PDA

View Full Version : ktour vs. kblade

kerxny
04-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, I was choosing between these 2 rackets and I have to say they're pretty good. I'm an all-around 3.5 player with a preference for net, but I like hitting hard baseline shots. I've taken a liking to the kBlade, and I don't know which one would be the better choice however.

Please Tennis Talk members, help me resolve my dilemma.

bcast66
04-25-2008, 06:19 PM
both racquets play extremely different.

Roberto
04-26-2008, 02:41 AM
I agree with Bcast, 93 tour and 98 totally different racquets, so if you are happy with both, you have a very large spectrum of racquets to choose from and that you propably like.

bcast66
04-26-2008, 06:15 AM
you should ask your coach or a hitting partner what he thinks. ask them which hits the heaviest ball, which you are more consistent with. CONSISTENCY IS A MUST AT 3.5-4.0 and even 4.5 after that you need more then consistency.

AllDownTheLine
04-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Go with the KTour. That would make Lindsay Davenport, Justine Henin, Alona Bonarenko, Agnes Szavoy and youself as current users. RE: TW http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-KTOURM.html

downdaline
04-26-2008, 10:27 AM
I would actually suggest the kBlade over the Ktour.

It's headlight so it'll be stable and hopefully help with consistency and netplay. At the same time, the dense string pattern (18x20) will help with those baseline shots.

I hit with the kBlade before btw, and it was a very comfortable racquet. Not as low powered as the k95 or k90, but still controlled.

Mansewerz
04-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Are you guys sure he means ktour not kblade tour?

downdaline
04-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Well he said "ktour", so im gonna assume that he can type a thread title properly.

kerxny
04-27-2008, 05:55 PM
I did mean ktour, not kblade tour.

And thanks for your opinions. :)

Mick
04-27-2008, 06:18 PM
I haven't played with a kblade but for my game, a ktour better suited than k90 and k95. That is for sure. I never thought much about using light weight racquets before but it seems that this light weight racquet produces better results (for me) than the standard weight racquets.

Ten_nuts
04-27-2008, 08:17 PM
I've tried the K Blade 98 so i knew this, if you don't use soft strings setup for K Blade 98, it will vibrate a lot which will cause you trouble with elbow problem. On the other hand, the K Tour is an excellent racquet to use and to modify. The K Tour is very easy to modify to meet your games, even if you want it to be headlight. The butt cap of K Tour can be removed to add weight in there. So basically, go for the K Tour.

kerxny
04-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Is there a big difference between the K Blade Tour and the 98?

kaibaNYC06
04-27-2008, 10:27 PM
I personally liked the Ktour a lot more than the Kblade98. I was really surprised at how stable the Ktour felt for such a light racquet. The only issue i had w/ the stick was that my groundstrokes felt more like i was slapping the ball rather then hitting through the ball.

As for the kblade tour and kblade98: there are huge differences in the amt of power each one gives. Although way too low powered for me, i liked the tour a lot more then the 98 version. jus my $0.02.

Racket-Junkie
04-28-2008, 11:03 AM
No offense but at 3.5 the ktour will hurt your game more than help it. I'm sure many people on this board disagree, but then again this is not a realistic sample of tennis players across the world. The beat way to choose is to demo them both, personally I hated the kblade, now if you can find an nblade you would have a great racket to customize and play with. The ktour is just too demanding for 99.9% of the population, sure its fun to hit with, but it doesn't improve your game.

In D Zone
04-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Reading the specs of the KTOUR 95 and the KBLADE 98 - the two are pretty closely match with some minor differences.

Although the minor difference can affect your game if the racquet does not match you playing style and feel. I am with Racket Junkie - you have to demo these racquet first and definitely play with it for a number of times before you decide.

KTOUR like its previous predecessor line of Tour series can be abit of challenge racquet to some while others find it heavenly - comparing with the KBLade, Ktour is less forgiving, feels stiffer and has a heavier swing weight. I think this is a frame that is best suited for fast swing. If you have slow to medium swing you may find the KTOUR to be harsh on the arm. Then I would have you check out the KBLADE.

Hope this help!

Mick
04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
No offense but at 3.5 the ktour will hurt your game more than help it. I'm sure many people on this board disagree, but then again this is not a realistic sample of tennis players across the world. The beat way to choose is to demo them both, personally I hated the kblade, now if you can find an nblade you would have a great racket to customize and play with. The ktour is just too demanding for 99.9% of the population, sure its fun to hit with, but it doesn't improve your game.

we are talking about the KTOUR racquet that the WTA players are using, not the K Factor Tour 90 that Roger Federer is using.

nk126
05-26-2008, 03:53 PM
My wife is demoing racquets and the local shop recommended the KTour. We hit with it today. I usually play a POG 90 and I liked the KTour. For a lighter stick, it felt really solid and crisp, and very comfortable. Good control, too. I'm not going to switch from the heavier Prince, but I liked the KTour. And so did she, for that matter.

AlpineCadet
05-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Well, I was choosing between these 2 rackets and I have to say they're pretty good. I'm an all-around 3.5 player with a preference for net, but I like hitting hard baseline shots. I've taken a liking to the kBlade, and I don't know which one would be the better choice however.

Please Tennis Talk members, help me resolve my dilemma.
In your situation, it would mainly depend on how much work you'd want to put into your shots. At a 3.5 level, your strokes aren't grooved yet, so the racket won't really affect whether or not you will beat down the better players.