PDA

View Full Version : Djokovic's style of play

Nole_Destroyer
05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Do ypu think that Djokvic's style of play is entertaining.I am asking about this because someone on some forum said that Djokvovic's game is nothing special and no entertaining.

drakulie
05-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I find his game, and his antics entertaining. tennis needs more guys like this.

A.Davidson
05-02-2008, 02:45 PM
YES! The Djoker is an entertainer in the best sense of the word, and tennis was lacking one before he showed up.

Also, the way he plays is a testament to all that is good in tennis.

stormholloway
05-02-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm not really into his game.

Tim W
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Neither. qrfreg

Nadal_Freak
05-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Only if he beats Federer do I find his game entertaining. :D

feetofclay
05-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Not at all.

Salsa_Lover
05-03-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't find his game beautiful or exciting to watch.

Plenty of energy and effective, yes, when he has a worthy oponent he can deliver great matches.

But anyway not the kind I like to see.

I dislike the ball bouncing, the adversary-cooling antics, the human-ball-machine like style of play.

baek57
05-03-2008, 12:51 AM
i find it quite annoying the way he bounces his balls...

Phil
05-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Do ypu think that Djokvic's style of play is entertaining.I am asking about this because someone on some forum said that Djokvovic's game is nothing special and no entertaining.
I agree. To me he's just another in a long line of hard hitting, boring baseliners. But he's the flavor of the moment, so people will convince themselves that his game is something BEYOND what anyone else has ever played. Not.

Nole_Destroyer
05-03-2008, 01:03 AM
I don't find his game beautiful or exciting to watch.

Plenty of energy and effective, yes, when he has a worthy oponnent he can deliver great matches.

But anyway not the kind I like to see.

I dislike the ball bouncing, the adversary-cooling antics, the human-ball-machine like style of play.

I'll tel you something and others like you,
you don't know anything about tennis otherwise you wouldn't wrote this.

Sentinel
05-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Not as entertaining as Federer /Tsonga/Davydenko and Gonzo/Nalbo when they are on. But more than Nadal and the most other baseline bashers.

Incidentally, he has reduced his ball-bouncing, so lets put that to rest. I voted Yes - quite entertaining.

Nole_Destroyer
05-03-2008, 01:06 AM
I agree. To me he's just another in a long line of hard hitting, boring baseliners. But he's the flavor of the moment, so people will convince themselves that his game is something BEYOND what anyone else has ever played. Not.

if his game is boring what was Agassi game,and if his game is boring I don't find anyone on tour not to be boring.

Nole_Destroyer
05-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Not as entertaining as Federer /Tsonga/Davydenko and Gonzo/Nalbo when they are on. But more than Nadal and the most other baseline bashers.

Incidentally, he has reduced his ball-bouncing, so lets put that to rest. I voted Yes - quite entertaining.

Tsonga,Davydenko and Gonzo you must kidding me.
This is the funniest thing I ever heard.

Sentinel
05-03-2008, 01:09 AM
I'll tel you something and others like you,
you don't know anything about tennis otherwise you wouldn't wrote this.

if his game is boring what was Agassi game,and if his game is boring I don't find anyone on tour not to be boring.

Dear Nole Destroyer,
You asked a question on the forum and gave people a choice of Yes and No. Now whoever says No, you are getting after them and saying they don't know tennis, or challenging them.

Please start a thread or poll, only if you want people's opinions. And then accept their opinions graciously.

Cheers.

Edit:
This is the funniest thing I ever heard.
I am happy to have said the funniest thing you ever heard. You owe me one now.

Phil
05-03-2008, 01:14 AM
The later Agassi's game was somewhat boring to watch, but even then, not as boring as Joker's. Like Sentinal said, you asked the question...if you don't want to hear a variety of opinions and feel that only YOUR opinion is the "correct" one (as if there could be a correct opinion on the subject), you shouldn't have asked the question. Shut your pie hole next time around...

Nole_Destroyer
05-03-2008, 01:26 AM
The later Agassi's game was somewhat boring to watch, but even then, not as boring as Joker's. Like Sentinal said, you asked the question...if you don't want to hear a variety of opinions and feel that only YOUR opinion is the "correct" one (as if there could be a correct opinion on the subject), you shouldn't have asked the question. Shut your pie hole next time around...

How are you.You can go to sleep now, my son.

Phil
05-03-2008, 01:29 AM
How are you.You can go to sleep now, my son.
Are you trying to say "How OLD are you"? Geez...another pathetic fan boy...

Nole_Destroyer
05-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Are you trying to say "How OLD are you"? Geez...another pathetic fan boy...

O you are angry, I like that,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

crawl4
05-03-2008, 01:59 AM
he isnt unique like federer when he plays but he is still entertaining to watch, his shots are hard and deep and can hit winners off most balls. I think he may struggle later on with his variety later on..whoever on this thread said he was just a flavor right now does not no what they are talking about..Nadals style is much more boring i think

Roland
05-03-2008, 02:38 AM

He isn't a revolutionary player like Agassi, and doesn't come close to the raw shot making ability of Agassi or the refined game style which only Agassi could really play . Djok has a better serve than Agassi, and is a much faster and better at defense. In all other aspects,
Djoker is really only comparable to a in how well he changes direction of the ball.

There is no comparision.

I also think Djoker is great and entertaining in his playing though I'm not as taken with his "chrismatic personality." He's a walking sterotype.
Is he really that much different than your average frat guy who's completely full of himself? Only in the the fact that he's good at tennis. I think the "personality" people talk about is a combination of media sugestion on impressionable people and blind infatuation by girls and gay fellas.

