PDA

View Full Version : More Arrogance from the Quitter Djokovic

Blue Drop
04-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Dkokovic attacks 'spoiled' Brits
"World number three Novak Djokovic has accused young British tennis players of lacking the hunger needed to succeed."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7369812.stm

At least the Brits have the 'hunger' to stay in matches and not run away crying like little babies (e.g., his "injury" default against Federer last weekend).

I just can't believe this guy ...

Stchamps
04-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Can't make accusations since his breathing condition may be more serious than you think.

The balls in your court.
04-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Can't make accusations since his breathing condition may be more serious than you think.

No offense but when it comes to excuses, the joker is an amateur compared to the Fedexcuse train.

Blue Drop
04-29-2008, 09:51 AM
No offense but when it comes to excuses, the joker is an amateur compared to the Fedexcuse train.

At least he FINISHES his matches.

Blue Drop
04-29-2008, 10:01 AM

He said it was a "sore throat." When was the last time you heard of someone quitting for a sore throat? Oh right, never.

gj011
04-29-2008, 10:03 AM
You are making something out of nothing.

I don't see any arrogance here. He actually said some nice things about Murray, contrary to truly arrogant Federer's remarks about the same player.

WillAlwaysLoveYouTennis
This rather seems like a rant to me. Have no opinion on the topic, just the placement on these boards.

ksbh
When was the last time you heard of someone with mono playing on without missing one tournament and also winning 5 set matches?! Oh right, never. Wait a minute ... the super human Federer!

He said it was a "sore throat." When was the last time you heard of someone quitting for a sore throat? Oh right, never.

Vision84
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Stop tying to stir up more trouble. There is enough of that already about Djokovic in plenty of other threads. Djokovic has won a grand slam beating some top players along the way. You don't get there without working your butt off.

And Djokovic is not the first to make those criticisms about British tennis. I have heard it many times before from top people in the business. I went to high school with a bunch of them and based on those experiences I would come to the same conclusions.

edberg505
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
You are making something out of nothing.

I don't see any arrogance here. He actually said some nice things about Murray, contrary to truly arrogant Federer's remarks about the same player.

I'm not so sure it was arrogance on Federer's part, but more like a true statement. Seriously, can you say Murray improved? I honestly don't see anything different in his game. Murray got pounded by Djokovic last year, and he got pounded by Djokovic this year. To be honest, the worst thing he could have done was get rid of Brad Gilbert.

joeri888
04-29-2008, 10:15 AM

Maybe his fans are, but surely Federer himself isn't an excuse kinda guy. He barely needed any in the last 5 years.

gj011
04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm not so sure it was arrogance on Federer's part, but more like a true statement. Seriously, can you say Murray improved? I honestly don't see anything different in his game. Murray got pounded by Djokovic last year, and he got pounded by Djokovic this year. To be honest, the worst thing he could have done was get rid of Brad Gilbert.

Well, it may be true, but didn't Djokovic also say the truth about the state of British tennis? He also said some nice things as well there. Federer didn't when he was talking about Murray.
So why is Djokovic being arrogant and Federer wasn't? Double standards?

zagor
04-29-2008, 10:17 AM
I agree with Djokovic here.It's not like he exactly attacked the Brits,he simply told the truth IMO and he even said that he expects Murray to be top 5 very soon.

edberg505
04-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Well, it may be true, but didn't Djokovic also say the truth about the state of British tennis? He also said some nice things as well there. Federer didn't.

LOL, I never said Djokovic was being arrogant with regard to that article.

gj011
04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
LOL, I never said Djokovic was being arrogant with regard to that article.

I wasn't talking about you saying Djokovic was arrogant, but the OP.

Netbudda
04-29-2008, 10:20 AM

If I remember right when you breath, air goes through the larynx and the trachea, I imagine someone breathing really hard and taking air through the mouth could actually go through a lot of pain while having a sore throat, then you are also getting dehydrated and have to swallow food and liquids ( more pain ) so at one point I imagine the impact on your overall performance could be quite high. I for example have played matches with a cold and I just can't perform because I can't breath right and I get tired quickly.

spiritdragon
04-29-2008, 10:38 AM
well, djokovic is just expressing his opinion and it is a rather valid one also.

edmondsm
04-29-2008, 10:44 AM

Richard Gasquet. 2007 US Open.

edmondsm
04-29-2008, 10:48 AM
This is a subject that often perplexes me. As much as I'd hate to side with Richard Williams, he was correct in observing that he has been able to create two more grand slam champions within his own family then the entire British Empire has been able to create in the better part of a century. What is with British tennis?

PROTENNIS63
04-29-2008, 10:52 AM

Djoker wrote the book of excuses!

Morrissey
04-29-2008, 11:39 AM
"World number three Novak Djokovic has accused young British tennis players of lacking the hunger needed to succeed."

At least the Brits have the 'hunger' to stay in matches and not run away crying like little babies (e.g., his "injury" default against Federer last weekend).

I don't think it's a case of arrogance as much as it is plain, blunt truth about the state of British tennis. But I do see how it can be said about him since he's a cocky dude and couldn't even lose respectably to Fed because his parents and his ego couldn't handle it. :-)

norcal
04-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Maybe Djokers classless parents can get a sore throat remedy endorsement and wear matching outfits of giant Nyquil bottles with holes cut out for their arms.

Now that's a visual.

sureshs
04-29-2008, 12:39 PM
This is a subject that often perplexes me. As much as I'd hate to side with Richard Williams, he was correct in observing that he has been able to create two more grand slam champions within his own family then the entire British Empire has been able to create in the better part of a century. What is with British tennis?

Did he create them, or were they just born talented?

Great players cannot be created by governments at will.

Motherwasp
04-29-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't think he meant anything by it.....he was merely saying that some of the youngsters lack the desire to make it. Both Henman and Murray have said exactly the same thing in the past.

I think in 5-10 years we'll be in better stead...it takes a while for changes made at 'grass roots' to filter through.

spikyblackhair
04-29-2008, 01:41 PM
That settles it; Compton > British Empire

Bengt
04-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Did he create them, or were they just born talented?

Great players cannot be created by governments at will.

