PDA

View Full Version : New Racquet

GregN
01-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Hi, I am after a new racquet, have previously used a Prestige Classic 600, Then Radical Tour Mid Plus, - my game consists of heavy topspin off both forehand and backhand . I recently tried a friends Ti S5 and was very impressed with the extra power and easier volleying . As I am not getting any younger , I can see benefits in switching to one of these style of racquets, ie for some of those balls you just get to - are easier to play with this style of racquet. My problem is that with the TI S5 or similar , I continually frame the ball as I hit up across the back of it with my topspin shots- So I am thinking I might try an oversize frame 107? that is about 22mm in the beam, the oversize radical is a possibility but I was thinking of something with a more open string bed- Any feedback on the OS radical or any other thoughts, Cheers Greg

Serve-And-Volley
01-11-2005, 05:44 AM
I played for a brief moment with the Head Liquidmetal Radical OS and was very impressed since I use mostly a midsize or midplus player's frame. I could generate plenty of topspin on my groundstrokes. I also think that the Prince POG or the Prince NXG Graphite OS versions are two other good racquets that have the 107 headsize but still have enough of players frame in them. I am not sure if they play similar to the TI S5, since I have never actually played with that racquet but I think those 3 racquets should be good racquets for you. Hope I helped.