PDA

View Full Version : Federe is using a Prostaff with PJ?

fastswingVD
04-26-2008, 11:19 AM
(sorry spelled Federer wrong in title)
just look at this picture
the butt cap is actually the old prostaff butt cap
not the k 90 butt cap
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/ppgal/RFEDERER/RFMSC2008-001.jpg
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/big/K61T90-4.JPG

fastswingVD
04-26-2008, 11:24 AM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n17/balence/RF4/11149eb84fb028387662caadd4ee0459-ge.jpg

anirut
04-26-2008, 11:34 AM
I have and Estusa butt cap on my PK Redondo. Would that make the Redondo an Estusa?

Now, I did that for a reason. It felt more comfy than the original cap. Could Fed have the old butt cap for some reason?

fastswingVD
04-26-2008, 11:37 AM
lol psht
old butt cap for some odd reason?
prostaff tour 90 and ncode tour 90 are all have the same shapes
i think he's using one of the two with k paint job

drakulie
04-26-2008, 11:37 AM
I have a pimple on my butt, would that make my butt a pimple??

2ndserve642
04-26-2008, 01:01 PM
same thisg happened with the whats tsonga raquet thread
the guy was saying because of the new buttcap it had to be a k95

Nitro
04-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Why are there suddenly multiple Federer racquet threads? None of them say anything that is likely to be true.

mattyc
04-26-2008, 01:36 PM
i am not sure why people still ask this stuff?

Fed uses a specifically designed frame for him only. it is 100% identical to the original ps85 but made with a 90inch head. the string pattern is also custom, being slightly more open.

the handle he has is completely custom and is made of rubber that you cannot find on any normal bat.

he is using the identical frame to what he has been using for the last 3-4 years, obviously with a diff paint job.

obnoxious2
04-26-2008, 01:38 PM
i am not sure why people still ask this stuff?

Fed uses a specifically designed frame for him only. it is 100% identical to the original ps85 but made with a 90inch head. the string pattern is also custom, being slightly more open.

the handle he has is completely custom and is made of rubber that you cannot find on any normal bat.

he is using the identical frame to what he has been using for the last 3-4 years, obviously with a diff paint job.

People like you over-cise how different pro players racqueets are. Sure htey customize it but not to the extent to where, "...and is made of rubber that you cannot find on any normal bat." That is just stupid.

mattyc
04-26-2008, 01:45 PM
People like you over-cise how different pro players racqueets are. Sure htey customize it but not to the extent to where, "...and is made of rubber that you cannot find on any normal bat." That is just stupid.

how is it stupid. his bat is nothing like the k90 at all. the swing weight is also nowhere near 370 by the way. the static weight is 355 unstrung, but the swing weight is about 345.

his grip is exceptionally unusual, and yes it is nothing like you can buy in shops.

also the bat is very very handle heavy/ headlight.

bluescreen
04-26-2008, 01:53 PM
wow, this butt cap situation has been discussed like a million times. use the search function please.

[d]ragon
04-26-2008, 02:02 PM
seriously, use the search. does it really matter what racquet fed is using?

[d]ragon
04-26-2008, 02:03 PM
how is it stupid. his bat is nothing like the k90 at all. the swing weight is also nowhere near 370 by the way. the static weight is 355 unstrung, but the swing weight is about 345.

his grip is exceptionally unusual, and yes it is nothing like you can buy in shops.

what evidence/sources do u draw this info from?

Lendl and Federer Fan
04-26-2008, 02:29 PM

LOL.......

HeadPrestige
04-26-2008, 03:22 PM

where do you always come up with this BS? do you have some magical source?

First the dunlop frames and now this.

VikingSamurai
04-26-2008, 04:12 PM
(sorry spelled Federer wrong in title)
just look at this picture
the butt cap is actually the old prostaff butt cap
not the k 90 butt cap

Wow. You had the gual to tell me how crap I was when I posted my vids. And from what I have seen you have been trolling the boards. Yet you didn't even know that Fed had a different butt cap? Or the reasons why?

You are either a kid that just likes talking a lot and putting others down. Or you are a guy that really has no clue about tennis at all.. And this isn't the first silly comment I have seen you make regarding this sport..

nickb
04-26-2008, 04:23 PM

You have no evidence to support what you are saying. His static weight changes all the time..

