in a single day.
6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds.
7. Capture the Cretan Bull.
8. Steal the Mares of Diomedes.
9. Obtain the Girdle of the Amazon warrior queen Hippolyte.
10. Obtain the Cattle of the Monster Geryon.
11. Steal the Apples of the Hesperides, which were strictly guarded by a 100-headed serpent-dragon called Ladon.
12. Capture Cerberus, the guardian dog of Hades, using no weapons and bring him back.

Aabye
04-25-2008, 10:20 AM

1. Slay the Nemean Lion and bring back its hide.
2. Slay the 9-headed Lernaean Hydra.
3. Capture the Golden Stag of Artemis.
4. Capture the Erymanthian Boar.
5. Clean the Augean stables in a single day.
6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds.
7. Capture the Cretan Bull.
8. Steal the Mares of Diomedes.
9. Obtain the Girdle of the Amazon warrior queen Hippolyte.
10. Obtain the Cattle of the Monster Geryon.
11. Steal the Apples of the Hesperides, which were strictly guarded by a 100-headed serpent-dragon called Ladon.
12. Capture Cerberus, the guardian dog of Hades, using no weapons and bring him back.

Beating Nadal on clay is equal to at least six of those, and if he does it at RG that would be greater than all those feats combined. But then, it is also something that's less likely to happen. :razz:

tennis_guy
04-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Djokovic will beat him.

RedWeb
04-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Federer isn't greek, but he has pulled off some Herculean tasks in the past and probably has more up his sleeve. He will exceed Sampras slam count before he's done (barring career ending injury).

FedForGOAT
04-25-2008, 10:54 AM
You mean to say:

1. Slay the Nieminen Lion and bring back its hide.
2. Slay the hot-headed Lleyton Hewitt.
3. Capture the Golden Bagel Award
4. Cut down the Errors.
5. Defeat the Argentinean players in a single day.
6. Slay the clay court record of Sergi Bruguera.
7. Capture the Croatian servers
8. Steal the Marred record of Davydenko.
9. Obtain the Grit of the Amazing warrior Henin.
10. Obtain the rattling parents of the Monsterous Djokovic.
11. Steal the media support of Djokovic, which is strictly guarded by a 100 heated serbian fanatics.
12. Defeat Mardy, the guardian Fish of American tennis, using no weapons and bring him back to reality.

This is all written good-naturedly.

Nadal_Freak
04-25-2008, 12:15 PM
If Nadal wins Wimbledon. If Djokovic wins the French. This if game is fun. :rolleyes:

PROTENNIS63
04-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Fed has a long way to go to accomplish that. I would love to see it though. To answer your question, I think most of us would agree he would be in top form.

stormholloway
04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Djokovic will be a harder task than Nalbandian unless Federer takes his level up even more.

CEvertFan
04-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Djokovic will be a harder task than Nalbandian unless Federer takes his level up even more.

He's certainly capable of that but we shall just have to wait and see what happens.

Even if Federer is pushed more this year than he has been in the past few years it will only be a good thing for him. Competition can push one to improve and can rekindle desire (Navratilova and Evert for instance) or it can push you right out of the game (Borg and McEnroe for instance). I think if Federer is pushed more than he has been he'll rise to the occasion rather than fade away.

Greengrass
04-25-2008, 01:40 PM
that is a big IF. Lets take one match at a time.

That's exactly how I view Fed's "return". I'm no Joker fan but there's no disputing he's a cut above Nalby - especially since he won the AO and IW - he's made a real breakthrough.

Defcon
04-25-2008, 02:08 PM
All that matters is the FO. The way things are Fed is no longer guaranteed to make the final, the way he used to be. Another Fed-Nadal final will be good for the sport, and for putting Djoker in his place (he's good but still a league below those two on clay. Never mind the huge difference in class).

stormholloway
04-25-2008, 10:19 PM
I personally thought Davydenko would be more dominant in this tournament. As it stands, Djokovic and Nadal are the best on clay. I'm a huge Federer fan but he isn't looking as good as Novak.

Novak's backhand is penetrating more than Federer's right now and Djokovic is using great variety. Federer came alive in the last two sets against Nalbandian though. He needs to carry this into the morning's match.