The Soviet Union had a pretty good Olympic run - both the Summer and Winter games - and fared very well in other international competitions. If the US had not dropped its policy of racial segregation, the difference would have been even greater. With that being said, who knows how the Williams would have turned out if they didn't have a father to put a tennis racquet in their hand and make them use it. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been nearly as good (assuming they would have played at all).

helloworld
04-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey, i don't like Djokovic too, but this is some random **** you have here.

akv89
04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Well, it may be true, but didn't Djokovic also say the truth about the state of British tennis? He also said some nice things as well there. Federer didn't when he was talking about Murray.

That is untrue. Federer did say that he felt that Murray was among the most talented in the new generation of players, even more so than Djokovic. I also thought that he was telling the truth about Murray's game not changing so much. Just to make things clear, I don't believe that Djokovic was arrogant in saying what he said.

BreakPoint
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
When was the last time you heard of someone with mono playing on without missing one tournament and also winning 5 set matches?! Oh right, never. Wait a minute ... the super human Federer!
Because Federer is not a quitter like Djokovic is. You'd have to shoot him before he quits.

Who's ever heard of a pro puking all over the court and can barely raise his arms winning a 5 set match? Oh, yeah, Sampras did just that!

Who's ever heard of a pro winning all of his round robin matches with a sprained ankle and then almost coming back from 1-5 down in the 5th set of the final to almost win the tournament? Oh, yeah, Federer did just that at the '05 Master's Cup in Shanghai.

Who's ever heard of a pro quitting with a sore throat? Oh, yeah, Djokovic did just that last week!

BTW, Federer didn't play any matches at all for the entire month of February while he was recovering from his mono.

xargon
04-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Bluedrop:

"young British tennis players of lacking the hunger needed to succeed."

Brits themselves must think the state of their tennis is bad since they wanted to "buy" Novak a couple of years ago.:)

"He said it was a "sore throat." When was the last time you heard of someone quitting for a sore throat? Oh right, never."

Tommy Hass retired in Indian Wells and Federer got a walk over..… he was very good the day before - and next day - Tommy had sinus trouble.

Motherwasp
04-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Bluedrop:

Brits themselves must think the state of their tennis is bad since they wanted to "buy" Novak a couple of years ago.:)

I'm not sure if the LTA can account as all Brits.

coloskier
04-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Richard Gasquet. 2007 US Open.

Yeah, two peas in a pod.

coloskier
04-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Bluedrop:

"young British tennis players of lacking the hunger needed to succeed."

"He said it was a "sore throat." When was the last time you heard of someone quitting for a sore throat? Oh right, never."

Tommy Hass retired in Indian Wells and Federer got a walk over..… he was very good the day before - and next day - Tommy had sinus trouble.

A walkover is one thing, quitting in the middle of the match with probably only 3 or 4 games to go is another.

helloworld
04-29-2008, 03:39 PM

A walkover is acceptable. If you aren't ready to play, then don't come to play. You don't come to the match and run away all of a sudden with a sore throat. :mad:

danb
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM

Correct. The difference is Fed does finish the match.

emerckx53
04-29-2008, 03:59 PM

I think the results of the Brits over the last decade pretty much backs that up-

superman1
04-29-2008, 04:03 PM
When does Federer give excuses? Usually after a loss he says it's a pity, etc etc, but he rarely gives excuses even though we can plainly see that he was way off his game.

Djokovic looked fine. He was just getting beat down, and he was embarrassed by it because he's deluded enough to think that he should be beating Federer every time. He knew mommy would have to eat her words about him being better than Federer, so he just exaggerated a mild condition.

Feña14
04-29-2008, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't say it's that we are particularly "spoiled".

It's just that tennis is a sport that we don't really care all that much about when we are young. I've always loved tennis but if you gave me the choice of playing tennis or football.. football would win every time.

You have kids who play Cricket in the summer and then Football and Rugby in the winter.. What other Country has the same kind of thing? Australia!.. And look how they're struggling these days.

The youngsters we have coming through in sports are all very good (Ashley Young, Agbonlahor, Stuart Broad, Cipriani etc...) They are all very talented and very driven so I wouldn't say it's about British kids being "spoilt", it's just very difficult for a sport like tennis to churn out fantastic players all the time when there are so many other sports to compete with.

When the top athletes are focusing on football or rugby or cricket, a "2 week sport in the middle of summer" (which is what alot of Brits view tennis as) is clearly going to suffer.

Rafael_Nadal_6257
04-29-2008, 04:34 PM
I like Nadal more than Federer as my username indicates, but Federer makes few, if any, excuses. He is always straight-forward and honest in press conferences.

Djokovic does often make excuses, but in relation to this article, I don't see anything wrong with what he is saying...certainly nothing that can be classified as 'arrogance.'

slice bh compliment
04-29-2008, 04:41 PM
From the standpoint that he is an ELITE player and has come through with great talent and a lot of hard work, I respect his advice to the next generation and the LTA.Bit of a hypocrite, but irony like that is clearly lost on him and his family.THis whole outspoken, overconfident schtick is great, but only if you can back it up like McEnroe, Pat Cash and Serena once in a while.Nole, you've got a long way to go, kid.
The good news is, you're young and the fans are very forgiving. See: Agassi, Andre [USA].

spikyblackhair
04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Tennis is a pretty unpopular sport in America, as well. Probably 90% of male athletes growing up play baseball, basketball, or American football. The other 10% who specialize in less popular sports are spread thin between tennis, hockey, soccer, track/cross country, lacrosse, etc.

The balls in your court.
04-29-2008, 05:48 PM

At least he FINISHES his matches.

Not really better. fed waits to see if he wins...and if he loses he always comes up with a lame excuse for losing. The Joker is a tad more believable as at least he doesnt finish. Bottom line...both are in bad taste.

dr325i
04-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Because Federer is not a quitter like Djokovic is. You'd have to shoot him before he quits.

Who's ever heard of a pro puking all over the court and can barely raise his arms winning a 5 set match? Oh, yeah, Sampras did just that!

Who's ever heard of a pro winning all of his round robin matches with a sprained ankle and then almost coming back from 1-5 down in the 5th set of the final to almost win the tournament? Oh, yeah, Federer did just that at the '05 Master's Cup in Shanghai.

Who's ever heard of a pro quitting with a sore throat? Oh, yeah, Djokovic did just that last week!

