PDA

View Full Version : leather grips' weight?

joness
01-11-2005, 05:04 PM
i was adding weight to the diablo mid and I have a leather grip, does anyone know the weight of a wilson leather grip. I have been tinkering with this stick. I have 5 grams of lead added to the head (starting from the bottom of the glossy triple threat inserts all the way down to the center of the crosses). I was getting some pain in my hand and a friend suggested i add a couple of grams to the handle to counter act the weight added in the head. any infor would be awesome
laters,
joness

Ronaldo
01-11-2005, 06:10 PM
22-25 grams

NoBadMojo
01-11-2005, 06:17 PM
in your case i would be careful w. the leather grip. if you have pain in your hand, changing from a synthetic (cushioned) grip to leather isnt going to help your hand. i am assuming you are currently using a synthetic grip. the leather grip is harder and transmits more feedback to your hand and beyond. if you wish to add some weight down low, just use a bit of lead tape. are you using poly or kevlar strings by any chance?

joness
01-12-2005, 02:59 PM
nobadmojo, i have been using leather grips for years, and I string with polyester in the mains at 62