PDA

View Full Version : Lleyton Hewitt

Wimbledunn
05-06-2008, 08:04 PM
is he still playing tennis? where is he?

rum02
05-06-2008, 08:15 PM
he strained his hip against mardy fish at indian wells or miami i think.
hasn't played since (apart from davis cup)

Wimbledunn
05-06-2008, 08:24 PM
he strained his hip against mardy fish at indian wells or miami i think.
hasn't played since (apart from davis cup)

Couldn't have been at IW or Miami because I was at his match in Miami and he lost to Acasuso - simply got outplayed, no sign of injury.

tennis_hand
05-06-2008, 09:57 PM
well, i'm surprised that anyone still cares about him, just as some people still have high hopes of Safin.

Vision84
05-06-2008, 10:10 PM
well, i'm surprised that anyone still cares about him, just as some people still have high hopes of Safin.

Just cause people care about him doesn't mean they expect him to win another major.

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
05-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Couldn't have been at IW or Miami because I was at his match in Miami and he lost to Acasuso - simply got outplayed, no sign of injury.

Wow Wimbledunn!!

Could that be facts? :shock:

I thought Hewitt was expected to be in the top 10 this year.

Jimmyk459
05-06-2008, 10:15 PM
hewitt is a phenominal player (ignore the missplelling). he will be within the top 10 by the years end..... i love him

FlamEnemY
05-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I guess he should be able to make a comeback into the top ten if he really wants that. But he's a father now and this brings a whole new dimension in his life. I guess he could be happier around the top 20.
Too bad, he's always entertaining to watch... esp. if he get pumped up :twisted:

Turning Pro
05-07-2008, 01:52 AM

He was carrying the strain then, you can tell his movement was really affected. In fact the last time he lost to acasuso was when they played davis cup and he carried an injury then. He already strained his hip during the Mardy Fish match but thought he could shake it off but it wasn't to be.

caulcano
05-07-2008, 04:45 AM
hewitt is a phenominal player (ignore the missplelling). he will be within the top 10 by the years end..... i love him

Hewitt over-achieved and won 2 Grand Slams in the process, though he did show a lot of heart & determination.

Currently, I don't think he possess any weapons that could hurt any of the top-10. Therefore, I don't expect a top-10 ranking anytime soon.

Gugafan
05-07-2008, 06:36 AM
Hewitt probably plays the fewest tournaments of top 20 players yet he is still in the mix. He is currently ranked 19, and has just missed 2 clay court masters event.

I hope he can make a comeback for Hamburg, Clay has been one of Hewitts best surface over the last 2 years. He moves really well on the dirt, and make its difficult for opponents to out-hit him like on faster surfaces. I recall him beating Davydenko at Hamburg last yr and pushing Nadal to 3 sets in the semis, a match he nearly won in the third.

He is a doubt for the French Open!. Real pity, because he is one of the few players that has actually worried Nadal on clay!.

mrDamien
05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
There are quite huge numbers of people still care and concern of Hewitt progress. Even pretty doubt about his current form but i'm sure if he on court he will going to upset every opponent and demolish all of them especially to Fed and Roddick. Just give him a break and to be back as soon as possible :).

Wimbledunn
05-07-2008, 07:49 AM

i couldn't care less about Hewitt. I'm just wondering where he is since he was playing tennis a few weeks ago.

Gugafan
05-10-2008, 09:15 AM
He has withdrawn from Hamburg and most likely fall outside the top 30 since he made the semis there last yr. Missing the French Open is a possibilty, indicated by Hewitts management.

siber222000
05-13-2008, 06:23 PM
thank u for saying that. just because he hasn't played some tournaments, that doesn't mean everybody won't care about him *cough* tennis_hand or w/e *cough*There are quite huge numbers of people still care and concern of Hewitt progress. Even pretty doubt about his current form but i'm sure if he on court he will going to upset every opponent and demolish all of them especially to Fed and Roddick. Just give him a break and to be back as soon as possible :).