I think he uses a real K90 just customized....I cant prove anything just like you...string pattern matches, beam matches, weights recorded by pro stringers match..remember Greg Raven couldnt tell a difference between the feel of a stock NCode 90 and Feds racket..

Nick

tennisfa
04-26-2008, 04:42 PM
wrong section.........

Fedace
04-26-2008, 04:52 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n17/balence/RF4/11149eb84fb028387662caadd4ee0459-ge.jpg

Ok i have a strong theory that Roger is still using his old prostaff 90, the remake of the old Prostaff vincent, the racket that he was using right before the Ncode 90 came out. but only trouble with this is that the beam width looks little fatter than the PS 90. and also the sound off his racket sound little more metallic which is more consistant with K-factors. and the old PS90 had very distinctive THUD sound when you made contact. this is NOT consistant with Roger's current frame. and also ROGER NEEDS A BIGGER RACKET TO WIN THE FRENCH.....:shock:

meowmix
04-26-2008, 04:53 PM

Hey mattyc, I know you play the equivalent of open level tennis in England I believe, right? Not that I don't believe you, but have you actually been able to hold Fed's racket in your and get specs? If you have, then you've been holding out on us!

El Guapo
04-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Anyone who thinks that Federer uses a real K90 (customized or not) is a tool and a moron.

Swissv2
04-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Anyone who thinks that Federer uses a real K90 (customized or not) is a tool and a moron.

Prove he is not using a real K90, customized or not.

El Guapo
04-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Prove he is not using a real K90, customized or not.
Ask him. I have. Almost no one plays with the k-factor krap. Most are using a version of the old pro staff with a few using ncodes or asian ncodes. All are significantly weighted.

BreakPoint
04-26-2008, 05:57 PM
STOP IT!!!!!!

This butt cap stuff is getting ridiculous!!

A butt cap means NOTHING!!!!!

It is a completely interchangeable part of the racquet. If Federer started using a synthetic instead of leather grip or switched from Luxilon to Babolat strings, would you also think he's switched frames? It's the same with the butt cap. He simply prefers the feel of the old butt cap, so after Priority One or the Wilson Pro Room custom molds his handles for him (almost all pros use custom molded handles), they put the old butt cap on there for him. END OF STORY!!!!

drakulie
04-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Ask him. I have. Almost no one plays with the k-factor krap. Most are using a version of the old pro staff with a few using ncodes or asian ncodes. All are significantly weighted.

^^^ Not true. I spoke to Fed and he told me he was using a regular, off the shelf k90. You sir, are a liar.

BreakPoint
04-26-2008, 06:00 PM

And you know all of this for sure, HOW???? :confused: :-?

Federer uses a retail K90 customized to his specs after-market. End of story.

Swissv2
04-26-2008, 06:02 PM
^^^ Not true. I spoke to Fed and he told me he was using a regular, off the shelf k90. You sir, are a liar.
hahaha. Nicely done Drak, nicely done.

BreakPoint
04-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah, and Federer's exact words were that he "wouldn't play with that K-Factor crap", right? :roll:

BreakPoint
04-26-2008, 06:08 PM
So I guess you're the "tool and moron"?

Here you go, a Wilson press release from February 28, 2007:
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennis...&bannerregion= (http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=16635&bannerregion=)

Excerpt:

"You may never produce the type of transcendent tennis Federer plays, but now you can play with Federerís actual racket. The sleek red, white and black [K]Six.One Tour racket bears Federerís signature, boasts his familiar brown leather grip and features the same specs (12.5 ounces, 90Ē head, 27Ē length and a 16 x 19 string pattern) as Federerís personal racket. Suggested retail price is $209.

"This is one of the very few times in history a company has introduced a racket a consumer can buy in a store that is the actual racket the worldís top player is using," Jon Muir General Manager of Wilson Racket Sports told Tennis Week. "This is exactly the racket we're sending him, itís the racket he pulls out of his bag and now consumers can go out and buy Rogerís racket."

