PDA

View Full Version : the 93 rok

tennis666
01-10-2005, 08:09 PM
I havent been looking at racquets for a while so what happened to the rok93 sq in head. I was looking for a similar racquet. Also is wilson going to be makeing a new verson of the rok. like the nrok or soming. thanks

OnyxZ28
01-10-2005, 08:45 PM
It was DC'd. Wilson's new catalog listing the nSurge doesn't look like it has a replacement model, either.

ragnaROK
01-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Yeah bad marketing on Wilson's part coming out with the Tour 90s and 95s along with the Rok. Sad because it was one of those purist frames that deserved more attention. With some mods, the 93 Rok is a great weapon for those we want pinpoint control and can generate all the power themselves.

Prostaffer
01-11-2005, 03:46 AM
yes rag. the rok is a fantastic stick. beautiful cosmetics as well. great great stick. i think it has amazing feel and great touch. for doubles it's my racquet of choice definitely. besides the iprestige xl. this is as close as you can come to having a scalpel in your hands.

Ultra2HolyGrail
01-11-2005, 04:04 AM
The ROK is a pretty damn good racquet. Most comfortable pro staff wilson probably ever made..

loubapache
01-11-2005, 04:06 AM
I'll third how great a racket the ROK is. The added benefit of this racket is that the string never breaks. I bought three of them but am only using one because I have never broken a string on this racket, even using 18g strings.

Ultra2HolyGrail
01-11-2005, 04:22 AM
The only thing the ROK needs is a open string pattern and to be a little stiffer...

djones
01-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Is this racquet comparable to the Head Prestige Classic mid?
And how's the spin potential and stability of this racquet compared to the Prestige classic mid?

Prostaffer
01-11-2005, 05:13 AM
not sure compared to the prestige classic. very stable racquet. great feel and not that bad on the arm. spin....eh. you can get spin, although for me it was hard to hit with spin and pace with this stick. or maybe not. time to pull my three out of the bag. i will second the string breaking. i'm not a huge string breaker, but snap my share. this racquet is very good on the string life.

gully
01-11-2005, 05:19 AM
I have an unused ROK 93 frame I'd trade or sell if any of you aficionados are interested: jpauljohnson@msn.com.

Serve-And-Volley
01-11-2005, 06:03 AM
I will also give praise to the Rok 93. The Rok could pound groundstrokes as hard as any stick or could you get nice serve and volley out of her. I only played about 2 weeks with her though but throughly enjoyed that time. The small headsize, weight, and balance made it an exceptional racquet.

loubapache
01-11-2005, 06:25 AM
I also have a couple extra ones in various conditions, if any one is interested.

I still use the ROK but I use the Tour 95 more now. A bit easier (lighter) to play than the ROK.

Colpo
01-11-2005, 10:09 AM
The Prestige mid is more flexible in the shaft, with a softer overall feel, than the Rok mid. That said, the Rok mid is a great racket. Excellent manuveurability, balance and ball control, great hand-feel.

Deuce
01-12-2005, 12:15 AM
The ROK plays nothing like the Prestige Classic.

Compared to the Prestige Classic, the ROK feels like a wimpy toy.

I like flexible frames. I like frames with touch and feel. I like 'purist' frames. Been playing with those types of frames for over 20 years. And I really didn't find anything to like about the ROK mid.