PDA

View Full Version : Clay in Rome

Nole_Destroyer
05-07-2008, 05:51 AM
These courts in Romes supposed to be faster then in Monte Carlo,but watching few matches and I can tell you these courts are far more slower than in MC.
What do you think?

veroniquem
05-07-2008, 05:52 AM
They look faster to me...

Andres
05-07-2008, 05:52 AM
I think Nadal_Freak will freak out at your statement, and find 70,000 nonsensic excuses to prove Rome is faster than Monte Carlo, while the difference may be less than 5%

But I agree, they're playing roughly the same.

zagor
05-07-2008, 05:59 AM
These courts in Romes supposed to be faster then in Monte Carlo,but watching few matches and I can tell you these courts are far more slower than in MC.
What do you think?

Well I suppose they're faster then Monte Carlo and some other clay tournaments since Roddick reached semis and quarters here and also Sampras won it in '96(beating Boris Becker in the final) but I honestly can't tell the difference no matter how much I watch,it's still just the same clay to me.

MajinX
05-07-2008, 06:15 AM
What do you think?

when i was watching roddicks match it looked sooo slow, maybe because he hits with alot of topspin and flattens out only sometimes... but fish's shots were slow too.

it could also be that specific court tho, i mean i doubt they can condition every court they have, esp the smaller ones exactly the same as the others.

flyer
05-07-2008, 06:17 AM
It hard to see the differences on tv, it might be an inhc or two faster/lower bouncing which there is no way for us to see but that makes a difference on the corut to the players

Blade0324
05-07-2008, 06:29 AM
I think it seems to be a bit slower and lower bouncing but so far the weather has not been too good and has been kind of cool and wet especially with the rain on Mon. I think this has slowed them down quite a bit but if they dry out perhaps then then will speed up.

Andres
05-07-2008, 06:36 AM
I agree. Specially the court Seppi and Blake are playing right now. One of the sides of the court (the one further away from the TV camera) looks definitely slower than the other side.

Not fulltime player
05-07-2008, 07:19 AM
I agree. Specially the court Seppi and Blake are playing right now. One of the sides of the court (the one further away from the TV camera) looks definitely slower than the other side.
Are they ATP pros? They look like a couple of club players.

coloskier
05-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Are they ATP pros? They look like a couple of club players.

Yes, what a UFE-fest. But with Seppi's incredibly weak 2nd serve, what is happening should be expected.

Otherside
05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
I think Nadal_Freak will freak out at your statement, and find 70,000 nonsensic excuses to prove Rome is faster than Monte Carlo, while the difference may be less than 5%

But I agree, they're playing roughly the same.

can't nadal_freak get an own section in this board where he salutes Nadal and talks about how the Hamburg conditions favours Fed?

Andres
05-07-2008, 09:05 AM
** SPOILER **

Ferrero is actually beating Nadal. That particular court is SLOWER than Monte Carlo.

It doesn't matter what Nadal_Freak might say, that court isn't any faster than MC. Ferrero is beating Rafa fair and square on a slow clay court

** SPOILER **