PDA

View Full Version : New Head MG MID-O'kay to let TW string with gut?

Japanese Maple
04-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Will be purchasing Head mg mid this week and putting VS gut in racquet. Question: is it okay to have TW string racquet knowing it will be on airplane to east or string myself since I have my own machine. Concerned about compromising the integrity of string and temp variations.

psp2
04-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Will be purchasing Head mg mid this week and putting VS gut in racquet. Question: is it okay to have TW string racquet knowing it will be on airplane to east or string myself since I have my own machine. Concerned about compromising the integrity of string and temp variations.

If you're comfortable stringing ngut, I would string it myself.

Spatula
04-28-2008, 09:21 AM
If you string for yourself why wouldn't you string it? You know how you like your stringbed, you do it currently, you have concern of temp variation in shipment...

Just string it yourself.

Japanese Maple
04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
If you string for yourself why wouldn't you string it? You know how you like your stringbed, you do it currently, you have concern of temp variation in shipment...

Just string it yourself.
Of course I can string it myself but why waste 1 hr. doing it myself if TW will do it for free with racquet purchase. If string can maintain its integrity on a plane with variabile temps, no reason not to have TW do it-stringing my racquet is not my idea of a good time!

baselinerT
04-28-2008, 11:46 AM
That's right. You should be getting more for you dollar or two hundred.

drakulie
04-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I would string it myself. Everyone who has traveled on plane with frames says teh same thing>>>>> the frame loses a lot of tension.

BTW< good luck with the frame.

ambro
04-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Get it strung with their free synthetic gut at just above the midrange tension to "break in" the grommets. Then string the gut yourself. If they string the gut it will lose tension on the plane/truck ride over, and the new grommets will make the string seem looser than it is strung at. There are too many variables with them stringing it IMO. Do it yourself.

NoBadMojo
04-28-2008, 03:02 PM

I wouldnt worry about it. it;s not going to lose any more tension this way than if it was sitting around your place unused. it will be all around just fine.

What I would concern myself with if you are a regular gut user is prestretch or no prestretch and how much and if your tension when you string matches theirs..on that basis, i would string it myself