CASE CLOSED!!!!

fastswingVD
04-26-2008, 06:13 PM
y'all heard the man
case closed
i don't care about it anymore

jmverdugo
04-26-2008, 07:00 PM

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennis...&bannerregion= (http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=16635&bannerregion=)

Excerpt:

"You may never produce the type of transcendent tennis Federer plays, but now you can play with Federer’s actual racket. The sleek red, white and black [K]Six.One Tour racket bears Federer’s signature, boasts his familiar brown leather grip and features the same specs (12.5 ounces, 90” head, 27” length and a 16 x 19 string pattern) as Federer’s personal racket. Suggested retail price is $209.

"This is one of the very few times in history a company has introduced a racket a consumer can buy in a store that is the actual racket the world’s top player is using," Jon Muir General Manager of Wilson Racket Sports told Tennis Week. "This is exactly the racket we're sending him, it’s the racket he pulls out of his bag and now consumers can go out and buy Roger’s racket."

CASE CLOSED!!!!

Isnt this from the same company that says that Djokovich uses a kblade and Fish k95 and hennin a ktour?

I really dont care if Fed racket is a stock k90 modified, it may be, but you shouldnt quote this source, it is just not reliable. JMO

BreakPoint
04-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Isnt this from the same company that says that Djokovich uses a kblade and Fish k95 and hennin a ktour?

I really dont care if Fed racket is a stock k90 modified, it may be, but you shouldnt quote this source, it is just not reliable. JMO
Do a search. Wilson has NEVER said that Djokovic, Fish, nor Henin use the exact same racquet that you can buy in the stores.

They have ONLY EVER said this about Federer and his retail K90.

80'stennis
04-27-2008, 12:12 AM
1. Companies like Wilson #1 interest is to sell products. They'll say anything to get the public to buy their stuff.
2. I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows Fed. I even talked to Fed myself. Therefore, I am right. My experience negates everyone else's.
3. To prove my point I read an article that says . . . Even more impressive I read another thread on the forum that says . . . And most impressive of all
I stated in a previous thread . . . thus my point is proven.
4. Fed just went to a heavier set up. That's my signal. Time to break out the lead tape.

old coach
04-27-2008, 04:32 AM
1. Companies like Wilson #1 interest is to sell products. They'll say anything to get the public to buy their stuff.
2. I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows Fed. I even talked to Fed myself. Therefore, I am right. My experience negates everyone else's.
3. To prove my point I read an article that says . . . Even more impressive I read another thread on the forum that says . . . And most impressive of all
I stated in a previous thread . . . thus my point is proven.
4. Fed just went to a heavier set up. That's my signal. Time to break out the lead tape.

I agree.
Wilson is multi $ company and Federer, their tool to make even more money. He has multi $ contract with Wilson. And in it stipulate that he must to promote their product. + he might have some royalty fee to be involved as well. Do you expect him publicly say that it is not same racquet as they offer you in the stores world wide? Come on! It's a business. For Wilson no problem to spend thousand of $ to make custom racquet for him and other top players and their sales guarantee as long as these players will perform well. Their K95 is nothing like K90 and in top 100 no one plays with this racquet. It's only a business. They there to make money what ever it takes.Maybe sound too harsh, but it's true. Same goes for all other companies as well.

hoodjem
04-27-2008, 06:05 AM
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/ppgal/RFEDERER/RFMSC2008-001.jpg

Look very closely and carefully at that buttcap. That's not a 'W'' that's an 'E'. Fed is now using an Estusa racquet.

"Buttcaps prove everything."

downey stringing master
04-27-2008, 06:45 AM
STOP IT!!!!!!

This butt cap stuff is getting ridiculous!!

A butt cap means NOTHING!!!!!

It is a completely interchangeable part of the racquet. If Federer started using a synthetic instead of leather grip or switched from Luxilon to Babolat strings, would you also think he's switched frames? It's the same with the butt cap. He simply prefers the feel of the old butt cap, so after Priority One or the Wilson Pro Room custom molds his handles for him (almost all pros use custom molded handles), they put the old butt cap on there for him. END OF STORY!!!!

i agree , when i head i.pretiges mids i made all 5 have volkl caps. so i must of been using a volkl with a head pj ;) , see how ridiculous it all is?

