PDA

View Full Version : I Prestige mid or mp(besides my Prestige Classic's?

djones
01-12-2005, 04:14 AM
Should I get myself an I Prestige mid or mp?
Right now I play with the Prestige Classic mid, but I'm just curious to try and buy the I Prestige as well, just to have it.
But when you would compare their flexibility (of the I and Classic Prestige), than there's only one point difference in sitffness, but the mp is 3 points stiffer.
Is this racquet just as stiff as the I Radical?
If so, I shouldn't bother at all, because the Radical feels like an unbreakable board.
And will I lose touch, control and or spin with the I Prestige mid, compared to the Classic mid?

ty slothrop
01-12-2005, 08:47 AM
better hurry, I tried to demo one through TW only to be told that only a few are left for sale, and only in smaller grip sizes. oh yeah, they won't be getting any more in, either.

ferrari_827
01-12-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm sure the IPrestige mid is stiffer than the Radical, it may not even be close. It's comfortable with a multi and low tensions but it is still not really a "touch" racket for drop shots, drop volleys, slices, etc.

OnyxZ28
01-12-2005, 10:51 AM
In your opinion, of course.

kv581
01-12-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm sure the IPrestige mid is stiffer than the Radical, it may not even be close. It's comfortable with a multi and low tensions but it is still not really a "touch" racket for drop shots, drop volleys, slices, etc.
Have you ever played with i.Radical?

ferrari_827
01-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Oops, I haven't played with the Radical. All I can say is that the IPrestige is the stiffest feeling racket I've ever played with even though it's listed with an RDC of only 60 (?). There again, PS6.0 95 is listed as 67 and it feels more like 60.

djones
01-13-2005, 04:41 AM
So which is it?
Is it more flexible than the Radical?

Flatspin
01-13-2005, 04:27 PM
The i Prestige is a firm frame. However, it's also very comfortable to hit with. Strung in the middle of the tension range, it is even arm friendly. I totally disagree that the frame lacks feel. Hitting a slice had never been a problem for me. The i Prestige mid is a great racquet for the advanced player who places a premium on control, accuracy and comfort. One of the best Heads ever, IMHO!

Tomek_Pl
01-14-2005, 12:15 AM
more stiff - i.prestigeMP >LM Radical>i.prestige Mid >prestige classic -less stiff
i.prestige MP is pretty stiff, it adds a lot to it's stability, a little bit of power too. If I had money for natural strings this racquet I would choose probably... /wit stiff strings in high tensions it can be harmfull/

kv581
01-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Also note that there were several versions of i.Prestiges (specifically the mp version, but probably the mid also). The later versions were a bit heavier, more flexible, and generally lower powered according to TW people.

djones
01-14-2005, 07:27 AM
The i Prestige is a firm frame. However, it's also very comfortable to hit with. Strung in the middle of the tension range, it is even arm friendly. I totally disagree that the frame lacks feel. Hitting a slice had never been a problem for me. The i Prestige mid is a great racquet for the advanced player who places a premium on control, accuracy and comfort. One of the best Heads ever, IMHO!But can you from experience say that the I Prestige isn't as stiff as the Radical or haven't you tried the I Radical yet?

Flatspin
01-15-2005, 06:20 AM
I cannot comment about the radical. I would have to spend time with the Radical, trying different tensions etc., before I could give an informed response. There is plenty of opinion and advice given on this forum without substance and I do not want to add.