PDA

View Full Version : Head I.Prestige MP vs MG Prestige MP

Gee
04-29-2008, 04:15 AM
Does anyone played with these both frames? What are the differences?
Is the I.Prestige more solid than the MG?

I would like to know this because I play with the MG Prestige MP. It is a very nice frame only it is not solid enough to me. As the i.prestige mp has a higher swingweight I think it 'll be more solid. Besides I can buy the i.prestiges at a low price. Any information about the Iprestige MP would be appreciated.

Ross K
04-29-2008, 05:37 AM
As regards the i. Prestige, my first and strongest 'con' would be I found it a tad too underpowered (though I didn't get round to experimenting with strings, tensions, etc.) I also require more in the way of topspin TBH. And for a final 'negative' I had a problem with the grip size. Otherwise though, I really liked the frame. It has excellent control and pin-point accuracy. I liked the feel and didn't find it too stiff (as others have reported before.) And in terms of how it swung and maneuverability, for me it was exceptional (in this regard I can't think of a rod I've preferred more.)

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the MG Prestige.

jazar
04-29-2008, 05:49 AM
i like the microgel prestige, i think its the best playing racket on the market at the moment, but i wouldnt change my i.prestiges for it.

the difference in swingweight is 324 to 320, but in my opinion the micrgel swings loads lighter.

the microgel feels really solid and stable, but the i.prestiges even more so.

overall, i would say that the i.prestige probably requires a slightly faster swing speed than the microgel. all these new technologies cant beat a nice, classic frame

Whatsavolley?
04-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Haven't hit with the microgel yet, but I can't imagine a frame feeling more solid. Love the i prestige, but i'm interested in how the microgel compares because the i's are becoming harder to come by.