DomStar7
04-27-2008, 06:57 AM
it seems to me that if hewitt or djokovic are using paint jobs you are all shocked and annoyed but when it comes to federer it is an exception.
Its a racquet!

Fedace
04-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Look very closely and carefully at that buttcap. That's not a 'W'' that's an 'E'. Fed is now using an Estusa racquet.

"Buttcaps prove everything."

Butt cap is for the pro90 but so what. this frame's thickness is much thicker than pro 90

Blank
04-27-2008, 06:20 PM

LOL you should not sit down too much. Play more tennis, it will go away :D

El Guapo
04-27-2008, 07:18 PM

Excerpt:

"You may never produce the type of transcendent tennis Federer plays, but now you can play with Federerís actual racket. The sleek red, white and black [K]Six.One Tour racket bears Federerís signature, boasts his familiar brown leather grip and features the same specs (12.5 ounces, 90Ē head, 27Ē length and a 16 x 19 string pattern) as Federerís personal racket. Suggested retail price is $209.

"This is one of the very few times in history a company has introduced a racket a consumer can buy in a store that is the actual racket the worldís top player is using," Jon Muir General Manager of Wilson Racket Sports told Tennis Week. "This is exactly the racket we're sending him, itís the racket he pulls out of his bag and now consumers can go out and buy Rogerís racket."

CASE CLOSED!!!!
Keep smoking that pole, lemming.

Fedace
04-27-2008, 07:26 PM
I was told by a well respected stringer that he had a shipment of rackets that he had to string and ship to federer at the tournament site. Now this was sometime ago like 3 years ago when we thought he was using the N-code cause all his rackets were painted like N-code 90. This stringer told me that Federer was still using the Old Prostaff original 85, it was just painted like Ncode. But this was way back when. Since then i have heard again that federer has finally decided to switch to N-code frames and were using them for a fact. Now with this K-factor controversy, i have no idea about. I have NOT heard from this guy that he had seen fed with K-factors. Not even sure he had strung rackets again for federer after that one time.

BreakPoint
04-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Keep smoking that pole, lemming.
And so where's YOU'RE proof? :roll: Show me a quote from somebody who would know that Federer is definitely NOT using a retail K90.

YOU'VE GOT NOTHING!

It's so bizarre that some people think Federer's actual racquet has some magical powers or something. It's a d*mn tennis racquet, for chrissakes!!! Just like the retail K90 is a tennis racquet. What in the world would make you think his is special and somehow "better" than the retail K90? Are you telling me that if he used a retail K90 that he would never win a tennis match? Get real and please put down that bong now.

BreakPoint
04-27-2008, 07:54 PM
I was told by a well respected stringer that he had a shipment of rackets that he had to string and ship to federer at the tournament site. Now this was sometime ago like 3 years ago when we thought he was using the N-code cause all his rackets were painted like N-code 90. This stringer told me that Federer was still using the Old Prostaff original 85, it was just painted like Ncode. But this was way back when. Since then i have heard again that federer has finally decided to switch to N-code frames and were using them for a fact. Now with this K-factor controversy, i have no idea about. I have NOT heard from this guy that he had seen fed with K-factors. Not even sure he had strung rackets again for federer after that one time.
3 years ago, Federer was using the K90 painted to look like the nCode 90.

vsbabolat
04-27-2008, 08:06 PM
You guys can draw your own conclusions.

Here are the visual differences between the retail N6-1 Tour 90 and the N-6-1 Tour 90 that is claimed to be Federer's that Greg Raven has.
http://homepage.mac.com/gregraven/tennis/PhotoAlbum10.html
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/FED1.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/FED2.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/FED3.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/FEDspacing.jpg

To me the N6-1 Tour 90 that Federer used and the K6-1 Tour 90 that is sold to the public is the same mold. Whether Federer's K6-1 Tour 90 uses the same layup as the retail version that is a whole other kettle of fish.

Fries-N-Gravy
04-27-2008, 08:18 PM
man there are like 20 threads all of the the sudden about federer's buttcap. can we all just agree that the most logical speculation is that he's been using what we know as the k90 for years, and using the old buttcap makes no difference. we may never know for sure. i hope this doesn't keep you guys up at night.

VGP
04-28-2008, 06:52 AM

If you've got pimples on both your butt and your face, does that make them essentially one in the same?

