PDA

View Full Version : How different does the i-Radical mp play compared to the LM Radical mp ?

AndrewD
01-12-2005, 06:07 AM
Have mentioned before in other posts that Ive hit with and really liked the LM Rad MP but its out of my price range. The i-Radical MP, on the other hand is very nicely priced so had hoped it could be a good alternative.

Can anyone who has hit with the both give an appraisal of the similarities and differences?

backcourt
01-12-2005, 06:14 AM
I've only hit with each racquet a couple of times...but much preferred the LM radical especially for serves, and also found it more stable and powerful.

moosryan
01-12-2005, 12:16 PM
i thought the i rad was a bit light for me. if you can't afford the liquidmetal, try the ti radical, imo one of the best racquets ever made.

spinbalz
01-12-2005, 01:07 PM
I compared here the MP versions :

The I.Rad swings lighter, so seems more maneuverable, feels stiffer and less lively, is less stable, and has a smaller sweetspot, spin seems more natural with the LM Rad.

spinbalz
01-12-2005, 01:13 PM
A tip for the I.Rad Mp, just install CAP grommets (same as the I.Prestige MP) on it instead of the regular ones, it will be like night and day and will play so much better, with more power and much more stability with equal control once you found the groove even if you swing big, better in every areas of the game, groundstrokes, volleys and serves (really heavy killing serves, a true ace machine)

thejackal
01-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Try lead at 2,10,8 and 4 on the i. Rad (where the LM would be on the LM Radical).

tiptopperoo
01-12-2005, 03:52 PM
I've tried both, love the I-Rad played with it for bout 24months and had lots of success. But I did find it a lil unstable at times, and spin was lacking. But had great feel and all i thought, stiff as a plank but I could hit some serious serves with it. Its good enough for Joe Sirianni so its good enough for me, or was, cos I'm gonna get a couple of LM.

AndrewD
01-13-2005, 06:07 AM
spinbalz, sorry to sound ignorant but what are CAP grommets and why would they improve the racquet's playability?

spinbalz
01-13-2005, 02:44 PM
CAP system is some sort of bumper guard that goes all around the head of the racquet instead of just at the top (like on the prestige Classic 600 or I.prestige Mid and Midplus, or LM prestige mid and Midplus), the benefit is a better protection for the racquet that makes you more confident to play low balls and half volleys, it also adds some weight in the head and makes it perfectly distributed all around the head unlike lead tape that is applied only in some shorter areas, consequence is more stability, bigger sweetspot, more power, not any less control once you found the groove with your strokes, slightly less maneuverability, but since the I.Rad has a so low swingweight in its sotck form, the racquets stays maneuverable enough with the CAP grommets.

AndrewD
01-13-2005, 06:37 PM
thanks spinbalz,
feel a bit dumb asking the question as Ive got an old Prestige Pro (bought for $30 in excellant condition) and I can see it's got the kind of bumper guard you're talking about. If I do opt for the i-Rad then I'll definately give it a go, thanks again.

RacquetDoctor
01-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Spinbalz...
Probably one of the better recommendations I've ever read here. While I don't play with the stick, I've done exactly that to a number of customers...in stock form, this is probably the best modification you can make to the frame.

Mark