PDA

View Full Version : SV Jack Kramer Staff 85 - I got it free!!!

hrstrat57
04-27-2008, 10:20 AM
I love my local town dump!!

Made my 2nd trip this w/e to make another deposit. Left a nice set of bookshelves in the free area, I don't like to throw stuff away someone else can use......

Sitting there in the free area with case? U guessed it.....nearly unhit St Vincent Wilson Jack Kramer Staff mid 85!! With case!! Still strung with period accurate(small letters) Prince syn gut 17. Uncut string, likely original job....there are no tool marks that I can see.

Took it out for a hit.....as I have said before regarding my St Vincent Pro Staff mid, shot hit with pace on the sweet spot? Nothing.....you feel absolutely nothing. There is nothing like it in tennis. If you have struck such a shot with one of these sticks you know what I mean....if not....you don't understand.

Only with the slightly stiffer Kramer Staff you get that feeling with more pace.

I had two of these in the past, broke one and sold the other for big $$$ on the big site:oops:

This one I am keeping.

Free remains my favorite word!

:)

anyone can top that one today???

don_nguyen11490
04-27-2008, 10:44 AM
I agree with that Muffin Man, who lives on Berry Lane.

luca85
04-27-2008, 11:24 AM
I agree with that Muffin Man, who lives on Berry Lane.

The Muffin Man lives on Drury Lane

zapvor
04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
wow thats lucky.

Bud
04-27-2008, 10:38 PM
I picked up a mint SV PS recently for $29.00... free would have been acceptable, too, though... :razz:

Deuce
04-27-2008, 10:46 PM
I Took it out for a hit.....as I have said before regarding my St Vincent Pro Staff mid, shot hit with pace on the sweet spot? Nothing.....you feel absolutely nothing. There is nothing like it in tennis. If you have struck such a shot with one of these sticks you know what I mean....if not....you don't understand.

Only with the slightly stiffer Kramer Staff you get that feeling with more pace.

The Kramer Staff is supposed to be more flexible than the Pro Staff.
It's the fibreglass.

lethalfang
04-27-2008, 11:59 PM
I love my local town dump!!

Made my 2nd trip this w/e to make another deposit. Left a nice set of bookshelves in the free area, I don't like to throw stuff away someone else can use......

Sitting there in the free area with case? U guessed it.....nearly unhit St Vincent Wilson Jack Kramer Staff mid 85!! With case!! Still strung with period accurate(small letters) Prince syn gut 17. Uncut string, likely original job....there are no tool marks that I can see.

Took it out for a hit.....as I have said before regarding my St Vincent Pro Staff mid, shot hit with pace on the sweet spot? Nothing.....you feel absolutely nothing. There is nothing like it in tennis. If you have struck such a shot with one of these sticks you know what I mean....if not....you don't understand.

I had two of these in the past, broke one and sold the other for big $$$ on the big site:oops:

This one I am keeping.

Free remains my favorite word!

:)

anyone can top that one today???

You want to make 5 bucks? :shock:

aimr75
04-28-2008, 12:23 AM
pics........
________
Vtx1300S (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VTX1300S)

Pro Staff Pete
04-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Awesome man, can you post some pics?

hrstrat57
04-28-2008, 03:03 AM
Kramer staff seems to hit with more pace, but does have a much "softer" feel agreed.....80/20 graphite/ fiberglass vs the ps 85 kevlar in lieu of fiberglass.

I wonder if there is anything on the www spec wise orig put out by Wilson for these frames. I would love to see some old advertisments, dunno if Wilson ever did much marketing for the Kramer staff, I sure don't recall any. Any one have a link to old ads or specs post em up here please.

I'll road test it some more this month side by side with the ps85 to refresh my mind on the impressions and report back here if there is any interest. Been a few years since I have done that. I'll mix in the recently acquired china ps 85 just for giggles.

About 15 years ago I had a bag with 2 SV PS 85's and the previous Kramer Staff. I used to pull out the Kramer staff when I tired towards the end of a match and it used to help me get through. Perhaps it was the comfort of the increased softness that helped....I'd like to see specs....impressions are not always accurate.

I'll work on getting up some pics soon.....

Exact racquet sold last night on the big site for $208, only this one is in better shape.

....ain't sellin' tho

zapvor
04-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I picked up a mint SV PS recently for $29.00... free would have been acceptable, too, though... :razz:

where do you guys go to get such good deals??