PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Problems

SGhimire
04-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Hello everyone, I am new and I am still learning my way around these boards, so sorry if if this has already been posted but here it goes:

My friend is filthy rich and he and I play tennis. He is extremely spoiled and bought me some racquets. [I know I love him too :twisted:] But he bought me 800 dollars worth of racquets and this is what he got me:

1. Babolat Roddick Plus
2. Wilson NBlade
3. Prince Speedport Black
4. Head Microgel Extreme Pro

Overall, each one had its strengths and weaknesses but long story short:
I demoed each one, thought I liked it, each one failed.
Has anyone had that problem when they have a racquet they tried and think they'll like but, in the end, becomes a waste?

fastswingVD
04-25-2008, 09:54 PM
gahlee man give me one of those lol
either speedport black or Nblade :p

bluescreen
04-25-2008, 10:38 PM
your friend buys u $800 worth of racquets and u dont for one second think their may be a deeper meaning behind it?

but besides that, your take on each racquet will differ depending on your playing style. what one of us likes will probably be radically different from what u like. i say just demo each extensively so u, yourself, can evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each.

user92626
04-25-2008, 10:39 PM
yes.......

SGhimire
04-25-2008, 10:48 PM
lol, yea i know there is a deeper meaning behind it. :P no one come up to you and says, "hey, want 800 bucks worth or racquets?"
lol would love that but no.

but yea i have demoed it! 1 week and i played with a person just as good as me. we both played our best and i seem to like each one at the begging but its that transition from the demo to buying that made me go, "is this the same racquet?"

for example, the head. it was good, hit hard, power and control but after i got it, i had elbow problems wasn't hitting the same [b4 elbow problems] wasn't serving as well.

i really dont know, either i am specially cursed or this has happened to more than 1 person, just mind boggling, and annoying

ohhgourami
04-25-2008, 11:25 PM
sell them and try something else then

vndesu
04-26-2008, 12:54 AM
wanna ask your friend to get me a racket too?

fuhzball
04-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Your elbow problems and dislike for the frames could be your string setup. or grip size, or technique..... The point being, if you are new to the game (I really could not tell), all these factor in. Instead of spending more of your buddy's cash, why not tinker a little with what you have. Oh yeah, since you don't like the Head, just send it to me....... and tell your friend to buy you a Fischer....