El Guapo
04-28-2008, 11:03 AM
And so where's YOU'RE proof? :roll: Show me a quote from somebody who would know that Federer is definitely NOT using a retail K90.

YOU'VE GOT NOTHING!

It's so bizarre that some people think Federer's actual racquet has some magical powers or something. It's a d*mn tennis racquet, for chrissakes!!! Just like the retail K90 is a tennis racquet. What in the world would make you think his is special and somehow "better" than the retail K90? Are you telling me that if he used a retail K90 that he would never win a tennis match? Get real and please put down that bong now.
When did I say that it was magical or better than a retail K90, pole-smoker? I feel sorry for people like you who need to validate their lives based on what someone else does or doesnt' do.

BreakPoint
04-28-2008, 11:25 AM
When did I say that it was magical or better than a retail K90, pole-smoker? I feel sorry for people like you who need to validate their lives based on what someone else does or doesnt' do.
Are you referring to yourself? You have absolutely no proof nor evidence whatsoever yet you go around spewing that Federer is not using a K90 so that you can feel like you know something that other don't and to validate you own life. Sad......just sad. :cry:

stormholloway
04-28-2008, 12:10 PM
3 years ago, Federer was using the K90 painted to look like the nCode 90.

Where do you get this crap? So Wilson just suddenly started selling a racquet that had been around for several years? And karophite black was in it all the time?

Why would you assume this to be true when you have zero evidence?

And why does Federer's buttcap remain just as it was before if this is just a retail K90? There'd be no reason to use the old buttcaps. He's obviously using the same old racquet he always was, and Wilson made the K90 with a similar grip length and similar string spacing to shut all the fanboys up.

stormholloway
04-28-2008, 12:12 PM

YOU'VE GOT NOTHING!

And you have proof that Federer's racquet is just a retail K90 that he's been using for 3 years? Of course not. There is far more evidence that Federer isn't using the K90 than there is evidence that he's been using it since the nCode days.

The buttcap is the same! It's the same racquet he's been using for years with a K paintjob.

If it's just a tennis racquet then why come to a forum and always talk about it? People want to know what he's using because many of us speculate that it's close to the 85, since that's what he always used.

BreakPoint
04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Where do you get this crap? So Wilson just suddenly started selling a racquet that had been around for several years? And karophite black was in it all the time?

Why would you assume this to be true when you have zero evidence?

And why does Federer's buttcap remain just as it was before if this is just a retail K90? There'd be no reason to use the old buttcaps. He's obviously using the same old racquet he always was, and Wilson made the K90 with a similar grip length and similar string spacing to shut all the fanboys up.
Huh? When does a butt cap indicate anything? If I changed the butt cap on my K90, does that make my racquet a different racquet? This has been discussed to death! Do a search! http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=193868

And when are you going to get it through your head that Karophite Black does not exist? It's a made up name - just like Karbon Black was, which was printed on every K90 before they got sued. It's nothing but the same nCoded graphite that was in the nCode 90. The only difference between the nCode 90 and the K90 is that the K90 does not contain HyperCarbon and is not Double Braided. This is what Federer had been using under his nCode 90 paintjob during the 3 years that he used that paintjob. Thus, Federer has been using the same racquet since he switched to the K90 from the retail PS Tour 90 in 2003. In late 2006, Wilson decided to sell Federer's racquet to the public because the public kept clamoring for it, and gave it the name "K90".

stormholloway
04-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Huh? When does a butt cap indicate anything? If I changed the butt cap on my K90, does that make my racquet a different racquet? This has been discussed to death! Do a search! http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=193868

I don't need to do a search for some thread where you tell everybody what you just stated above.

Why the hell would his racquets have the old buttcaps if it's a retail K90? Why would Wilson stick in the old style buttcaps? That doesn't make sense. The point is you would NEVER replace all of your K90 buttcaps with old ones, just as Federer wouldn't do that, nor would Wilson. If he were using a retail K90, as you claim he is, he wouldn't bother with something as trivial as buttcaps.

