PDA

View Full Version : No TV for Monte Carlo in the US?

topsltennis
04-26-2008, 02:16 PM
If not, any live streams and what time will the match be?

Fee
04-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Tennis Channel.

Lendl and Federer Fan
04-26-2008, 02:18 PM
yeah, unfortunately, it is only on TC.

Spatula
04-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Everyone complains about TC usually but their coverage of Monte Carlo has been fantasic...everyday it's been on, live and repeats....

Love it!

robertk29
04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
yeah rite, and maybe when they repeat the matches the third time they might even show us the ball. what a bummer..ESPN2 where are you??

Klatu Verata Necktie
04-26-2008, 02:54 PM
ESPN2 where are you??

With rodeo, figureskating, wood chopping, poker, NFL draft talk, and billiards, ESPN2 doesn't have any room in their lineup for tennis :(

CEvertFan
04-26-2008, 03:20 PM
It would be nice if the picture quality was better on the Tennis Channel but you have to give it to them for devoting 8+ hours live in the mornings (I'm on the East Coast of the USA) and then repeating it during the evening hours.

The issues with the picture quality might not just be their fault but the cable companies' fault as well. I know that there are more than a few other channels in Comcast's lineup (who I get my service from) where the quality isn't so good, even on a CRT TV. Tennis Channel HD has been released but so far from what I've read the only service to carry it is DirecTV.

topsltennis
04-26-2008, 03:22 PM
I gotta get the TC- more and more it's the only way to see tennis.

scotus
04-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I have most of the Monte Carlo matches on DVD. You can contact me at asyluke@yahoo.com.

ndtennis
04-26-2008, 04:41 PM
yea its hard to bash Tennis Channel when its the only channel where you can watch tennis

DNShade
04-26-2008, 04:45 PM
The coverage on TC has been great. They really don't have control over what the picture quality is - but I have noticed that it is a bit better than day one - a bit more contrast and a bit easier to see the ball. The compression of the signal is due to the cable companies - not TC - and that is the main reason the ball is hard to follow.

Plus - if you've been to the MC tennis club - the main court is a bit awkward to place cameras. But the coverage and amount of time is fantastic. Couldn't ask for more and you'd never get this on ESPN 2. Just needs to be in HD - and I'm sure it soon will be.

Fee
04-26-2008, 04:47 PM
The cameras on the main court in Monte Carlo were placed there by the tournament and everyone has been dealing with that same picture problem. It would look exactly the same on ESPN if they were still covering the tournament because they used the same feed. It is not the Tennis Channel's fault.

Defcon
04-26-2008, 05:13 PM
May Comcast burn in hell. They still don't offer TTC in the bay area, and I'm begging them to take my money. No TTC, no espn360, crappy west coast coverage from Nbc during Wimbledon - we suffer I tell ya!

Fee
04-26-2008, 05:34 PM
May Comcast burn in hell. They still don't offer TTC in the bay area, and I'm begging them to take my money. No TTC, no espn360, crappy west coast coverage from Nbc during Wimbledon - we suffer I tell ya!

You have to get the digital package, and then add the Sports package for $5. They offer it in the greater Sacramento region, they must offer it there as well. Check the website. If you don't see it there, call them. Call again if you have to, the first person I spoke to a year ago had no clue it was there either.

Defcon
04-26-2008, 07:39 PM
"Our offices are currently closed, thank you for contacting Comcast" - now this is what I call 24hr service.

What did I tell you, Comcast is the spawn of Satan !! So much for my hopes of getting TTC in time for Fed-Nadal.

Thx for your tips Fee, I guess I'll try again on Monday.

CaveMan
04-26-2008, 08:00 PM
I have comcast digital and have it!

red13
04-27-2008, 02:06 AM
i was in mexico for the last few days and was able to catch both semi-finals on ESPN tv there. I just got home and was hoping to see the finals todays. Why does ESPN torture the US viewers? I wished i had stayed one more day. The coverage in mexico on ESPN had english announcers also.

bluetrain4
04-27-2008, 02:09 AM
I don't have Tennis Channel. I bought a $7.95 day pass for the Monte Carlo final on the ATP site.

Looking forward to the final.

dirtballer
04-27-2008, 02:38 AM
Comcast digital is not standard across the country. Some regions have TTC while others don't. Our Comcast region does not have TTC on either the digital package or the sports tier.

Fedexeon
04-27-2008, 02:59 AM
Time for every tennis fans in US to get TC.

equinox
04-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Why is it on so late? I've an early day tomorrow.. :|

pound cat
04-27-2008, 03:37 AM
yeah rite, and maybe when they repeat the matches the third time they might even show us the ball. what a bummer..ESPN2 where are you??

ESPN International is in Canada and South America....