PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's chances of winning RG are dead

sureshs
05-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Complaining about blisters and calling for a trainer in the second set - both him and Djoker are crybabies and quitters.

I think Nadal's chances of winning RG are dead.

Turning Pro
05-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Which means Feds chances are negative dead?

BlahDow
05-07-2008, 10:24 AM
so losing = quitting now?

Cup8489
05-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Complaining about blisters and calling for a trainer in the second set - both him and Djoker are crybabies and quitters.

man, you're such a downer. lol. he'll be fine, he should stay out of Hamburg though, since RG is more important points wise. if he plays at both, chances are he'll lose at both, and consquently crush his ranking. however, if he opts out of Hamburg and heads into RG fresh, he may still pull off a win.

but give him credit for sticking it out. Djokovic retired b/c the clay was irritatin his nostrils.

r2473
05-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Is this a substitute for the mandatory "nadal should just retire" thread?

Nadal_Freak
05-07-2008, 10:34 AM
man, you're such a downer. lol. he'll be fine, he should stay out of Hamburg though, since RG is more important points wise. if he plays at both, chances are he'll lose at both, and consquently crush his ranking. however, if he opts out of Hamburg and heads into RG fresh, he may still pull off a win.

but give him credit for sticking it out. Djokovic retired b/c the clay was irritatin his nostrils.
A week off is enough rest time. 2 days off is not though. Nadal should be fine for Hamburg and Roland Garros.

BlahDow
05-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Is this a substitute for the mandatory "nadal should just retire" thread?

MM..i prefer the title of.."----- IS DONE!"

MajinX
05-07-2008, 10:38 AM
winning is winning and losing is losing, there doesnt need to be so many threads about this.. unless there was a huge and quite obvious reason why did this person lose and none of it was in control of that person. For example, if nadal got hit by a car and cant move well then its not his fault..

CyBorg
05-07-2008, 10:39 AM
That was fast.

Nadal_Freak
05-07-2008, 10:39 AM
winning is winning and losing is losing, there doesnt need to be so many threads about this.. unless there was a huge and quite obvious reason why did this person lose and none of it was in control of that person. For example, if nadal got hit by a car and cant move well then its not his fault..
But according to some people around here, that is an excuse. :(

urban
05-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Actually a good thing for Nadal. It is a crazy schedule by the ATP, 4 clay events with 3 Masters packed into 4 weeks. Look what happened to Ferrer, who is in form, but was tired, too. Barcelona as a home tournament was more important for Nadal than Rome. If he'll be fresh at RG, i cannot see anyone beating him over best of five.

dh003i
05-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Wow, I'm really surprised he lost, and to Ferrero too...the 1st set went to completion and he lost it. Really surprised.

I think this thread is a reaction to the stupid thread with the same title except for Federer. So it's kinda funny.

But seriously, of course that's not true. This probably indicates that Nadal hasn't paced himself well, and is playing too much. Like I said before, he does not have a good team around him.

stormholloway
05-07-2008, 10:41 AM
If I hadn't seen it on the atptennis.com website I'd be complaining about a spoiler title.

This means Federer's chances are double reverse dead. That means his chances died, were resurrected then killed and revived twice over.

shavenstringer
05-07-2008, 10:43 AM

Troll........

dh003i
05-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Too bad for Federer, now Nalbandian's gone, Ferrer's gone, Nadal's gone. He won't have really tough clay-court opponents, which of course is what he needs.

Although there's still Ferrero, and Quit-choke-ovic.

ledor
05-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Here we go again. But then again I needed a good laugh for the monring.

Fedace
05-07-2008, 10:58 AM

I think with Severe blisters, rafa could have just Quit in the middle of 2nd set. but he didn't and he played on cause, rafa knows how much this means to ferrero and he didn't want to do that to his countryman.:cry:

Vision84
05-07-2008, 11:07 AM
From the sounds of it he was pretty hurt. I commend Nadal for completing the match. Shows great maturity.

stormholloway
05-07-2008, 11:07 AM

What's wrong with calling a trainer for blisters? And how does that make him a quitter? He didn't quit.

People take for granted how easily he dominates the clay court season. Nobody has had the kind of clay court dominance he has had. It's only one tournament. I don't even think Borg dominated the clay season like Nadal.

hoosierbr
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
People said that after Rafa lost to Roger in Hamburg last year.

Probably the best thing for him if he is struggling with blisters. More rest, more recovery, better shot at being fully fit for Roland Garros.

zagor
05-07-2008, 11:10 AM

I hope you're joking otherwise is this is really your opinion well I honestly have no comment on that.

PS. What Nadal did today if anything shows how much he is different from Djokovic.