And when are you going to get it through your head that Karophite Black does not exist? It's a made up name - just like Karbon Black was, which was printed on every K90 before they got sued. It's nothing but the same nCoded graphite that was in the nCode 90. The only difference between the nCode 90 and the K90 is that the K90 does not contain HyperCarbon and is not Double Braided. This is what Federer had been using under his nCode 90 paintjob during the 3 years that he used that paintjob. Thus, Federer has been using the same racquet since he switched to the K90 from the retail PS Tour 90 in 2003. In late 2006, Wilson decided to sell Federer's racquet to the public because the public kept clamoring for it, and gave it the name "K90".

Why would Federer suddenly not use a double braided construction? He grew up with such a racquet.

Where do you get off making such crap up as is bolded above? You have no evidence for such a statement. You talk about it as if it's fact. You talk about not giving a damn about what Federer uses, then try so desperately to convince people he's using a K90 when you have no evidence whatsoever that he is.

You even talk about hat Wilson "decided" to do as if you had first hand knowledge. Amazing.

BreakPoint
04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
And you have proof that Federer's racquet is just a retail K90 that he's been using for 3 years? Of course not. There is far more evidence that Federer isn't using the K90 than there is evidence that he's been using it since the nCode days.

The buttcap is the same! It's the same racquet he's been using for years with a K paintjob.

So if Federer switched to a Big Bubba and put the same old butt cap on it then he hasn't switched racquets at all? :confused: He can put whatever butt cap he likes on his racquets, just like he can put whatever strings, grips, power pads, etc. on his racquets. Do those things indicate a different frame as well? The initial production of retail K90's also had the old butt caps on them and people on this board got them. Does that mean their racquets were not K90's either? Federer simply likes the feel of the old butt caps. Maybe they just fit better on his custom molded handles?

Here's a pic of the first retail K90 that Craig Clark got. Note the "Karbon Black" decal and the old butt cap. Is that also Federer's racquet? :-?

Here goes!!;)

http://i13.tinypic.com/2q3ytt5.jpg

CC

Where exactly is this "far more evidence that Federer isn't using the K90"?

Wilson has publicly stated numerous times in press releases and interviews that Federer is using the retail K90. They have made statements so clear and specific, that even an 8 year-old would be able to sue them and win in court if those statements were not 100% true.

Wilson has NEVER said that a racquet that a sponsored pro is using is the exact same racquet that is sold in the stores about ANY other pro, except about Federer and the K90. Search all you want.

BreakPoint
04-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Why the hell would his racquets have the old buttcaps if it's a retail K90? Why would Wilson stick in the old style buttcaps? That doesn't make sense. The point is you would NEVER replace all of your K90 buttcaps with old ones, just as Federer wouldn't do that, nor would Wilson. If he were using a retail K90, as you claim he is, he wouldn't bother with something as trivial as buttcaps.
Butt caps are not trivial. They have a different feel. Just ask any Volkl user. Some people prefer a softer, some people a harder butt cap. Some prefer a certain shape. Harkleroad used to put Wilson butt caps on her Babolat Pure Drives. Federer gets his handles custom molded just like most top pros do. Then he asks Priority One or the Wilson Pro Room to put the old but caps on them or maybe that's all they have in stock. He holds the racquet with half of his palm off of the end of the handle so the feel of the butt cap is very important to him.

Besides, if Federer didn't care about the butt cap and Wilson was trying to fool people with a paintjob, why would they not also put the new K90 butt caps on his racquets? It shows up in almost every photo.

Why would Federer suddenly not use a double braided construction? He grew up with such a racquet.
Please get a clue. I beg of you. The PS 6.0 85/95 is NOT Double Braided. You only need double braiding when you add an extra layer of HyperCarbon, as in the nCode 90 and PS Tour 90.

You even talk about hat Wilson "decided" to do as if you had first hand knowledge. Amazing.
Yes, selling the racquet that Federer had been using to the pubic was indeed a "decision" made by Wilson. That's how a business is run. :roll:

stormholloway
04-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Here's a pic of the first retail K90 that Craig Clark got. Note the "Karbon Black" decal and the old butt cap. Is that also Federer's racquet? :-?

Well they don't use that buttcap anymore do they? Yet Federer still uses a racquet with the old buttcaps. Visually, besides the paintjob, there is nothing different about his current racquet as opposed to when he had an nCode paintjob. There is no evidence he switched racquets, and no evidence the K90 is what he's always been using.

