PDA

View Full Version : Customizing the Pure Drive Plus...

bfonz7
01-11-2005, 01:41 PM
I am very pleased with the Pure Drive Plus in terms of most things, but it feels very unstable at times on off center hits. I'm mostly a baseliner by trade, but i do like to rush the net after a big serve at times. I would like to add some lead tape, but not much as to not alter the racquet specs too much. I could handle an extra half ounce easy to bump it up into the 11.5 oz range, but i don't want to add more power because it has too much already. Any one have any advice or have pleasant experiences with experimenting with this?
thanks in advance

bfonz7
01-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Anyone, any help at all? Or any racquet in general if you add weight at 3 and 9 o clock, it will help stability, but what does it do to the power level? I dont need my PD+ acting anymore like a trampoline than it already is

iloovetennis
01-11-2005, 07:58 PM
i put like 6 grams at 3 and 9 (3 on each side) and the shots were going long. felt it had more power but also more stability.

right now i have about 15 ounces in the handle and 2 grams on 3 and 9. feels great and the arm doesnt hurt anymore!

matchpoints
01-11-2005, 10:00 PM
bfonz7~
More info would help such as What level player are you? What kind of strings do you use at what tension?

Here's something you can compare to:
My friend has about 6 grams on each side at 3 and 9. He used 6 inch strips 2 layers. They're 1/4" in width. That's 12 grams. He also has about 10-12 grams at the throat. I used it last time to compare to my PD Standard and his felt so much better. It felt better in the sense that It had more feel and pocketing then mine. His also had more power. I didn't notice a loss of control at all. He uses Babolat Pro Hurricanes strung at 55lbs 2 piece. His grip size is 4 3/4.

Strings can play a big role with the power issue as can tension.

matchpoints
01-11-2005, 10:18 PM
i put like 6 grams at 3 and 9 (3 on each side) and the shots were going long. felt it had more power but also more stability.

right now i have about 15 ounces in the handle and 2 grams on 3 and 9. feels great and the arm doesnt hurt anymore!

What kind of strings/tension are you using? Btw, you must be very strong to handle 15 ounces in the handle. just kidding, i know you meant 15 grams. hey, how did you add that weight in the handle?

bfonz7
01-12-2005, 02:44 AM
3.5-4.0 depending on the type of day im having. Right now im using a hybrid of 16 gauge Hurricane in the mains and Superfine Play in the crosses, 66/64. I hit a semiwestern forehand, and 2handed backhand