PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop, Head or Yonex

mela
01-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Which is the raquet more arm friendly between Dunlop 300g, Head Liquidmetal Radical MP, Head i.Radical MP, Yonex rdx300? I have flat strokes and I am 4.0.
Thanks

Serve-And-Volley
01-11-2005, 12:24 PM
I would think that the lightweight and swingweight of the Dunlop 300 G would best suit you and be more arm friendly than the others.

Steve H.
01-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Stock, the LM Radical would play with the least shock of those because of its higher mass and swingweight.

bertrevert
01-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't think of the 300g being arm-friendly - it's a stripped down no-nonsense racquet I've used for a year. It'll shock you if it wants to. Agree with Steve H. that the LM Rad MP would be your best bet (heard the i.Rad is stiff, cannot comment on Yonex).

counterpuncher
01-11-2005, 01:22 PM
I have played with all four for at least a few sets at one time or another and I would rate them in terms of arm friendliness (less shock transmitted on off centre hits as follows) :

1. LM radical (LM does seem to increase sweet spot)
2. RDX 300 (thick head, very dampened feel)
3. i-Radical (nice feel, but 18*20 pattern in light frame)
4. 300G (a little lead tape at 3 & 9 improved the shock a lot)

iloveradical
01-12-2005, 11:49 AM
I have played with all those racquets except RDX 300. Instead, I have tried RDX 500 mp. My preference is LM Rad. > RDX 500 = 300G (with lead taping) > I Rad. in all aspects of playability. Concering solely elbow friendliness, however, I rate 300G > RDX 500 > LM Rad > I Rad.

When judging elbow friendliness, don't rely on forehand strokes in which you swing inward from outside. Serves and backhand strokes (if you're 1HBH) give much more shock on your arm, because you swing outward stretching out your arm. Heavy racquets sacrifice your elbow with those stretch-out swings, whilst they jibe well with forehands. One of the simplistic myth is the ungrounded belief that heavy racquets are always better for tennis elbow.