PDA

View Full Version : An interesting fact about the Bryan Brothers

akv89
04-28-2008, 01:30 PM
I just realized that the brothers currently hold none of the 4 major championships and have been in only one of the last four finals. They also don't have any points from the year end masters from last year since they didn't take part in it. Anyone else surprised?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I am not really surprised about the Grand Slams points, because last year they were dominant, but outside of Australia they didn't do much at the other slams. Also, they withdrew from the Masters Cup to focus on the Davis Cup final.

edmondsm
04-28-2008, 01:37 PM
I think the introduction of the match TB instead of a traditional 3rd set has upset the balance in the world of doubles.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
04-28-2008, 01:48 PM
I think the introduction of the match TB instead of a traditional 3rd set has upset the balance in the world of doubles.

Upset the balance for whom, the new system received a lot of positive feedback from the players. The Bryan twins can't blame their form on the system, but to the fact that the other teams are really motivated to beat them.

Example: San Jose final, their opponents were on fire and there was nothing to be done.

tacou
04-28-2008, 01:57 PM
I don't think the match TB is to blame at all, though I do think it's kind of silly. It does its job though; shortening "boring" doubles matches and getting more singles players involved.