PDA

View Full Version : Federer is a Superhero

jorel
05-05-2008, 11:37 AM
NOt just Fed but many elite athletes... Fed was just easy to pick on because he has been so dominant these few years.. it seems he is superhuman

i have heard that certain elite athletes actually see things in slow motion when compared to how the average person sees things

a fastball is really not as fast for them as it is for us...

almost like they can move and react at superspeed or have a heightened awareness of what is going on around them....kind of like Spiderman or the Flash..

not Iron Man because hes basically just a really smart guy in a cool battle suit

gj011
05-05-2008, 11:42 AM
OMG. Federer can fly!!!!! Funboys without borders.

How old are you?

rtyd1
05-05-2008, 11:45 AM
U have been reading to many comics, the reason why Fed and other world class tennis players are so good is because their training has caused tennis to become ingrained in their bodies so they dont have to think the way we do before playing a shot they know what to do instinctively

jorel
05-05-2008, 12:12 PM
OMG. Federer can fly!!!!! Funboys without borders.

How old are you?

how old do you want me to be?

sureshs
05-05-2008, 12:20 PM
i have heard that certain elite athletes actually see things in slow motion when compared to how the average person sees things

That is what they say about Ted Williams - he was able to see the seam on the ball.

goforgold99
05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
kind of like Spiderman or the Flash..

not Iron Man because hes basically just a really smart guy in a cool battle suit
:D

youre funny

helloworld
05-05-2008, 12:37 PM
The title of this thread makes me laugh. Did you just go watch Ironman or something??? Federer may have certain physical superiority, but he is NOT a superhero!! Has he been saving the world lately???

Serpententacle
05-05-2008, 12:40 PM
how old do you want me to be?

It sounds like you're not even born yet.

el sergento
05-05-2008, 12:42 PM
No, he's no Superhero (sorry, but they don' exist), but he is Super-human. He can't fly, but his hand eye coordination and agility are super developed and can't be taught, it's just genetics. Same goes for Nadal or any top athlete. Superior genetics and hard work = great athlete.

That's why we give them gazillions of dollars to watch them play and that's why no one was watching me take out the old geezer with a bum knee that challenged me yesterday.:) Believe me, it was a sub-human display.

danb
05-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Get off that thing you're drinking - I bet you see the ball in slow motion too.

shwetty[tennis]balls
05-05-2008, 12:51 PM
U have been reading to many comics, the reason why Fed and other world class tennis players are so good is because their training has caused tennis to become ingrained in their bodies so they dont have to think the way we do before playing a shot they know what to do instinctively
Don't discredit these "superhuman" athletes. They aren't where they are simply because of early training. There are literally thousands of players that have devoted just as much time to the sport as the Federers and the Woods and will never ever be as good. The difference is sheer talent and genius. In essence, they really do see the sport differently, and play the sport differently.

Salsa_Lover
05-05-2008, 01:07 PM
The fact is that Federer has the highest concentration of midi-chlorians on the tour history. that's all.

Cup8489
05-05-2008, 01:25 PM
That is what they say about Ted Williams - he was able to see the seam on the ball.

what, you can't ;)

Raoul_Duke
05-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Let's see if Chuck Norris has to say something here.

Babb
05-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Pros are my superheroes ;)

sureshs
05-05-2008, 01:44 PM
what, you can't ;)

Not when it is coming at me at 90 mph. I can see the seam on a stationary ball, though.