PDA

View Full Version : Fed starting to come around

BjornBorg
04-25-2008, 07:21 AM
He clocked Nalbandian (who has been one of the best players over the last six months) in those final two sets. I think he's getting his mojo back.

That's the most effective he's been this whole season. Maybe he can still make some noise at the French. I do think his chances of winning at Roland Garros are quickly becoming less. I don't see him at age 29 or 30 winning there. It's too strenuous. He doesn't have an Agassi or Courier or Muster-like body to pull that off over two weeks when he gets to that age.

He really needs to win the French this year. Maybe this win today is a step to get him there--and working with Higueras.

GRANITECHIEF
04-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Sweet, now my experience watching the match on DVR will be greatly diminished. Thanks!

"He clocked Nalbandian". Ever hear of the match results section?

Buchhalter
04-25-2008, 08:44 AM
If you don't want to know the scores or what happened avoid places like this. You can't be held responsible for what people post, but you can be responsible for what you choose to read.

RoddickistheMan
04-25-2008, 08:50 AM
My favorite thing about Fed and what most people tend to forget is his ability to stay positive no matter what. During his interviews this is most evident. This allows him to never stay in a slump for too long. I think we can all learn this from Fed.

nickarnold2000
04-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Sweet, now my experience watching the match on DVR will be greatly diminished. Thanks!

It does say at the top of this forum. "DO NOT enter this forum if you do not want to see match results!".

GRANITECHIEF
04-25-2008, 09:25 AM
It does say at the top of this forum. "DO NOT enter this forum if you do not want to see match results!".

Wrong!! It says talk about anything pro EXCEPT MATCH RESULTS!

Stchamps
04-25-2008, 09:37 AM

there's like 5 new Fed topics talking about his form and shots, and nothing on nalbandian in topic titles, so that pretty much says who won

GRANITECHIEF
04-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah I know, no biggie.

It'll be cool to watch the matches anyway!

Rhino
04-25-2008, 10:11 AM
It's funny how every time there is a big match, someone posts the results in this section, and then straight away a couple of people say that their match viewing experience has been ruined (people who've been members for years). It's like groundhog day, and yet nobody ever thinks "gee maybe i should avoid TTW until i've seen the match". Weird.

Kim
04-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Agreed with Rhino.

NicolasH
04-25-2008, 10:27 AM
You guys just don't understand: A true tennis fan can influence the outcome of a match even if it's on DVR.

Cheers,
n

stormholloway
04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
More spoiler garbage. Use your heads people.

downey stringing master
04-25-2008, 02:28 PM
federers back i think , you could just see the determination right from the off, he was hungry for it. Perfect tennis by Fed this year so far. the 4hand b-hand.. ability to sense an opening and come in. inspiring stuff.

Vision84
04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
It's funny how every time there is a big match, someone posts the results in this section, and then straight away a couple of people say that their match viewing experience has been ruined (people who've been members for years). It's like groundhog day, and yet nobody ever thinks "gee maybe i should avoid TTW until i've seen the match". Weird.
Then either the rules should change if people can't abide by something so simple or mods should enforce more.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-25-2008, 02:57 PM
I have yet to see any of the matches, but judging by the polls I can only imagine that he won.

Nothing to be worried about, I am sure the OP "misinterpreted" the rules a la Bill Belichick. :D