BTW, Federer didn't play any matches at all for the entire month of February while he was recovering from his mono.

Oh, give it a f'n break...
Fed is a great player, but the greatest whiner when he loses and even coming up with the mono thing just proves it. Do you really believe that someone with mono can play a pro match...

Also, whoever has heard of a tennis player that had to train in the country that fell apart under the worst conditions...while Fed was practicing his shots on the roof of a 7-star hotel... I think Novak (and Ana and Jelena and Ivo, Mario...) have had a fair share of things much worse than throwing up then playing the match that will stick with them for much longer time...

Yes, what Novak did may not sound like the best way to end already lost match, but only he knows the real reasons behind it...

flyer
04-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Why are you guys mad Andy Murray's mom said the basically the same thing.

tennis_hand
04-29-2008, 07:35 PM
sore throat? he was playing very well before the retirement.
he just broke Fed and was just broken back.

(FEDERER)vs(NADAL)
04-29-2008, 07:41 PM

what a hypocrite, i really can't believe this guy.

Fries-N-Gravy
04-29-2008, 08:57 PM
i sometimes get anxiety induced shallowness of breath. i really do think thats what he gets and he cannot control it. its almost like having an asthma attack.

Chopin
04-29-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm no fan of his some family's comments/his annoying injury time-outs/his "sore-throat" retirement against Federer but he makes some legitimate points about the dismal state of British tennis. I would say that some of you are over-reacting.

Chopin
04-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Fed is a great player, but the greatest whiner when he loses and even coming up with the mono thing just proves it. Do you really believe that someone with mono can play a pro match...

Also, whoever has heard of a tennis player that had to train in the country that fell apart under the worst conditions...while Fed was practicing his shots on the roof of a 7-star hotel... I think Novak (and Ana and Jelena and Ivo, Mario...) have had a fair share of things much worse than throwing up then playing the match that will stick with them for much longer time...

Yes, what Novak did may not sound like the best way to end already lost match, but only he knows the real reasons behind it...

You don't believe he had mono? Did he look like his normal self on the court until a couple of tournaments ago? Give me a break.

BreakPoint
04-29-2008, 09:21 PM

Do you believe someone can win 12 Grand Slams in 4 years and make it to like 25+ straight finals?

If it's so unbeliveable, why would he make up that he had mono? :confused: He might as well say that he lost to Djokovic at the AO because he had a massive heart attack at the end of the 1st set. :roll:

Noveson
04-29-2008, 09:24 PM

That aint **** haha. Just kidding, felt like saying that, but anyway, how about when MJ had the flu, was given Gatorlode instead of Gatorade, and still went out and dropped, what like 37 points?

Leublu tennis
04-30-2008, 01:34 AM

Thank you for this clip. You really should listen to it again. What he says about the Brits is that kids grow up being spoiled. They have everything, so they are not hungry for achievement. Thats probably true, it certainly is true about the US kids. But the whole interview was a very interesting reasoned analysis of his career, nice words about Federer and Murray, and professional tennis as such. A great interview. Look at it again, please.

dr325i
04-30-2008, 05:54 AM
Do you believe someone can win 12 Grand Slams in 4 years and make it to like 25+ straight finals?

If it's so unbeliveable, why would he make up that he had mono? :confused: He might as well say that he lost to Djokovic at the AO because he had a massive heart attack at the end of the 1st set. :roll:

Do you even know what mono is? DO you know what are the possible consequences of playing infected by it a the pro level?
Don't write such a childish replies without knowing the background on the issue.
People react to different things in a different way. Djoko may be bothered by a little caugh because his lungs as we all know are more sensitive. He also is not up there mentally where more experienced Fed is. We also know that Nadal would continue playing with his led broken in 3 pieces... We also know that Pete would beat the exhaustion and continue playing...
We also know that none of those heroes went through the hell childhood to get where they are, so that may be playing an emotional role for the rest of their lives...

What Novak said about British tennis players is exactly the same type of comment Fed said after getting his *** kicked by Murray a few weeks back. So what?

rafan
04-30-2008, 06:16 AM
I agree with Djokovic here.It's not like he exactly attacked the Brits,he simply told the truth IMO and he even said that he expects Murray to be top 5 very soon.

As a brit I'm afraid I have to agree with Djokovic here. The fact that some of our juiniors turned up for practice WITHOUT A RAQUET disgusts me. They are given this amazing opportunity to one day play for their country and really go somewhere and they simply throw the opportunity back in the faces of the very people who are backing them. Many of the good players are now coming from eastern europe - when we should be having a decent quota from the UK as well. As Macenro said - I think it was last years Wimbledon- players in the uk are just not hungry enough - maybe they are having it too easy.

zagor
04-30-2008, 06:25 AM
As a brit I'm afraid I have to agree with Djokovic here. The fact that some of our juiniors turned up for practice WITHOUT A RAQUET disgusts me. They are given this amazing opportunity to one day play for their country and really go somewhere and they simply throw the opportunity back in the faces of the very people who are backing them. Many of the good players are now coming from eastern europe - when we should be having a decent quota from the UK as well. As Macenro said - I think it was last years Wimbledon- players in the uk are just not hungry enough - maybe they are having it too easy.

I think I even remember Henman recently saying something similar to what Djokovic just said but I think it's never that simple.I don't think you can just point at one thing and say that is the reason Brits don't have more top players,I think it's always multiple factors.With all that said you did have Henman who was a very good player and now you have Andy Murray who certainly has a lot of potential so I don't think it's all that black.I think Murray has a potential to be a slam winner in the future.Reaching 8th place in the world and having a winning record against Federer are very good accomplishments by his age,he is on the right track.

slice bh compliment
04-30-2008, 06:30 AM
Yes, I remember those comments, too, but Timbo never had this kind of comedic timing.

zagor
04-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Yes, I remember those comments, too, but Timbo never had this kind of comedic timing.

