PDA

View Full Version : I really need help in picking a racquet(yonnex rds001mid,midplus,and 002 tour??

keepurpowderdry
04-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I have allways been able to serve very big with spin or flate. Forehand is very consisten and my 1 handed back hand is just developing. My 2 handed bachand is very good. My weakiest part of my game is returning fast flate serves. Im going to purchase a yonnex players racquet and I would like to have your help in picking out the right one.. Im currently playing with wilson n tour and I play with 3.5 skill level players. I havent been rated by anyone but im the best player in my group and no one can return my serve. hope that helps But will be intering tournaments this summer with higher skill level.
thanks for your time..

keepurpowderdry
04-28-2008, 08:31 PM
i got 21 views and nobody will even say a word.. did i offend anyone ?

[d]ragon
04-28-2008, 08:38 PM
is there a local shop where u can demo? or maybe demo from tw? cuz demoing is the only way ur gonna know which one is best for u. its up to u but u should also be open to other companies as well

keepurpowderdry
04-28-2008, 08:57 PM
ragon;2293532']is there a local shop where u can demo? or maybe demo from tw? cuz demoing is the only way ur gonna know which one is best for u. its up to u but u should also be open to other companies as well

I searched on yellow pages and googled it but I found only pro shops but none of them had demo racquets :(.. I love 1 hour south of los angeles. I will look into demo with tw.. thx for responding !

m1stuhxsp4rk5
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
if you can handle the weight the rds 002 tour is a really good racket but the non tour version isnt bad either.

[d]ragon
04-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I searched on yellow pages and googled it but I found only pro shops but none of them had demo racquets :(.. I love 1 hour south of los angeles. I will look into demo with tw.. thx for responding !

no prob. i also think the rds002 tour will be a good choice because the extra weigh will help u when returning serves (also might add some extra power on ur own serves). also remember to prepare early, split step, and shorten the backswing

counterpuncher
04-30-2008, 04:26 PM
While I believe that the RDS002 Tour is the better racquet out of those it will be quite a step up weight wise from your current n-tour. I would go with the RDS001mp which is a fairly good frame also (just stiffer and lighter, although still heavier than your ntour) and should serve you well. I have now switched to the RQiS1 but most of my hitting partners prefer the RDS001mp.

fuzz nation
04-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Definately do what you can to get together some demos. The racquets that you've got your eye on are all potentially phenomenal, but on the other hand you may hate each one. You'll only know when you hit with them. The 001 mp is probably the best one to try first if you can, but it should be interesting for you to try any of those three.

the wise wizard
04-30-2008, 07:38 PM
i liked the 001 mid quite alot

In D Zone
04-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Are use to or have ever play with a mid (90)?

Mid offers low power this means that you have to swing faster to generate you own power. If your answer is 'Yes'- then I would recommend RDS001 Mid.

My Second favorite is the RDS002 Tour. Pound per pound, this is the closes match to the RDS001 Mid except with a bigger head - which mean easier to generate power.

Both are very solid racquet - the only thing to tinker is the string set up.
I have both of mine setup with Pro Supex Hybrid. Main: Premier Ace 17g @ 56lbs; Cross: Spiral Flex 16g 58lbs.

In D Zone
04-30-2008, 08:07 PM
I have allways been able to serve very big with spin or flate. Forehand is very consisten and my 1 handed back hand is just developing. My 2 handed bachand is very good. My weakiest part of my game is returning fast flate serves. Im going to purchase a yonnex players racquet and I would like to have your help in picking out the right one.. Im currently playing with wilson n tour and I play with 3.5 skill level players. I havent been rated by anyone but im the best player in my group and no one can return my serve. hope that helps But will be intering tournaments this summer with higher skill level.
thanks for your time..

Now you got some feedback on the racquet.... the next challenge for you is to know how to attack the serve. The racquet is only as good as the technician who knows how to use it effectively.

Here's a link to several instructional video's that can help you
http://tennis.com/yourgame/instructionvideos/returnserve/index.aspx

HINT: pay close attention to the footwork, this is the key to great return of serve.

Zachol82
04-30-2008, 09:02 PM
If you cannot get a demo racquet. I would say go for the RDS 002 Tour. However, be warned that it takes a lot to use the Tour version. I thought it was the worse racquet I've ever picked up when I first tried it. This is simply because there were a lot of freaking change from my old racquet.

Switching from closed to open pattern.
Switching from a light racquet to a 12.1oz racquet.
Switching from traditional head shape to square/rectangular.
Switching from racquets made in China to racquets made in Japan.

Ok, so maybe the last reason isn't so important...maybe. Still, I stick with the racquet since it was a lot of money and there was no way that I'm going to sell it for less or throw it away. Practice pays off. The RDS 002 Tour is just amazing.

keepurpowderdry
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Now you got some feedback on the racquet.... the next challenge for you is to know how to attack the serve. The racquet is only as good as the technician who knows how to use it effectively.

Here's a link to several instructional video's that can help you
http://tennis.com/yourgame/instructionvideos/returnserve/index.aspx

HINT: pay close attention to the footwork, this is the key to great return of serve.

Thanks so much for the link !! and the foot work reminder ..

keepurpowderdry
04-30-2008, 09:27 PM
If you cannot get a demo racquet. I would say go for the RDS 002 Tour. However, be warned that it takes a lot to use the Tour version. I thought it was the worse racquet I've ever picked up when I first tried it. This is simply because there were a lot of freaking change from my old racquet.

Switching from closed to open pattern.
Switching from a light racquet to a 12.1oz racquet.
Switching from traditional head shape to square/rectangular.
Switching from racquets made in China to racquets made in Japan.

Ok, so maybe the last reason isn't so important...maybe. Still, I stick with the racquet since it was a lot of money and there was no way that I'm going to sell it for less or throw it away. Practice pays off. The RDS 002 Tour is just amazing.

Ive been hearing that (rsd 002 tour is amazing ) ty

counter_puncher
04-30-2008, 10:07 PM
While I believe that the RDS002 Tour is the better racquet out of those it will be quite a step up weight wise from your current n-tour. I would go with the RDS001mp which is a fairly good frame also (just stiffer and lighter, although still heavier than your ntour) and should serve you well. I have now switched to the RQiS1 but most of my hitting partners prefer the RDS001mp.

omfg! theres another guy called counterpuncher!

counterpuncher
04-30-2008, 10:19 PM
omfg! theres another guy called counterpuncher!
yes, judging by your join date - I think I had the name 4 years earlier : )