Lefty5
05-07-2008, 11:11 AM

not only can he not win RG, he should retire. He's so washed up he couldn't beat a 3.5 pusher in a USTA match. He should submit his resume to a beat down rec facility and hope to become head pro

dh003i
05-07-2008, 11:20 AM
I don't get how people are criticizing Nadal here. Blisters are a severe problem in tennis, so it's reasonable he asked for someone for that. It probably hurt like hell playing until the end. That's balls and heart, and integrity. Even when he probably knew he was going to lose.

Contrast that to Djokovic retiring b/c of "dizziness," a "soar throat," or whatever. Again, Nadal had more cause to retire than Djokovic did, yet he didn't, he stuck it out, finished even if he had no chance of winning; because he obviously felt that was the respect he owed his opponent.

Very commendable. Really exceptional, because it went above and beyond what was required.

Q&M son
05-07-2008, 11:23 AM
We'll see. I think Rafa will be in RG final again...

Stchamps
05-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Do you guys not realize this topic is because of the "Federer's chances to win RG are dead" topic?

coloskier
05-07-2008, 11:26 AM
As much as I favor Fed over Nadal, I have huge respect for Nadal finishing that match. The last thing he can be called is a crybaby and quitter. Only Djokovic, Gasquet, and Davydenko have earned "the right" to be called a crybaby and quitter. I'd like to see anyone play their best with a 1 inch long split in the middle of a 1 1/2" circumference foot blister in wet conditions and soaking wet feet on clay. That being said, I think if it had not started to rain, Nadal would have won the match.

peluzon
05-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Nadal will win RG ,, Im 100% sure of that. Nobody can beat him if he play healthy ,, maybe Roger , but Roger is scare about Rafa

coloskier
05-07-2008, 11:32 AM
By the way, that injury will probably take at least 7-10 days to heal. He won't be able to do any stop/starts on that foot until it is totally healed, and definitely no sliding.

joeri888
05-07-2008, 11:34 AM
WTF is this place.. are there no moderators out here? If the original poster is serious about only ONE word in his post he's a disgrace to all normal Federer fans

deme08
05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
The op was obviously joking, he was just trying to "un-jinx" Nadal so he could win FO again.

tennis_guy
05-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Nadal should switch to a 4 3/8 grip if he wants to win rolland garros.

goforgold99
05-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Nadal should switch to a 4 3/8 grip if he wants to win rolland garros.
Yep!

and he should switch to a Onehanded Backhand!

Purostaff
05-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Nadal tanked

/thread

goforgold99
05-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Nadal tanked

/thread

no, he got ownd. He should retire!

chlsmo
05-07-2008, 01:19 PM
STOP IT WITH THIS CRAP!
This constant back and forth B.S. between who should retire and who has no chance of success sucks the life from this forum! The more people post threads to get back at other people only perpetuates this garbage. Just cut it out.

quest01
05-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Nadal tanked

/thread

Nadal lost due to his blister injury on his foot.

Raoul_Duke
05-07-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm sure sureshs is having a sweet laugh somewhere now ...

sureshs
05-07-2008, 01:54 PM
These guys are crybabies - calling trainers for delay tactics and quitting. Now Djoker is claiming he had a strep throat when he retired in Monte Carlo. Give me a break. Strep throat! Did he need to lecture for 3 hrs? Why did it matter to playing tennis?

These guys should be paid less than women.

goforgold99
05-07-2008, 01:59 PM
I think Rafa should switch to Right handed play again!

Because his Blister was on his right foot, and this wouldn't have been the case if he was playing right.

tennis_hand
05-07-2008, 05:34 PM

haha. good thread. lol

Mark Vessels
05-07-2008, 05:53 PM

You say this coming from the convenience of a air conditioned room, sitting on a seat pulled up to a computer.

Did you ever think about those men valiantly playing in the hot sun, point after long point in the red clay, giving everything they have to win?

allez_mike
05-07-2008, 06:00 PM
yo buddy, i suggest u back up your words with actual proof before you call the clay king a crybaby and a quitter. his foot was literally missing a chunk when he took his socks off late in the second set when the trainers were working on him.
no one would be able to move in that condition.

TheTruth
05-07-2008, 06:02 PM
These guys are crybabies - calling trainers for delay tactics and quitting. Now Djoker is claiming he had a strep throat when he retired in Monte Carlo. Give me a break. Strep throat! Did he need to lecture for 3 hrs? Why did it matter to playing tennis?

These guys should be paid less than women.

That's almost as bad as the undiagnosed-undetected-mono-until I start winning again fiasco, if you ask me...

sureshs
05-08-2008, 06:01 AM
Hey I work almost the entire year with less than a month off, and I don't complain. And I don't get sponsored by any company to wear this or that in return for tons of money. What are these young guys complaining about? If running too much gives you blisters, learn to play more efficiently and come to the net more.

ninman
05-08-2008, 06:06 AM
That's almost as bad as the undiagnosed-undetected-mono-until I start winning again fiasco, if you ask me...