Haha,yeah the timing was definitely bad with that lame move he pulled on Roger in Monte Carlo but I still agree with what he said about Brits and Murray.

raiden031
04-30-2008, 06:45 AM

One would think if Novak was used to bad conditions, he wouldn't quit because of a sore throat. Maybe that proves even more what a mentally weak competitor he really is. And its not this was a one time thing. He has been accused of faking injuries in the past when he's losing. I think we all know the real reason for retiring that match, and it is far more mental than it is physical.

rafan
04-30-2008, 06:49 AM
I think I even remember Henman recently saying something similar to what Djokovic just said but I think it's never that simple.I don't think you can just point at one thing and say that is the reason Brits don't have more top players,I think it's always multiple factors.With all that said you did have Henman who was a very good player and now you have Andy Murray who certainly has a lot of potential so I don't think it's all that black.I think Murray has a potential to be a slam winner in the future.Reaching 8th place in the world and having a winning record against Federer are very good accomplishments by his age,he is on the right track.

Yes we HAD Henman but that was yesterday - I was looking to the future of tennis as a whole - Henman was also one of the old school - he understood the discipline - regardless of the fact he never really won Wimbledon - he still carried on. But it is also very sad when we hear that our no 1, Murray, has to take directives from Djokovic regarding how he should approach a match i.e with more fighting spirit - why shouldn't he have come to this conclusion himself?

Jimmilson
04-30-2008, 06:52 AM
British sport still suffers from an issue with class. Someone mentioned the emergence of young footballers, yet few footballers with middle class backgrounds make it. Sports in the UK can almost be categorised by the social classes of their participants.

Middle class parents don't take sport seriously as a career choice for their children as the odds remain stacked against their kid making it as a pro, while business is always gonna need solicitors, people are always gonna need doctors, so there are far more well-paid jobs available through the professions.

Tennis is unashamedly middle class in the UK. To really take it seriously you need to be a member of a club, and that doesn't come cheap. There are precious few communal tennis courts in towns and cities, and finding coaching is often ridiculously difficult. To play football, you need a couple of jumpers for goalposts, a football and a few friends, the cost is so negligible that it becomes a part of growing up.

The other issue is that clubs and organisations in the UK (and it's not restricted to sport) have become obsessed with profit margins and funding. The top sports clubs, like Manchester United, now buy in established foreign stars and neglect the quality development of their home-grown youngsters, with the result in football that the clubs do well at the expense of the national team. Who can claim this is different in tennis, when the LTA naturalise Rusedski (remember he was fairly highly ranked before Henman's emergence, when the top British tennis player would have struggled to make the top 100), and discuss the option with Djokovic?

dr325i
04-30-2008, 07:07 AM
One would think if Novak was used to bad conditions, he wouldn't quit because of a sore throat. Maybe that proves even more what a mentally weak competitor he really is. And its not this was a one time thing. He has been accused of faking injuries in the past when he's losing. I think we all know the real reason for retiring that match, and it is far more mental than it is physical.

Accused by WHO??? You???
WHo gives the rat's ***** what you (and like you) accused him of?
I don't think you/we really know what the real reason is...

zagor
04-30-2008, 07:10 AM

I don't think that Novak is a mentally weak competitor,far from it.Just remember his matches against Bagdathis and Hewitt last year in Wimbledon,against Stepanek at USO,Patience at FO etc,both his tiebreak and five-set records are very good.In my opinion what happened here was that he was simply losing to a guy whom he already "dethroned" in his mind and his ego and that of his parents couldn't stomach a loss to Federer(after all the crap they said about him like "The King is dead","Novak will never lose to Federer again" etc.)so he retired in order to deny Roger the satisfaction of a legitimate win which was a very lame move in my opinion.In my opinion It has much more to do with his overinflated ego and lack of class than with his mental strentgth which is in my opinion up there with Roddick's and only behind Nadal's and Federer's.

slice bh compliment
04-30-2008, 07:15 AM
He has great mental strength. It's the emotional weakness that showed. If things are close, he shows no fear and brings his best stuff. If he has been outplayed or if he has not brought his best stuff and he's about to lose ... that's a different story emotionally. Psychosomatic attic insane...sore throat, whatever floats his boat?

gj011
04-30-2008, 07:18 AM
I don't think that Novak is a mentally weak competitor,far from it.Just remember his matches against Bagdathis and Hewitt last year in Wimbledon,against Stepanek at USO,Patience at FO etc,both his tiebreak and five-set records are very good.What happened here was that he was simply losing to a guy whom he already "dethroned" in his mind and his ego and that of his parents couldn't stomach a loss to Federer(after all the crap they said about him like "The King is dead","Novak will never lose to Federer again" etc.)so he retired in order to deny Roger the satisfaction of a legitimate win which was a very lame move in my opinion.It has much more to do with his overinflated ego and lack of class than with his mental strentgth which is in my opinion up there with Roddick's and only behind Nadal's and Federer's.

You obviously can read Novak's mind, since you know for sure why he retired.

Anyway this whole thread is bunch of BS and failed attempt from couple of fed trolls, to stir some more controversy about Novak. Fortunately most of the people see this interview as what it is.

zagor
04-30-2008, 07:24 AM
You obviously can read Novak's mind, since you know for sure why he retired.

Anyway this whole thread is bunch of BS and failed attempt from couple of fed funfoys, to stir some more controversy about Novak. Fortunately most of the people see this interview as what it is.

I never said that my opinion is a fact,that's just the way things looked to me.As for this interview Novak gave I see nothing arrogant about it as well.

gj011
04-30-2008, 07:35 AM
I never said that my opinion is a fact,that's just the way things looked to me.As for this interview Novak gave I see nothing arrogant about it as well.

Than you should have said:

What I think happened here was that he was simply...

zagor
04-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Okay,you're right I'll edit my post.

Djokovicfan4life
04-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Read the whole interview, not just the bad like I suspect you did:

(Djokovic, however, insists Murray - a close friend and rival of his from their junior days - can never be described as spoiled.

And he also expects the Scot, who was developed outside of the British system, to join him in the top five sooner, rather than later.

"He has enough quality, enough talent, and enough potential to be a top-five player, and everybody expects him to do that," Djokovic explained.

"But obviously he has so much pressure on him because Great Britain needs a champion, badly, and a Wimbledon champion especially, so they expect him to do that in the next couple of years, and obviously that creates some pressure.

"But, throughout his entire career, he's been mentally a very strong player, so I can expect that he's going to come fast to the top five.")

raiden031
04-30-2008, 07:59 AM
He has great mental strength. It's the emotional weakness that showed. If things are close, he shows no fear and brings his best stuff. If he has been outplayed or if he has not brought his best stuff and he's about to lose ... that's a different story emotionally. Psychosomatic attic insane...sore throat, whatever floats his boat?

