PDA

View Full Version : Head Microgel Extreme Pro

J-lob
04-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi, I'm thinking of buying one. Can owners of the racket please give me their opinion.thnks

0range
04-26-2008, 10:47 PM
My wrist hurts.

Rollingpotato
04-26-2008, 10:48 PM
A rocket launcher.

PDR is way better than this one IMHO

kanjii
04-26-2008, 11:07 PM
It's a good alternative, especially if the PDR is too heavy or too stiff.

0range
04-26-2008, 11:09 PM
It's a good alternative, especially if the PDR is too heavy or too stiff.

ME Pro _is_ very stiff.

Btw, PDR = Babalot Pure Drive Roddick?

0range
04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
I have ME Pro, and I plan to get a different racquet in the future.

The more I look at ME Pro the more I hate that stupid round racquet face...

gangster33
04-27-2008, 01:45 AM
i have the standard microgel extreme and its awesome. mine doesnt feel stiff at all, but i do have very soft strings on the cross (xcel premium)

kanjii
04-27-2008, 07:42 AM
ME Pro _is_ very stiff.

Btw, PDR = Babalot Pure Drive Roddick?

that's it :)

I used 56lbs strings so it wasn't so bad. PDR was a bit heavy aft a while. I currently use APDC, but the power for flat shots and serves are not as good as the PDR or Pro.

nk126
05-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I demo'd one for about two hours today and generally liked it, but am not convinced I should get it. I usually play a Prince Graphite (original) and wanted to try something with a 100" head that's also a bit more forgiving. Microgel hit pretty well, was very spin friendly for me, and was lighter & a bit more maneuverable than the POG. But it didn't have quite the same solid feel off the ball - it was good, but not quite the same. Also, more power in the Microgel - the ball launched on me a little more where the POG made me hit through it more. Not sure yet, have to hit with it some more.

Heipnotik
05-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Depends, the micro gel extreme pro is a good racket. I personally am good all around the court. Mine is strung with head sonic 17 mains and head fxp crosses. I have 2 dampeners on it. The babolot O with the insert in it on the bottom and just the plain O on the top. It makes it have a nice solid feel and if it feels weird i can move it around. I have found it to be very good. You can also tell when you mishit the ball cuz it rattles a little. Its a nice pracitice racket.

clarky
05-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi,

I have a Head Microgel Extreme Pro and I really like it. I used to have a Pure Drive years ago, but it had way too much power and gave me a sore shoulder. The extreme pro has not made my arm sore at all, I am using SPPP in it strung at around 58lbs. I wouldnt string any lower than that or you may lose some control. I find it to be a nice all court racquet and has a nice feel to it.

I recommend it, best thing is to demo see if you like it

fortunecookiesjc
05-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Low tension... Its a nice racquet but take full swings or you be popin balls everywhere

BennyLava
05-28-2008, 02:16 PM
i previously used a PD, PDR, and an APD. With the woofer technology.. i feel like i'm playing with a trampoline.. like all my balls are getting a little bit of extra help from the racquet. i'd hit one foot above the net but still send the balls long... with the extreme pro.. i really don't feel like i have to "tone down" my swing.. and i can just concentrate on my shots and my game.. i have a full, fast swing with a full western grip and this racquet (ppl say its never the racquet and i 95% agree with them BUT....) really really helped my forehand consistency.

scs96ajr
06-21-2008, 12:23 AM
i previously used a PD, PDR, and an APD. With the woofer technology.. i feel like i'm playing with a trampoline.. like all my balls are getting a little bit of extra help from the racquet. i'd hit one foot above the net but still send the balls long... with the extreme pro.. i really don't feel like i have to "tone down" my swing.. and i can just concentrate on my shots and my game.. i have a full, fast swing with a full western grip and this racquet (ppl say its never the racquet and i 95% agree with them BUT....) really really helped my forehand consistency.

I have the same impression, the Extreme Pro is a racket that allows me a full swing without sending the balls to the wires! Particularly my forehand is a lot more consistent than before. I can whack the ball put so much spin that I can clear the net by 3 feet and still get the ball well in court.
I noticed that I traded ball speed for spin but the balls that count are the ones that land on court. I am delighted with this rackets.