PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aero Pro Drive Cortex vs. Pure Storm

V.Zinyakov
04-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Ive hit with the Babolat aero pro drive cortex since the end of last summer. and ive improved alot since then.

I am an aggresive baseliner so sometimes i over hit on shots usually down the line shots that i use too much arm on.

On a scale for topspin from 1-10 i hit about a level 7 level topspin all the time.

so i was hitting the other day and all my racket strings broke and had to run in the pro shop and use a demo. someone checked out the APD cortex so i tried the Pure storm. and i played a pro set and won.

two days later i return to hitting with the APR cortex and i played this really good guy who was like a 5.0-5.5 and i lost the set 5-7. we had really good points and the reason i kept loosing points was because i was over hitting.

what differences (good & bad) does the Pure storm have from the APD? what is similar about them?

if anyone has hit with them and, if you don't mind leave your comments.

martin
04-27-2008, 01:12 PM
APDC has more power than pure storm . Actually the power is right between the pure drive and the storm. It is definitely easier to get more topspin. I like that aero shape very much. I felt that the apdc swung easier maybe because of the shape but i also have some leadtape along the handle of the pure storm to get it more headlight and give it more mass to handle heavy balls.
I like the apdc more even if you're overhitting you can easily solve this by using a poly strung a little higher.

V.Zinyakov
04-27-2008, 02:03 PM
so the apdc and the storm's power arent that diffrent?

and i get more spin because of the apdc's curved frame right? vs the storm's box frame?

sonicboi21
04-27-2008, 02:23 PM
so the apdc and the storm's power arent that diffrent?

and i get more spin because of the apdc's curved frame right? vs the storm's box frame?

hahahaha. no
storms frame is not boxed.
its just that storm is more control oriented.

yonex's are a boxey frame

welcome2petrkordaland
04-27-2008, 02:35 PM
i play with an aero pro drive wout cortex. i've been using polys but my tennis elbow can't handle it anymore, so i'm using kevlar blends at low tensions. the apd has a 72 flexibility/stiffness rating, which is quite stiff, which of course gives the racket such power.

I've never tried the pure storm but noticed that it's stiffness/flexibility rating shows it being more flexible than the apd. take it for what it's worth.

so if you have any arm problems at all (unless you use softer strings to solve the problem), just know that the apd is perty darn stiff, thus powerful.

[d]ragon
04-27-2008, 06:49 PM
hahahaha. no
storms frame is not boxed.
its just that storm is more control oriented.

yonex's are a boxey frame

yonexs feature hexagonal beams not box. only box beam racquets i know of on the current market are the k90