If he can't emotionally handle the loss then he is mentally weak.

Djokovicfan4life
04-30-2008, 08:31 AM

They can be two completely different things and I suspect that you know that.

There's a HUGE difference between mental strength like, say, serving an ace down 30-40 and emotional stress from personal issues.

I think it was the breathing that got to him, myself, but it's impossible to know for sure unless your name is Novak Djokovic.

ksbh
04-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Against Mardy Fish in the Indian Wells final, Djokovic served 3 consecutive aces when down 0-40 on serve. I haven't seen any mentally weak player do that. I haven't seen any of them win grand slams either!

slice bh compliment
04-30-2008, 09:13 AM

Well yeah obviously mental and emotional components are inexorably linked. I'm just saying there are fine lines within. He's good at dealing with some kinds of pressure and making shots, and bad at dealing with others (like losing)......and he's still very young. I hope he grows out of this. And I hope his widdle thwoat feews bettew.

raiden031
04-30-2008, 09:30 AM
They can be two completely different things and I suspect that you know that.

There's a HUGE difference between mental strength like, say, serving an ace down 30-40 and emotional stress from personal issues.

I think it was the breathing that got to him, myself, but it's impossible to know for sure unless your name is Novak Djokovic.

Against Mardy Fish in the Indian Wells final, Djokovic served 3 consecutive aces when down 0-40 on serve. I haven't seen any mentally weak player do that. I haven't seen any of them win grand slams either!

I can't distinguish his emotional issues from mental strength because its all part of the mental part of his game. If he didn't quit there is a chance he could've come back and won. Instead he gave up and that is a sign of weakness. Call it what you want.

tangerine
04-30-2008, 09:44 AM
I think Richard Gasquet retired from a match with a sore throat sometime last year (sorry, can't remember what tournament).

The baby balls (Murray, Gasquet, Djokovic) are turning out to be a bunch of wussies, eh? :rolleyes:

Hey, i don't like Djokovic too, but this is some random **** you have here.
It's not random, Djokovic sat down for an interview with the BBC recently and they asked him about Murray and British tennis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tv_and_radio/inside_sport/7374188.stm

BreakPoint
04-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Do you even know what mono is? DO you know what are the possible consequences of playing infected by it a the pro level?
Fed said after getting his *** kicked by Murray a few weeks back. So what?
That's EXACTLY why Federer wouldn't make up the fact that he had mono. It would be akin to him saying that he had a heart attack. No one would believe him unless it was true.

He played the AO because he didn't know he had mono. The doctors in Australian mis-diagnosed it as food poisoning. Had Federer or his doctors known he had mono, he wouldn't have played at all. The fact that he did play and still got to the semis is a testament to what an incredible athlete and physical specimen he is.

SempreSami
04-30-2008, 12:03 PM
TC in only reading headline shocka.

el sergento
04-30-2008, 12:13 PM

Starting fires are we?? Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day, thanks!

ksbh
04-30-2008, 12:40 PM
No, it means that either-

1. He is super human, or
2. He didn't have mono

Now obviously, he's no super human. So therefore, there can be no other conclusion ... he didn't have mono. It can be embarassing to get spanked by the same player, a certain Spaniard, time and time again. So at this point, I don't mind him using that as an excuse though!

Some players complain of a sore throat and withdraw in the middle of a match and some players just attribute their loss to mono! :)

That's EXACTLY why Federer wouldn't make up the fact that he had mono. It would be akin to him saying that he had a heart attack. No one would believe him unless it was true.

He played the AO because he didn't know he had mono. The doctors in Australian mis-diagnosed it as food poisoning. Had Federer or his doctors known he had mono, he wouldn't have played at all. The fact that he did play and still got to the semis is a testament to what an incredible athlete and physical specimen he is.

slice bh compliment
04-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Starting fires are we?? Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day, thanks!

''...You're the victim!''
hahaha;-)

el sergento
04-30-2008, 12:47 PM
''...You're the victim!''
hahaha;-)

[shaking fists] Damn you!!!! ;-)

BreakPoint
04-30-2008, 12:47 PM
No, it means that either-

1. He is super human, or
2. He didn't have mono

Now obviously, he's no super human. So therefore, there can be no other conclusion ... he didn't have mono. It can be embarassing to get spanked by the same player, a certain Spaniard, time and time again. So at this point, I don't mind him using that as an excuse though!

Some players complain of a sore throat and withdraw in the middle of a match and some players just attribute their loss to mono! :)
Winning 12 Grand Slams in 4 years, winning 24 straight finals in a row, and losing an average of only 5 matches per year? If that's not "super human", I don't know what is!

MariaS
04-30-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm surprised he didn't go crying to his mama...:evil:

need2bfit
04-30-2008, 01:03 PM
We've all made mistakes in our lives. I think that it was a mistake to retire from this match or other matches where it seemed like it was more emotional distress than anything else. However, since he's famous, he's under the microscope at all times. I'll bet most of us have had moments in our lives that are far worse than quitting a tennis match or dramatic injury time-outs. The only difference is that they're not videotaped...usually! He's 20, a millionaire, famous, and very, very good at what he does for a living. If I were him, I might have a distorted perspective under these conditions too. Granted that's not an excuse to act badly but it'd be an oversimplification to say that anyone is 100% quitter, jerk, egomaniac, etc. I wouldn't want to be discribed as a quitter although I've probably given up when I shouldn't have. I wouldn't want to be discribed as a jerk even though I've occasionally said things that make me sound arrogant and insensitive. I wouldn't want to be discribed as an egomaniac even though I've probably been a little too proud of my accomplishments at times.

doctor dennis
04-30-2008, 01:47 PM
I saw the interview on the beeb and i agree with Djokovic. He isn`t the first to say it. I even heard John Lloyd say it to some degree in an interview a few years back. When the Russians started spouting top players from all angles he commented that "we (British) aren`t hungry enough like other countries and simply hand out grants to players for fun which makes some of our top juniors lazy." Whereas in the likes of Serbia and Russia for example, the top junior players generally have to leave their home to go to a completely different country to pursue a tennis career. It seems like thet have more desire.
Just my opinion.

ksbh
04-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Suffering from mono in reality and winning matches is super human! LOL!

