PDA

View Full Version : Just a little more.....

DustinW
04-26-2008, 03:57 AM
Just a little more pop at the net... that's what I'm looking for. I'm currently playing with the Fischer M Speed Pro #1 SL 98, and I like everything about it except the response I get at the net.

Any suggestions on another frame? And I wouldn't be opposed to going a bit lighter on static weight.

fuhzball
04-26-2008, 07:43 AM
What is your string setup?

LanEvo
04-26-2008, 08:27 AM
its all strings dude, imo try a syn gut kevlar hybrid ull get so much pop

Bhagi Katbamna
04-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Add some lead tape to the sides of the racket(and an equal amount to the handle--so the balance doesn't change). The good thing about it is that you can put as much or as little as needed and make small changes.

DustinW
04-26-2008, 04:42 PM
What is your string setup?

Gosen Micro 16 at 62#. I've tried several string setups, and the more lively setups are too lively for my ground strokes (loss of control).

I might try some lead, but I really don't want to make the racquet any heavier.

fuzz nation
04-27-2008, 05:39 AM
I can appreciate you not wanting to add any weight to your racquet, but in my experience as a S&V player, I can't function too well up at net if I don't have enough weight in my frame to really tell the ball where to go. It might be worth your time to try out something that is also flexible, but heavier as well as significantly headlight (in case you haven't yet).

In terms of strings, I'm a fan of 17 ga. syn gut - it's not too lively compared to some multi's, but I prefer the combo of crisp feel, pop, and control that it seems to provide for me. Some 16 gauges can be rather dull and thuddy by comparison and I wouldn't expect the thinner gauge to behave badly at all in your frames.

2ndserve642
04-27-2008, 07:31 AM
i think the pures storm tour + could give you some more pop