PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see Mario Ancic doing so well this year.

simi
04-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Not sure about you others, but I'm glad that Mario is doing well this season. After his injury and finishing law school, his ranking is steadily improving to the level his is capable of sustaining.

zagor
04-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Yeah,I'm a big Mario fan as well and I'm glad he's playing well.I think he can get back to top 10 by the end of the year and if he continues this good form he'll certainly be a threat on grass.BTW he's leading against Murray right now in Barcelona.

el sergento
04-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Mario's so talented but he really needs to bulk up. For such a big guy he's not that aggressive, even off his serve, often choosing to play from the baseline. If he's to have any success doing that he's got to lift some weights or develop a more effective forehand, the backhand is solid.

He's really frustrating to watch (and entertaining as well) because all of his matches seem to go the limit, I've rarely seen him win in straights. He's got to be more aggressive IMO and net rush some more.

joeri888
04-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah,I'm a big Mario fan as well and I'm glad he's playing well.I think he can get back to top 10 by the end of the year and if he continues this good form he'll certainly be a threat on grass.BTW he's leading against Murray right now in Barcelona.

Ancic would definitely be an awful draw for the top guys to get early on Wimbledon. Imagine Federer for example draws Ancic first round, he defenitely would not be happy.

edberg505
04-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Ancic would definitely be an awful draw for the top guys to get early on Wimbledon. Imagine Federer for example draws Ancic first round, he defenitely would not be happy.

He wouldn't be happy, but I doubt Mario would win a single set. Just like the last time they played.