PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Fed should retire threads?

Otherside
04-28-2008, 08:06 AM
I think it's a little funny that all the last couple of months discussions
regarding Fed and him being washed up and should retire are forgotten over a weekend. How many times has Nadalfreak said he should retire?

If he can beat Nadal at the french isn't all that important to me. As a tennislover I'm just superhappy that he's back and seeing his netgame and short cross courtforhands against Nadal was the highlight of the weekend=)

The claycourtmatches between Nadal and Fed are so nice to watch despite Fed losing. I truly hope they both make the FO finals and that there will be an epic encounter between them!
I actually think Fed is one of the best claycourters of all time, Love the way he sets up the points, the variation and his movement.
Nadal is a great athlete and deserves all the cred. Novak is a bum...

Busy day at work so didn't have time reading through the different threads and finding some where to post this.

Lion King
04-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Fed IS the #2 claycourter at the time. That being said, the distance between #1 and #2 is way too long. Nadal is shaping up to become (or is already) the clay GOAT. If he wins the French this year (likelihood = 98% barring injury), he may be called the best ever on clay, even above Borg.

It's nice to see Fed coming back in Monte Carlo of all places. The conditions here are probably worst for him. The slow, high-bouncing red clay is exactly the opposite what he loves - fast, low-bouncing hard courts and indoor courts. So I (as a Fed fan and a Rafa respecter, if not a full-blown fan) am optimistic about this season. Looks like we're going to see some great matches and the rivalry will continue.

Morrissey
04-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Don't worry, he's a first round loss away from it.

danb
04-28-2008, 01:22 PM
I think it's a little funny that all the last couple of months discussions
regarding Fed and him being washed up and should retire are forgotten over a weekend. How many times has Nadalfreak said he should retire?

If he can beat Nadal at the french isn't all that important to me. As a tennislover I'm just superhappy that he's back and seeing his netgame and short cross courtforhands against Nadal was the highlight of the weekend=)

The claycourtmatches between Nadal and Fed are so nice to watch despite Fed losing. I truly hope they both make the FO finals and that there will be an epic encounter between them!
I actually think Fed is one of the best claycourters of all time, Love the way he sets up the points, the variation and his movement.
Nadal is a great athlete and deserves all the cred. Novak is a bum...

Busy day at work so didn't have time reading through the different threads and finding some where to post this.

In a mediocre day Nadal still beat Fed. In the second set he came back from 0-4 to win it. I like Fed but he has troubles with guys he cannot intimidate.

johnny ballgame
04-28-2008, 01:31 PM
He can hang around as long as he wants to. Just so he understands that events like Estoril are the only ones he can actually win... ;)

tacou
04-28-2008, 01:56 PM
why do you want them? this thread is more useless than those ones.