For someone with a name like "TheTruth" you don't speak a lot of it.

cknobman
05-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Nadals changces are not dead.

OP that is pretty shallowed comments on Nadal and shows how much you know about tennis or Nadal...jack squat.

Now if Nadal stays off that dang blister until it heals (should take at least a week off) he will be fine for the French. Only thing is most of us know how Nadal is and that means he never stops. He pushes so hard sometimes that he goes overboard and makes it harder on himself. I only hope that he really sits down and thinks about this and decides to give up a few points for the sake of his own health and the chance to keep his 1000 FO points.

Ocean Drive
05-08-2008, 06:58 AM
so losing = quitting now?

He might as well have quit, his effort after going a double break down was very poor. He was fine up until that point. Blisters and some skin off his foot, awwwwwwwwwwww. :(

Ocean Drive
05-08-2008, 06:59 AM
You say this coming from the convenience of a air conditioned room, sitting on a seat pulled up to a computer.

Did you ever think about those men valiantly playing in the hot sun, point after long point in the red clay, giving everything they have to win?

Nadal has been used to playing in those conditions since he was very young, so don't come up with that crap.

samster
05-08-2008, 07:36 AM

You are not serious, are you?

smO
05-08-2008, 08:36 AM

Have you ever had a blister?

Stchamps
05-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Since obviously none of you listened to me before, the OP made this topic as a joke in response to this topic

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=194556

sureshs
05-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Henin's chances of winning RG are dead too.

coloskier
05-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I am not a fan of Nadal's style of tennis, but he should definitely be the favorite going in. As long as he lets his foot heal.

soyizgood
05-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Nadal's chances of taking #1 looks dead. He has no choice but to play Hamburg as he has 350pts to defend. And 1000pts at RG to defend. He has no margin for error and that's just to keeps his current point total.

He either has to do better in the hardcourt and indoor tournaments or hope Federer slips off considerably (winning Wimbledon will shed at least 600pts off of Federer's lead). I just don't think Nadal has it in him to win hardcourt tournaments consistently.

rnrockz1
05-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Honestly, I think Rafa will lose the French, but win Wimbledon

Chauvalito
05-08-2008, 12:54 PM

Ridiculous post. i am going to assume you didnt see the blister Nadal had on his foot.

It was nearly a gaping wound on the ball of his foot. Every step would have been painfull.

Give Nadal credit for finishing the match, the Joker would have defaulted.

rnrockz1
05-08-2008, 01:02 PM
So right. Djokovic would have retired if he had a cold lol.

Andres
05-08-2008, 01:14 PM
But when Fed calls for a trainer to simply re-adjust and tape his ankle is ok right? (vs. Cañas last year)

At least, Nadal HAD blisters. Fed was trying to kill Cañas' momentum.

Chauvalito
05-08-2008, 01:18 PM
But when Fed calls for a trainer to simply re-adjust and tape his ankle is ok right? (vs. Cañas last year)

Conjecture at best

zagor
05-08-2008, 01:29 PM

You know that for certain? I guess you can read Fed's mind.Also suresh is no Federer fan,not even close so I don't see why you have to bring up Roger here.

nn
05-08-2008, 01:47 PM

I have notice on many thread you post some useless crap and this is one of that.

Novak quit not Nadal if you know what is retried and Quit

All of the threads has some kind of pattern to bash other players for something or other..some kind of weird mind set

TheTruth
05-08-2008, 02:08 PM
For someone with a name like "TheTruth" you don't speak a lot of it.

I do speak the truth. That mono story is bogus in my opinion, and I'm entitled. You all kill me dogging out everybody else and then no one can say anything about Federer! Such a ridiculous double standard!

TheTruth
05-08-2008, 02:12 PM

Ninman,
More truth, bet you don't like this post either! I remember that, no problems at all. Simply called the trainer to fix a not broken tape job. No outcries. No crying foul. It was obvious it was to break momentum, and it's not the first time he's done it. But that was ok, because it was Federer.

coloskier
05-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Ninman,
More truth, bet you don't like this post either! I remember that, no problems at all. Simply called the trainer to fix a not broken tape job. No outcries. No crying foul. It was obvious it was to break momentum, and it's not the first time he's done it. But that was ok, because it was Federer.

Yes, Fed does it, Nadal does it, Djokovic does it constantly, Davydenko does it (do I sense a European flavor here?). It doesn't mean that ANY of them are right. It is even worse in the WTA. The rule needs to be changed.

