PDA

View Full Version : has gaudio retired?????

BeHappy
05-06-2008, 08:26 PM
only played one match this year, where is he?

has he retired?, will he get a wildcard in to the french?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
05-06-2008, 08:45 PM
He was entered in a Bermuda challenger 2 weeks ago, and he withdrew due to injury. I think he's still trying, but his heart is in it.

Rhino
12-13-2008, 04:21 AM
Gaston Gaudio beat Jose Acasuso 6-4 6-3 in an exo today.

srinrajesh
12-13-2008, 06:20 AM
RG wont give trophies for every winner -only somebody special like 3 time winner GUGA

edmondsm
12-13-2008, 10:26 AM
no, i think they will give to someone who won with 2 sets down.

They didn't honor Agassi.

Love Game
12-13-2008, 11:48 AM
only played one match this year, where is he?

has he retired?, will he get a wildcard in to the french?

http://i38.tinypic.com/2w54kyr.jpg

Gaston Gaudio fans can see their man play today! :D
Both he and Juan Chela are in the semis of the Peugeot Argentina Cup today.

First up: Chela vs Johnny Monaco.
Followed by: Gaudio vs Feliciano Lopez

There's a thread in the Pro Match Results forum @
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=234816&page=3

lambielspins
12-13-2008, 12:00 PM
He cant have officialy retired yet or we would definitely hear about. If we even hear about Verkerk retiring or Sluiter making a comeback I cant imagine we wouldnt hear about Gaudio retiring if he really did.

That being said he has only played 2 official matches in 2008, a first round loss in a challenger event to Nishikori, and a first round loss in a small tournament in Chile. Both were in January. I would say for all practical purposes he is retired but is hedging on making an announcement.

edmondsm
12-13-2008, 12:02 PM
How does such a talented guy go so off the map without having serious injuries to explain it?

NamRanger
12-13-2008, 12:04 PM
How does such a talented guy go so off the map without having serious injuries to explain it?

He just doesn't like tennis anymore. He's burnt out.

LafayetteHitter
12-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Gaudio who? LOL

lambielspins
12-13-2008, 12:09 PM

I wouldnt say he was ever an unbelievable talent. He was a top 20-top 30 talent. Clay was his best surface by far, he wasnt even close to as good on other surfaces as he was on clay. Yet even on clay his French Open win was a total shock and something people were not even considering a possability. He deserves alot of credit for playing an inspired tournament but also got very lucky Coria just blew up mentally in the final, and even Nalbandian in the semis to a lesser extent.

edmondsm
12-13-2008, 12:09 PM
He just doesn't like tennis anymore. He's burnt out.

It's too bad. I guess you only get to be a tennis pro once so you might as well stick with it regardless of whether you enjoy it or not. For a guy with his abilities to not be able to get through challenger draw.....he must really be hating it.

NamRanger
12-13-2008, 12:44 PM
It's too bad. I guess you only get to be a tennis pro once so you might as well stick with it regardless of whether you enjoy it or not. For a guy with his abilities to not be able to get through challenger draw.....he must really be hating it.

Yea, I mean, Gaston Gaudio is the only guy who has an even record against Nadal on clay among active players. The guy was a tremendous player, and should be able to beat up in challenger draws with his backhand alone. However, he appears to have no motivation at all.

TheTruth
12-13-2008, 12:45 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2w54kyr.jpg

Gaston Gaudio fans can see their man play today! :D
Both he and Juan Chela are in the semis of the Peugeot Argentina Cup today.

First up: Chela vs Johnny Monaco.
Followed by: Gaudio vs Feliciano Lopez

There's a thread in the Pro Match Results forum @
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=234816&page=3

You are such a sweetie! Thanks! I love Gaudio and his amazing backhand. Talk about a thing of beauty!

lambielspins
12-13-2008, 12:47 PM
If he isnt motivated he should retire. He is pretty old by now I would think and he has had a good career for himself. He must be pretty wealthy so he should be set for life. It isnt as if he was an underachiever who should have any regrets like some and people will always remember his epic triumph at the 2004 French.

Cyan
12-14-2008, 10:45 AM
It isnt as if he was an underachiever who should have any regrets like some

Yeah, like Coria....

matchmaker
12-14-2008, 09:56 PM
He sure still knows how to play, if he had the motivation of an André Agassi, he could still play some nice matches...

roundiesee
12-14-2008, 11:08 PM
I hope he doesn't retire, not just yet anyway; he has such a beautiful game with such fluid strokes. Let's see what happens for '09

Andres
12-15-2008, 04:31 AM
He's not retiring. He's planning to play the entire latinamerican clay season, and ask for a WC for Roland Garros.

The guy just played an exhibition tournament in Argentina, outdoor fast hardcourts, and defeated Acasuso 6-3, 6-3, then beat Feliciano Lopez (!) 7-6, 6-3 and went to lose the finals to Juan Monaco 6-7, 6-7.

Good thing is he was playing GREAT. His temper is still there, of course, but he was having fun, and that's good :)

pepe01
12-15-2008, 06:13 AM
He's not retiring. He's planning to play the entire latinamerican clay season, and ask for a WC for Roland Garros.

The guy just played an exhibition tournament in Argentina, outdoor fast hardcourts, and defeated Acasuso 6-3, 6-3, then beat Feliciano Lopez (!) 7-6, 6-3 and went to lose the finals to Juan Monaco 6-7, 6-7.

Good thing is he was playing GREAT. His temper is still there, of course, but he was having fun, and that's good :)

Yeap, i saw semis and final, Gaudio is playing very well, his back hand is from text book, great, and forehand is great too, i guess with good physical preparetion and training we going to see him on the road again wish is good.

Good for Gaudio.

Regards

Andres
12-15-2008, 06:16 AM
He has no ranking.

Love Game
12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
You are such a sweetie! Thanks! I love Gaudio and his amazing backhand. Talk about a thing of beauty!

Takes one to know one, sweetie! :D
Gatos's BH was on great display in the final yesterday.
And so was his frequent smile! cheshire cat?

http://i36.tinypic.com/sqqjwy.jpg

TheTruth
12-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Takes one to know one, sweetie! :D
Gatos's BH was on great display in the final yesterday.
And so was his frequent smile! cheshire cat?

http://i36.tinypic.com/sqqjwy.jpg

I've always enjoyed Gaudio's on court persona, but I like Monaco too, so I wasn't disappointed in the result. I wouldn't have been disappointed if Feli won either. I seriously hope Gaston comes back next year. I only have one match of his on tape!

Hopefully, TTC will show it one of these days. They've been showing a lot of matches I missed the first time around.

Love Game
12-15-2008, 08:45 PM
I've always enjoyed Gaudio's on court persona, but I like Monaco too, so I wasn't disappointed in the result. I wouldn't have been disappointed if Feli won either. I seriously hope Gaston comes back next year. I only have one match of his on tape!

Hopefully, TTC will show it one of these days. They've been showing a lot of matches I missed the first time around.

I've been thinking about getting TTC, but it's not available in my current cable package.

Do you have it in a cable package?
Or do you have it in a satellite package?

________
http://i36.tinypic.com/2qkv3ns.gif

tacou
12-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Gaudio is on TTC right now actually

oscar_2424
12-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Grande Gaston!!

ronalditop
12-16-2008, 11:04 AM
gaudio has such a beautiful game. i hope he continue playing cause i love to see him play. he just have to get mentally tougher and improve his serve. his groundstrokes are very fine.