PDA

View Full Version : Using 3-4 different rackets for a league match

bruno hau
04-28-2008, 01:34 PM
I played a couple of 8.5 combo league matches last season and one guy on the other team used 3-4 different rackets all the time. He would serve with one racket, return with another racket, volleys (when his partner is serving) with another racket. Surprisingly, he actually played well with all these different rackets without any adjustment time and won matches. I am talking about totally different rackets (Head LM Prestige Midsize, Wilson PS 6.1 Classic, Babolat Pure Drive, Wilson nCode 90). Is he insane or just talented?

sonicboi21
04-28-2008, 01:54 PM
he probably practices only baselining, volleying, returning with only a specific racket. id say with practice, people can do it. but he is talented too

goober
04-28-2008, 02:42 PM
I played a couple of 8.5 combo league matches last season and one guy on the other team used 3-4 different rackets all the time. He would serve with one racket, return with another racket, volleys (when his partner is serving) with another racket. Surprisingly, he actually played well with all these different rackets without any adjustment time and won matches. I am talking about totally different rackets (Head LM Prestige Midsize, Wilson PS 6.1 Classic, Babolat Pure Drive, Wilson nCode 90). Is he insane or just talented?

3 of those 4 racquets are somewhat similar players frames. The PD is different but not as crazy as someobdy with changing with an OS, Mid, MP with very different weights.

I actually played somebody in a tourney that brought 4 racquets that he was demoing and rotated in between all of them during the match. I thought that was really bizarre. He even told me what was wrong or good about each one during changeovers-lol

fuzz nation
04-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Suddenly I feel slightly less pathetic...

Nitro
04-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I understand why somebody might do that. It makes sense if you think about the different characteristics one needs in a racquet for each aspect of the game. It sounds like someone just couldn't find the perfect racquet that didn't compromise some aspect of their game.

HoVa
04-28-2008, 05:31 PM
he's just trying to show off that he can afford all those racquets.

hit him in the face next time.

BullDogTennis
04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
he's just trying to show off that he can afford all those racquets.

hit him in the face next time.

your my hero...haha