PDA

View Full Version : All Rounders (SPOILER)

jman
04-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Been watching the Quarter's of Monte Carlo and noticed that all the top 4, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic & Davydenko are finishing alot of their points at net. it looked like they actually wanted to come to net to finish the points off!!
Alright no surprise about Federer, but the others especially Davydenko?? WTF??
This is great, they are all evolving to better players.

Could this be the end of the 'One Dimensional Player'?? I hope so, and hope the rest of the tour will take notice and follow suit.

Zaragoza
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM
The conditions today were hot and dry so the clay played faster than earlier this week and there was no wind. Therefore, players could easily hit winners from the baseline and come to the net a lot.

christos_liaskos
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I would say the top3 have always showed that they want to be all court players. Federer has always been good at attacking the net, Djokovic hired Woodford last summer to help with his net game going into Wimby and Nadal also has always liked to come in when he has an easy put-away. I am loving Davydenko's new strategy of coming in whenever he has the chance. He used to do it only when he had an easy winner but the last few weeks he seems to be looking for the opportunity and the chance to move in as a new way of putting extra pressure on his opponent. It can only help his game in my opinion. Cant wait to see how he does against Nadal tomorrow, especially when you keep in mind there match in Rome last year

Vision84
04-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Nadal is trying to get to the net? I know he is comfortable at the net but usually he just stands 50 feet behind the baseline hitting heavy top spin shots till he forces an error or a winner when his opponent has been hit off the court.