Where exactly is this "far more evidence than Federer isn't using the K90"?

Wilson has publicly stated numerous times in press releases and interviews that Federer is using the retail K90. They have made statements so clear and specific, that even an 8 year-old would be able to sue them and win in court if those statements were not 100% true.

Wilson has NEVER said that a racquet that a sponsored pro is using is the exact same racquet that is sold in the stores about ANY other pro, except about Federer and the K90. Search all you want.

And you believe Wilson? Doesn't Head claim Safin uses the Microgel Prestige Mid? Wilson also claimed Federer used the nCode. Why do you suddenly believe them? Because they made slight adjustments to their frame to make it similar to what he plays with?

Answer me: why are you going around telling people what "Wilson decided" to do as if you know first hand? Racquet companies ALWAYS lie about what racquet their players are using. Why do you now suddenly believe them?

Also, are you an attorney? What could you sue Wilson for? Lying? Lying isn't illegal. The only thing they can't lie about is the product they are specifically selling. You can say so and so uses the racquet, but you can't say the racquet has so and so materials if it does not.

stormholloway
04-28-2008, 12:50 PM
And for a guy who said "it's a damn tennis racquet for chrissakes!!!" you seem to care an awful lot about this subject. Stop pretending.

BreakPoint
04-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Well they don't use that buttcap anymore do they? Yet Federer still uses a racquet with the old buttcaps. Visually, besides the paintjob, there is nothing different about his current racquet as opposed to when he had an nCode paintjob. There is no evidence he switched racquets, and no evidence the K90 is what he's always been using.
So the people using the retail K90's with the old butt caps are not really using K90's but Federer's actual racquet? :confused:

You do know that butt caps are not part of the frame, don't you. They are easily interchangeable. You can change the butt cap faster than you can change a grip.

Again, Federer hasn't switched racquets since 2003 when he switched from the retail PS Tour 90 to his current racquet (retail K90).

And you believe Wilson? Doesn't Head claim Safin uses the Microgel Prestige Mid? Wilson also claimed Federer used the nCode. Why do you suddenly believe them? Because they made slight adjustments to their frame to make it similar to what he plays with?

Answer me: why are you going around telling people what "Wilson decided" to do as if you know first hand? Racquet companies ALWAYS lie about what racquet their players are using. Why do you now suddenly believe them?

Head has never said Safin is using the SAME Microgel Prestige Mid that you can buy in the stores. Wilson has never said that Federer's nCode 90 was the same nCode 90 that you can buy in the stores. That's the BIG difference!

Saying that a pro uses a certain model is NOT the same as saying a pro uses the same racquet that we can buy in the stores. You do know that Head and Wilson have dozens of racquets that all have the same retail marketing name only differentiated by code numbers, don't you? When Wilson says that Djokovic is using a K-Blade, they are not lying. It's just that Wilson has 30 different racquets all with the marketing name "K-Blade". They sell one version to the public and Djokovic uses a different version, but they both have the name "K-Blade", so Wilson can claim that Djokovic uses a "K-Blade" even though it's not the same one that we can buy in the stores.

Just ask any pro. When they test prototypes, the frames don't have marketing names, just code numbers so they can be differentiated internally. After the pro chooses one of the prototypes to use, they can give it any name they want even if it's the same marketing name as a different racquet that they sell to the public. There's no law against naming many different people "John Smith" and there's no law against naming different frames "K-Blade".

BreakPoint
04-28-2008, 01:04 PM
And for a guy who said "it's a damn tennis racquet for chrissakes!!!" you seem to care an awful lot about this subject. Stop pretending.
I only care when people spew garbage and mis-information. I don't care what racquet Federer actually uses as it doesn't affect my tennis whatsoever. If I didn't think he uses a retail K90, I'd say so. Just like I've always said he never used a nCode 90 from day one, when it first came out.

downey stringing master
04-28-2008, 01:08 PM
this is stupid, federer will probs use the same racket since he started i mean why change.. he is 5 years no.1 why change it ?

[K]Topspin
05-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Why does everyone care so much. Just use what you guys thinks hes using, then go out and hit the courts, and bagel everyone.