PDA

View Full Version : Switch from i. prestige mid to LM radical

LittleMAC
03-24-2004, 02:20 PM
I currently use an i. prestige mid with alphagut 2000 at 60 lbs. Since being in college, I have found it harder to keep up with the bigger boys. I am a solid player, I hit with a two handed backhand, have a good topspin forehand that I can usually place where i want. My serves are hurting me. As you know, if you don't hit a heavy enough ball you will get crushed, especially playing singles in a respectable college. I am 5'8" weighing about 140 lbs. I was thinking about moving to the LM radical 98. I have hit with it a few times and it seems more forgiving and easier to generate a heavy ball. I like the specs, and enjoy it very much so on my backhand. I was wondering what are the pluses and minuses compared with the i. Prestige mid. And if anyone would be interested in buying any of my 5 i. prestige mids. (4 4 1/2's 1 4 5/8) let me know. Thanks for your help everyone!

LittleMAC
03-24-2004, 02:22 PM
O, and by the way, are there any other reccomendations out there ? Thanks

Ronaldo
03-24-2004, 02:45 PM
IMHO, the LM Radical MP was not as comfortable as the iPrestige mid, which is not as comfy as the Prestige Classic. But you are young, demoed, and like it. iPrestige mid is really incredible accurate and consistant in its response. Personally, I served as well as ever with that racquet and with that small headsize, could swing faster than nearly any other racquet.

LittleMAC
03-24-2004, 02:52 PM
I agree that it is a very comfortable racquet. You need to remember I'm a small person, and to get that racquet speed up there is not as easy for me. I also agree that I can place my serve well with the racquet, but it's not fast enough for it to be effective. I'm also thinking about getting a few TI. Classics instead. What do you guys think about that... any other choices?!

Goldberg
03-24-2004, 05:15 PM
hey littlemac i am going through the same thing. i am playing in my first year of college and was using the head radical OS. i switching to the bab pure control plus and loved serving with it but i could not really do anything else with it. i was thinking of taking a different route and go with the head LM Instinct. i like the specs on it and it seems it will give me enough stability, control and power. i am also about 5'9 and weigh around 170. i use the 2 handed BH and try to get a lot of head speed.
i just have a quick question, whenever i use the head racket i get a blister on the inner side of my thumb. could it be from the rectangular grip shape? i have used many different overgrips but i got the same result.
is there any other racket i should look at
thanks