Winning 12 Grand Slams in 4 years, winning 24 straight finals in a row, and losing an average of only 5 matches per year? If that's not "super human", I don't know what is!

Stchamps
04-30-2008, 05:34 PM
http://www.insidetennis.com/0508_federer.html

Roger Federer thinks Novak is mentally strong, so if you won't believe him then who will you believe?

fer
04-30-2008, 05:43 PM

He won 12 slams in 5 years.

Djokovicfan4life
04-30-2008, 05:54 PM
http://www.insidetennis.com/0508_federer.html

Roger Federer thinks Novak is mentally strong, so if you won't believe him then who will you believe?

Haha, just saw that a few hours ago; and this coming from someone who supposedly hates Djokovic. It's just tennis guys, we don't always have to have a little soup opera going on behind the scenes.

The balls in your court.
04-30-2008, 07:46 PM
You don't believe he had mono? Did he look like his normal self on the court until a couple of tournaments ago? Give me a break.

Yes he did. He just got beat. And prior to the mono it was blisters, wind, noise, not playing well , bla bla bla..... But at least fed did finish .

BreakPoint
04-30-2008, 10:10 PM
He won 12 slams in 5 years.
July 2003 to September 2007 is 4 years and 2 months. That's a lot closer to 4 years than it is to 5 years.

BreakPoint
04-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes he did. He just got beat. And prior to the mono it was blisters, wind, noise, not playing well , bla bla bla..... But at least fed did finish .
At least Federer doesn't use a bad haircut as an excuse like Djokovic does. :shock:

BTW, when you hardly ever lose, the media pressures you for a reason for why you lost. "Not playing well" is a legitimate reason because everyone knows that when he plays well that he's unbeatable. He has to tell the press something that they can actually believe.

Sentinel
05-01-2008, 02:58 AM
And I hope his widdle thwoat feews bettew.

HAHA!!!! rotfl ! Get weww thoon, Novak!

I think Novak's gotten off on the wrong foot with a lot of peeps. No one's giving him a chance. I saw him in the USO against Radek in that epic 5 setter. Yes, I was rooting for him. I wouldn't call him weak and a quitter. I would give him benefit of doubt, or believe him just the way I've believed in what Fed has said.

Or maybe most of us are already die-hard Fed/Nadal fans, and we can't stand a 3rd person crashing into the party ?

I don't know what the real reason is, but I have NOT seen a plausible reason for people calling Novak arrogant, or a quitter or lacking heart.

I also would rather watch Djoko playing that almost all others players (of course not as much as Federer - hehe).

zagor
05-01-2008, 03:22 AM
HAHA!!!! rotfl ! Get weww thoon, Novak!

I think Novak's gotten off on the wrong foot with a lot of peeps. No one's giving him a chance. I saw him in the USO against Radek in that epic 5 setter. Yes, I was rooting for him. I wouldn't call him weak and a quitter. I would give him benefit of doubt, or believe him just the way I've believed in what Fed has said.

Or maybe most of us are already die-hard Fed/Nadal fans, and we can't stand a 3rd person crashing into the party ?

I don't know what the real reason is, but I have NOT seen a plausible reason for people calling Novak arrogant, or a quitter or lacking heart.

I also would rather watch Djoko playing that almost all others players (of course not as much as Federer - hehe).

I wouldn't call him mentally weak or lacking heart either,I've seen him win far too many close matches to think that.I believe that in the mental toughness department he is only behind Nadal and Federer.What he did was IMO immature and unsportmanlike,similar to what Henin(my favourite player on WTA) did to Mauresmo in AO final but what most people seem to forget is that he is still very young and will probably mature in the future,distancing himself a little from his parents's influence wouldn't hurt either.

The balls in your court.
05-01-2008, 03:24 AM
At least Federer doesn't use a bad haircut as an excuse like Djokovic does. :shock:

BTW, when you hardly ever lose, the media pressures you for a reason for why you lost. "Not playing well" is a legitimate reason because everyone knows that when he plays well that he's unbeatable. He has to tell the press something that they can actually believe.

That's because girly boy Fed pays $800 dollars for his pretty little haircut ( and that's a fact).

And "not playing well" is an excuse that teenagers use after every loss. Roger is the biggest sore loser in the world. Fed has an excuse for every loss. But his loss to novak at the ao brought him to an all time excuse low. At least novak has the decency to make his excuses look real by quitting.

zagor
05-01-2008, 03:35 AM
That's because girly boy Fed pays $800 dollars for his pretty little haircut ( and that's a fact).

And "not playing well" is an excuse that teenagers use after every loss. Roger is the biggest sore loser in the world. Fed has an excuse for every loss. But his loss to novak at the ao brought him to an all time excuse low. At least novak has the decency to make his excuses look real by quitting.

Federer biggest sore loser in the world? Not even close.Yes he gave excuses sometimes after a loss(like every player did and yes that includes even Nadal) but most of the time he gave credit to his opponent for playing great tennis to beat him.For example after losing to Mardy Fish he only talked about how great Fish player and didn't use any excuse,after he lost to Roddick this year in Miami he offered no excuses as well,also after his loss to Gonzo last year at Masters Cup etc. Excuse for every loss? No,don't let your obvious dislike for Federer cloud your judgement.Also using decency and quitting in the same sentence? I don't know about you but I have bigger respect for players that fight until the end no matter what(like Sampras,Hewitt,Chang,Nadal,Federer,Courier,Connors etc.),I guess we have different standards.

Sentinel
05-01-2008, 04:21 AM

what's a fact ? "girly boy" or "$800 dollars" or even "pays".

He paid 800 ONCE for a haircut, so even "pays" is not a fact. And even if it is, does it mean everything else you said along side (girly boy) is a fact, too.

The ball will always be in your court!

The balls in your court.
05-01-2008, 05:22 AM

what's a fact ? "girly boy" or "$800 dollars" or even "pays".

He paid 800 ONCE for a haircut, so even "pays" is not a fact. And even if it is, does it mean everything else you said along side (girly boy) is a fact, too.

The ball will always be in your court!

