PDA

View Full Version : String pattern affect sweetspot?

BkK_b0y14
04-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Ok, so I probably answered my own question by asking this but does the string pattern of a racket affect where the sweetspot is located or even how big the sweetspot is? My guess is yes. The reason I am wondering is that I have been demoing the K90 and it just feels outstanding for everything. I can hit the sweetspot very often, not mishit as much as my POG, and surprisingly I can get more spin than on my POG. The only downside is the weight/swingweight. It is a freaking tank and I give mad props to Fed if he is really using this... So after all this time I have spent with the POG, could it be that my strokes don't fit the sweetspot of the POG? If that makes any sense...

radionise
04-27-2008, 01:40 PM
I was about to ask a similar question; given two identical rackets with similar specs and strung to similar tension, but one with 16x18 while the other with 18x20 string pattern, which one will give larger sweet spot?

toughshot
04-27-2008, 03:43 PM
The 16x18 should feel like it has a "bigger" sweetspot, because the strings stretch more and it feels softer/more forgiving

thats my 2 cents

bcast66
04-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Ok, so I probably answered my own question by asking this but does the string pattern of a racket affect where the sweetspot is located or even how big the sweetspot is? My guess is yes. The reason I am wondering is that I have been demoing the K90 and it just feels outstanding for everything. I can hit the sweetspot very often, not mishit as much as my POG, and surprisingly I can get more spin than on my POG. The only downside is the weight/swingweight. It is a freaking tank and I give mad props to Fed if he is really using this... So after all this time I have spent with the POG, could it be that my strokes don't fit the sweetspot of the POG? If that makes any sense...

i bet he uses a heavier stick. most pros can bench allot more then 260lbs i have seen andre aggaisi lift 325lbs. so that leads me to believe they are not weak. but somehow get strong without increasing mass.

obnoxious2
04-27-2008, 04:31 PM
i bet he uses a heavier stick. most pros can bench allot more then 260lbs i have seen andre aggaisi lift 325lbs. so that leads me to believe they are not weak. but somehow get strong without increasing mass.

I really don't think benching weight has to do with your swing weight. If anything, it's your forearms which you don't work at all benching.