PDA

View Full Version : Triple B... 6.0 95...

ej
01-10-2005, 08:02 PM
My 6.0 95 is 14 years old and has a nice crack in the upper hoop, so I don't use it. I remember loving the racquet, but thought the lack of mass in the head contributed to some real instability on balls hit high (of course that may have been the crack). Can you comment on the off-center response of this frame?

morten
01-11-2005, 02:51 AM
lead at 2 and 10 is the answer.I cant use this racket without lead,unstable allright...

TripleB
01-11-2005, 04:57 AM
I think the racquet offered VERY good stability as is. As with most racquets there was some stability lost in the upper hoop area but as morten stated, a little lead tape at 2 and 10 would take care of that. However, I felt the racquet stability was pretty good stock and if I were to purchase the racquet, I would not add much, if any, lead tape. One of my favorite things about the racquet was the fact that I could disguise shots so well because of the great maneuverability. I would rather put up with a little instability in the upper most part of the racquet and keep the great maneuverability. Just my opinions of course.

TripleB

ferrari_827
01-11-2005, 05:34 AM
I felt the 6.0 95 needed about 3 grams of lead tape. It's a great racket, but the precision is not at the level of IPrestige Mid or RDX500mid.

BreakPoint
01-11-2005, 11:52 AM
I use my PS 6.0 95's stock. Yes, I agree that there's a loss in power or a dead feel at the upper hoop, but it doesn't bother me. I can usually still get the ball over the net even when I hit it up there. Lead tape just made the racquet less maneuverable at the net for me. I'm with TripleB, I'd rather maintain the great maneuverabilty and give up some feel and power in the upper hoop. Besides, if you aim to hit the ball in the upper hoop at the net, you can hit some great drop volleys. :D

finchy
01-11-2005, 03:23 PM
i leaded my PS 6.0 95 with 12 grams in the hoop, equally distributed at the 2, 4, 8, and 10 positions on the head. it definitely increased the size of the sweetspot and stability ALOT! when i was using a stock PS 6.0 95, my one handed backhand always torqued and twisted, but since i leaded it up, it feels awesome on both wings!. it might have also helped that i went to john newcomb's tennis ranch too. lol.

Coria
01-11-2005, 04:05 PM
TripleB. Did you buy your RDX MP's? If you did, I'm sure you'll love them. You never responded to my post. I hope I didn't confuse you.

Russell Finch
01-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Like breakpoint I use my HPS 6.0 tour without lead. I had about 4" at 2 and 10 for a while but couldn't move it around quickly enough at the net. I've definitely lost some stability but that's compensated by the better mobility. Serve speed is about the same as I can get that bit more racquet speed without the lead.

TripleB
01-12-2005, 03:55 AM
Coria,

I have not purchased them yet but will probably be doing so within the next week. I'm going to get two of them while I'm getting. I'm still trying to decide which direction to go with the stringing - see my post over in the Strings Section of the board - "the Elite Eight - Vote 1 Last Time".

TripleB