People in glass houses should not throw stones . You talked about novaks haircut...... So I think it was fair game to talk about Feds hairccut.

You sure can dish it out pretty well but you you can't take it very well at all.

BreakPoint
05-01-2008, 01:12 PM
People in glass houses should not throw stones . You talked about novaks haircut...... So I think it was fair game to talk about Feds hairccut.

You sure can dish it out pretty well but you you can't take it very well at all.
So maybe Djokovic should also get $800 haircuts so that he can't use a bad haircut as an excuse for quitting!

A sore throat is a "real excuse" for quitting? :confused: How about a pimple on his nose? Is that also a "real excuse" for quitting? :roll:

Sentinel
05-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Agree with you, zagor. We cannot expect perfect behavior from sportspersons. A little leeway should be given, within limits of course. And I think Novak is well within limits.

Ball in court, it looks like you have registered only to post anti-Fed messages. You'll soon find yourself being on everyone's ignore list. Just giving you some friendly feedback.

Chopin
05-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Two observations:

1) Djokovic didn't say anything wrong in the interview. In fact, he made a lot of sense. His comments on the state of British tennis have nothing to do with his injury time-outs and retirements on the court so I don't see why anyone should make a big fuss.

2) Federer is universally respected by his peers, more so than almost any other champion in recent memory. He consistently gives credit to his opponents and by all accounts is a humble champion who gives back more to the game than any other recent #1. He's a guy who does wonderful charity work (like Roddick and Agassi), actually physically participating in his work and not just giving money. I'm surprised that some people can find reason to attack him as a person. I've heard a lot of cockamamy ideas on this board, but the idea that he faked being very sick with mono (when he clearly appeared gaunt and ill to any objective person) because he lost a single match rises to the top.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, these boards are full of biased posters, little kids (and people who act like them) and others who simply know very little about tennis (and seemingly have no desire to learn about it).

el sergento
05-01-2008, 10:55 PM

So you're defending Novak because he's a creative liar??? How does that qualify as decency exactly?? I'll take a bad press conference to an unjustified withdrawal any day.

Your post makes no sense:confused:

cknobman
05-02-2008, 06:34 AM
Honestly when it comes down to it I think the real reason Novak retired in his match vs. Fed was his pride.

With all the talk about Novak being the one to disrupt Nadal and Fed along with Novak's big mouth parents saying the how Feds reign as king is over and its Novaks time to reign really puts a strain on Novak.

When the first set didnt go Novak's way he realized that it would be highly possible he would not win the match and therefor possibly take a bunch of flak from the media.

So Novak decided to whip up an exuse and end the match prematurely therefore not giving the media(or Roger) the satisfaction of a pure loss.

Im sure to some small extent there is basis for his retirement but in all honesty the retirement had nothing to do with Novaks capability to finish that match.

zagor
05-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Honestly when it comes down to it I think the real reason Novak retired in his match vs. Fed was his pride.

With all the talk about Novak being the one to disrupt Nadal and Fed along with Novak's big mouth parents saying the how Feds reign as king is over and its Novaks time to reign really puts a strain on Novak.

When the first set didnt go Novak's way he realized that it would be highly possible he would not win the match and therefor possibly take a bunch of flak from the media.

So Novak decided to whip up an exuse and end the match prematurely therefore not giving the media(or Roger) the satisfaction of a pure loss.

Im sure to some small extent there is basis for his retirement but in all honesty the retirement had nothing to do with Novaks capability to finish that match.

I agree,that's how I saw it as well.I hope Novak will mature a little and won't pull stunts like this in the future.

Robbie_1988
05-02-2008, 07:52 AM

Amen to that brother. Djokovic is a sissy. You never see him quitting when he's winning but when people are in a position to crash his party he all of a sudden gets sick. He should take a page out of Youhzny's book. The guy split his own head open with blood gushing out and still finished a match. And to Balls in Your Court, how bout you slap yourself, wake up and smell the coffee? Wanna know what decency is? Well you can find out what decency is NOT. Go look in the mirror. What you see is NOT decency.

vincent_tennis
05-02-2008, 09:41 AM

To back Bp up :]

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/roger-federer-if-the-doctors-had-found-out-they-would-have-told-me-not-to-play-819603.html
""The first time I got sick [before Christmas] I didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary," Federer said. "The second time [before the Australian Open] I thought it was food poisoning. The third time I thought something was wrong. That was when the doctors told me I had mononucleosis, but they said that by then it was almost over.

"By the time they'd done one more test they said it was over already, so it was never really a case of me saying: 'Oh my God, I've got mononucleosis'. It didn't really scare me. It wasn't as though I was in bed 24 hours a day for six weeks. I could play. That was what was so amazing. I was able to get up and play a five-setter against Tipsarevic at a time when apparently my mononucleosis was at its strongest. "

Djokovicfan4life
05-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Go fu*k yourselves and Brits.

I'm sure childish flaming will help out a lot here. :roll:

dr325i
05-02-2008, 10:18 AM
To back Bp up :]

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/roger-federer-if-the-doctors-had-found-out-they-would-have-told-me-not-to-play-819603.html
""The first time I got sick [before Christmas] I didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary," Federer said. "The second time [before the Australian Open] I thought it was food poisoning. The third time I thought something was wrong. That was when the doctors told me I had mononucleosis, but they said that by then it was almost over.

"By the time they'd done one more test they said it was over already, so it was never really a case of me saying: 'Oh my God, I've got mononucleosis'. It didn't really scare me. It wasn't as though I was in bed 24 hours a day for six weeks. I could play. That was what was so amazing. I was able to get up and play a five-setter against Tipsarevic at a time when apparently my mononucleosis was at its strongest. "

So, he never had it... Thanks,

He's done

dr325i
05-02-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm sure childish flaming will help out a lot here. :roll:

Yep, those comments should be ignored...

cknobman
05-02-2008, 02:20 PM

He's done

Um, do you have trouble reading?

BreakPoint
05-02-2008, 03:06 PM
And what about match with Dabydenko in Davis cup.He was leading 2:1 in sets when he quited.Thin about that mother****e*s.You are sissy as*hole.
Djokovic didn't quit after winning the 2nd set, did he? No, he quit right after he LOST the 3rd set! Why? Momentum had shifted and he felt he was now likely to LOSE the match. So, yes, he quit because he could not face a loss. He could care less about saving the tie for his country!