Just my two cents and I realize I'm in the minority.

Sentinel
05-03-2008, 03:42 AM
Dear Sentinel I must act like that because it's only way with this bunch of losers like you are.
haha, I actually votes Yes for him and said I find him quite entertaining and you are after me, too. What exactly did you want us to say anyway ? :confused:

Do you realize what your user name means ?

zagor
05-03-2008, 03:54 AM
Why do you ask people for their opinion if you won't accept anything other then a "yes" answer and then label anyone who disagrees with you a "loser"? Just seem pointless to ask then in the first place in my opinion.

Grimjack
05-03-2008, 04:33 AM
I can't say it's the style of play I dream of watching when I go to see a match, but I can sure as hell appreciate it for what it is.

And it IS more evolved than "just another baseline hacker." I put him on a level, game-wise, with Nalbandian and only a few others. They employ the grinder ethic, to be sure, but they do so from a platform combining a great deal of shot variety and ability, AND clean ball striking of the sort that only comes along a couple times a decade.

In fact, Djokovic may very well be what Nalbandian could have been if he'd been blessed with a killer instinct.

PED
05-03-2008, 04:41 AM
In fact, Djokovic may very well be what Nalbandian could have been if he'd been blessed with a killer instinct.

Very nicely put. I'm not a fan of the djoker's personality and am not that wild about watching him play, but I do respect his game and as a Nadal fan, he terrifies me on the hard courts. I think he could very well be the ulitmate evolution of Nalbandian: another guy I don't really like watching but do really respect.

joeri888
05-03-2008, 06:13 AM
I do not dislike Djoko, but don't find his style particularly entertaining. But who cares, he's good anyway.

stormholloway
05-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Guys like Murray, Gasquet, Nadal, and Baghdatis all have a more aesthetically pleasing game to watch than Djokovic.

Babb
05-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Djokovic's game isn't unique enough for me. To me, he's just like everyone else.

Of course, this is purely based on 'does he entertain me?'

ufg8r
05-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Djokovic is the most entertaining professional tennis player in my mind.

Salsa_Lover
05-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Nole_Destroyer welcome to my ignore list :D

Babb
05-03-2008, 10:37 AM
^^^^
I'm amused by stupid people, so I don't use the ignore list. :D

Defcon
05-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Ugly strokes. Boring game. Disgusting sportsmanship and personality.

But yeah, entertaining. For some.

TheTruth
05-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I like Djokovic's game. It's fast-paced and unpredictable. He fights, which is more than I can say about a lot of top pros (Blake, Gasquet, Nalbandian-at times, Ferrer, amongst others). Barring physical injury he's in it to win it. Kudos to him for believing!

Vision84
05-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Dear Sentinel I must act like that because it's only way with this bunch of losers like you are.And Dear Sentinel thank you on your advice.
And dear Sentinel see you later.

You are utterly pathetic. People are allowed to dislike Djokovic's game and they gave valid reasons and in response you say they don't know anything about tennis and call them losers. It's pathetic fanboys like you that make this forum so hard to come back to sometimes. Judging by your responses I would say you are absolutely clueless about tennis and have either never picked a racket up in your life or have no clue what the difference between a crosscourt and a down the line shot are, and think that a kick serve is when you use you foot and kick the ball over the net.

And I personally am a fan of Djokovic to.

zagor
05-03-2008, 01:32 PM
I like Djokovic's game. It's fast-paced and unpredictable. He fights, which is more than I can say about a lot of top pros (Blake, Gasquet, Nalbandian-at times, Ferrer, amongst others). Barring physical injury he's in it to win it. Kudos to him for believing!

I agree with your post except the part where you say that Nalbandian and Ferrer aren't fighters.Nalbandian cameback many times in a situation were most of the players would have given up and is unbeaten at Davis Cup when he plays home(there is a lor of pressure involved when you play for your country) and Ferrer fights very hard for every point,I respect Ferrer a lot and enjoy wathing him play,he reminds of Hewitt in his prime.

feyya
05-03-2008, 01:36 PM
i find it quite annoying the way he bounces his balls...
Sorry, someone had to say this, thats what she said.

DarthMaul
05-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I find it nice to watch, but not spectacular. For example, I find Radek Stepanek's game much more entertaining than Djoker's :)

PED
05-03-2008, 01:50 PM
I Barring physical injury he's in it to win it. Kudos to him for believing!

I think the problem some have with him is whether his physical injuries are real or not. Only his doctor knows for sure:twisted:

BGB.CA
05-03-2008, 01:51 PM
I don't find Djoko entertaining just because his game seems to be the a-typical game of high level players today. Solid groundies w/not much of a weaker side good serve and doesn't really volley enbough to show much or weakness at net. Personally I'm usually entertained either by players with flashier more aristic games lie. Federer or Blake or by players who make up for their weaknesses w/spirit like Lleyton Hewitt. Djokovic is in a way too well rounded w/no major weapon except perhaps his backhand down the line but that doesn't excite me in the same way that watching Blake use his forehand to dictate does or watching Hewitt srapping from corner to corner to dig out points does. If i want to watch pros just hit solid deep groundies all day long I'd rather just watch them pracitce. The only thing in my mind that seperates Djokovic from players like P-H Mathieu or other of the more pure baseline players is Djokovic's results which probably comes down to his confidence. At first glance I think Nadal and Federer even when on the practice court look like something special I just don't get that aura from Djokovic. I do have to admit though that his match against Stepanek at the US Open last year was one of the best matches of the year.