BreakPoint
05-02-2008, 03:08 PM

He's done
Huh? He just said he had mono when he played Tipsarevic. Can you read English? :confused:

zagor
05-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Amen to that brother. Djokovic is a sissy. You never see him quitting when he's winning but when people are in a position to crash his party he all of a sudden gets sick. He should take a page out of Youhzny's book. The guy split his own head open with blood gushing out and still finished a match. And to Balls in Your Court, how bout you slap yourself, wake up and smell the coffee? Wanna know what decency is? Well you can find out what decency is NOT. Go look in the mirror. What you see is NOT decency.

Okay,enough is enough.I think what Novak did was clasless and unsportmanlike but calling a slam champion a sissy!? He won quite a few 5-set thrillers last year(against Bagdathis,Patience and Stepanek) and has an amazing tiebreak record,this is the guy that served 4 aces in a row against Fish in Indian Wells when he faced BPs.He has some growing up to do but he's no sissy.

zagor
05-02-2008, 05:30 PM

He's done

Are you a doctor? Because you seem so sure that Roger lied.People react differently to mono and Federer had a milder version.

Sentinel
05-02-2008, 11:19 PM

Bluedrop, this is frankly highly misinterpreted. Anyone who sees the interview can make out that:
a) he did NOT "accuse" or "attack" - these are someone else's exaggerated and dishonest interpretation

b) Novak very clearly discusses how conditions in the UK are perfect, and when conditions are very good then one begins to take it easy (my words, I do not recall exact words now). In Serbia, they had to struggle for facilities and when that happens your hunger and passion is more.

Now that's a pretty common experience with a lot us. If you struggle to get something you value it more. So there is no accusation here, no attack, just an opinion based on human nature.

Sorry to be blunt, but I think you are being very sensationalist in starting this thread based on a big misinterpretation of facts.

As I saw it, Novak came across well in the interview showing respect for others. There was nothing negative in it.

KRFLegal
05-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Djokovic needs to get away from Serbia and his parents --- there is toooo much pressure on this kid. I think he quits because he prefers not let his parents and country see him try hard but lose in important matches. (There were probably TV sets broken in Serbia after the US Open loss to Federer !!!)

Check out the study linked somewhere at the tennis dot com site (from one of Bodo's columns I think) about his quitting ways -- there does seem to be something unprofessional about it.

What he said about the Brits could be said about the Americans (or even the French). Not really news in substance...but the source of the comment makes it news !!!

KRFLegal
05-02-2008, 11:59 PM
sorry for the second-in-a-row-post but I just wanted to provide the link to the study about quitting (not sure if it was already analyzed elsewhere on this forum):

http://tennis.com/features/general/features.aspx?id=127724

Interesting tidbit to substantiate everyone's negative opinions of Djokovic :) Actually all this is helpful as it may convince him to resolve this issue quickly so he doesn't get a worse reputation.

A gasping Djokovic called numerous injury timeouts during the match, including one during the late stages that delayed Monfils’ service game. Monfils later admitted he had gone cold during the break.
That match also established another damaging perception that clings to the Serb – a habit of calling the trainer during tough contests. “I think he’s a joke, you know, when it comes down to his injuries. The rules are there to be used, not abused,” said Federer after a Davis Cup match in 2006.

Along with James Blake, Federer is the only member of the top ten never to have retired during a match.

Robbie_1988
05-03-2008, 01:04 AM
And what about match with Dabydenko in Davis cup.He was leading 2:1 in sets when he quited.Thin about that mother****e*s.You are sissy as*hole.

Oooh Nole_Destroyer is pulling out the f bombs here and there. I'm scared of you. Where's my mommy? Good to know that I can get a rise out of people like you. Now go and lick Novak's boots will ya? KKTHXBYE

Robbie_1988
05-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Oh yeah and Nole_Destroyer, once you're done doing that, you can go worship Djokovic some more. Pray to him. Recite the following lines 50 times:
"Fight Till the END
Spirit of a Winner
Irresistible Charm
Showman"

Taken from Your Man's site (http://www.novak-djokovic.com/)

vndesu
05-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Oh yeah and Nole_Destroyer, once you're done doing that, you can go worship Djokovic some more. Pray to him. Recite the following lines 50 times:
"Fight Till the END
Spirit of a Winner
Irresistible Charm
Showman"

Taken from Your Man's site (http://www.novak-djokovic.com/)

lol. ouch thats a slap to the face xD

Sentinel
05-03-2008, 01:57 AM
Djokovic needs to get away from Serbia and his parents --- there is toooo much pressure on this kid. I think he quits because he prefers not let his parents and country see him try hard but lose in important matches. (There were probably TV sets broken in Serbia after the US Open loss to Federer !!!)

Don't you think this opinion is a bit severe (getting away/distancing himself from his parents, which a lot of balanced posters are saying).

I mean, consider how much support they gave him from childhood in pursuing tennis. And no matter how their (lack of) ettiquete may be, the fact remains that they continue to emotionally support him (possibly) more than any other parents (presence in matches and rooting).
How can you distance yourself from parents who are so much in your support? However, I can understand that sooner or later he or his PR folk have to give them a polite hint about on-court behavior.

The latter part of your sentence -- about quitting due to not wanting to let down his family and country -- does present a new perspective that others have not mentioned, or I've not heard before. However, one could argue that by quitting, too, they would feel let down. I can scarcely imagine the average Serbian/Serb being satisfied with his reason for dropping out.

The balls in your court.
05-03-2008, 03:03 AM
So maybe Djokovic should also get $800 haircuts so that he can't use a bad haircut as an excuse for quitting!

A sore throat is a "real excuse" for quitting? :confused: How about a pimple on his nose? Is that also a "real excuse" for quitting? :roll:

Well its about as good as feds excuses of shadows or blisters. Hell even nadal had a Bananna stuck in his throat. And please lets not forget henin quiting in the freaking finals of the AO!!

Robbie_1988
05-03-2008, 07:15 AM
That Henin stuff is OLD news. People like fresh topics to argue about alright?

Thanks for your wasted effort of pointing that out. We'll remember those Henin threads and dig em back up when someone actually feels like bringing back threads over a year old.