TheTruth
05-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes, Fed does it, Nadal does it, Djokovic does it constantly, Davydenko does it (do I sense a European flavor here?). It doesn't mean that ANY of them are right. It is even worse in the WTA. The rule needs to be changed.

Totally agree! Everybody does something, and anything can be viewed negatively if that's your intent. But to persecute other players for every little thing a poster perceives as wrong and then give complete passes to your favorites is plain wrong. Then, when you try to call someone else out for doing what you do yourself, hmmmm. Flat out wrong.

coloskier
05-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Totally agree! Everybody does something, and anything can be viewed negatively if that's your intent. But to persecute other players for every little thing a poster perceives as wrong and then give complete passes to your favorites is plain wrong. Then, when you try to call someone else out for doing what you do yourself, hmmmm. Flat out wrong.

I agree. I think the biggest problem is that while most all do it, some do it a lot more than others. Those are the ones that should be questioned, not the ones that only do it on a very rare occasion. I do not consider Fed and Nadal to do it more than rarely.

Arrows
05-09-2008, 12:18 AM
We're blowing things way out of proportion. We seem to do that every time Federer or Nadal loses.

Arrows
"No, it's Wigner's friend."

127mph
05-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Nadal will still be the overwhelming favorite at Roland Garros. Phillipe Chatrier is the biggest court in the world. Nadal has acres to run and cover balls. Super human effort or serious injury will be the only things to keep Nadal from holding the trophy a 4th year.

Sentinel
05-09-2008, 01:10 AM
sureshs strikes again :-D

Andres
05-09-2008, 05:10 AM
Conjecture at best
Conjecture? I was watching it on TV. The trainer did NOTHING but re-adjust the tape on Fed's ankle. In fact, Fed didn't complain about anything, and barely said any words.

ninman
05-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Conjecture? I was watching it on TV. The trainer did NOTHING but re-adjust the tape on Fed's ankle. In fact, Fed didn't complain about anything, and barely said any words.

The tape was cutting into his foot and making it uncomfortable for him. Sounds reasonable that he'd want it adjusted.

Andres
05-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Yeaaaaah riiiiiight!

ninman
05-09-2008, 05:45 AM
Yeaaaaah riiiiiight!

You have no way of knowing how Federer was feeling or whether the tape was making him uncomfortable so we'll just have to trust Federer's word that that's all it was.

Andres
05-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Exactly. Since Federer didn't complain about any pain, or anything, and he didn't look like he was hurt, I'll call him a momentum-breaker.

ninman
05-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Exactly. Since Federer didn't complain about any pain, or anything, and he didn't look like he was hurt, I'll call him a momentum-breaker.

He doesn't have to complain about pain to feel uncomfortable. If it was me I wouldn't have said anything either.

zagor
05-09-2008, 06:02 AM

You can call Federer whatever you like but the fact remains that he askes for timeouts probably less often then any other player,has never retired from a match,has a won a couple of Edberg sportmanship awards and most players(including Nadal) like the guy,so there must be something good about him,right? Also if you think Nadal has never asked for medical time-out in convenient time or that he never breaks or abuses the rules you'd be wrong.I'm not saying that Fed is the nicest guy out there but he's nowhere near the villain some people here try to make him out to be.

Andres
05-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Oh, no, I'm not calling him a villain. In fact, he's probably one of the most correct guys on the tour.

I'm simply "attacking" the guys who bash Djokovic or Nadal for asking medical timeouts, while Federer does it too, and even when he's not injured at all.

I don't think Nadal doesn't "cheat". It's pretty obvious. He abuses some of the rules, specially the serving time.

None of those players are saints. I'm not attacking the players, I'm attacking the fanboys who bashes on two of them when they should call the three on them about it.

zagor
05-09-2008, 06:11 AM
I agree with what you say but from what I've seen OP is not a Fed fanboy,he is a neutral troll seeking attention in my opinion.

Andres
05-09-2008, 06:17 AM
A troll, in the end ;)

"Aunque la mona se vista de seda, mona queda" ;)

crosscourt
05-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Andres -- somehting that I am curious about is whether Federer is popular in South America. I live in the UK, and would say that he is hugely respected by, and very popular with, older players. Nadal is the favourite of the younger players. In the US, he seems to be respected without being adored. Across Europe it will depend on where you are but my impression from the TV is that he tends to be the crowd favourite in most of his matches -- I guess Spain would be an exception. What is the position in Argentina?

cc

Andres
05-09-2008, 07:01 AM
He's highly respected as a player, but hated at the same time because we (latins) don't like the same person to win everything. That's why we don't like Schumacher, or Tiger Woods.

I love him as a player, as he's amazing and extremely fun to watch, but I hate him at the same time cause he's too good and he wins virtually everything.

For the same reason, most south americans don't like Nadal on clay. Of course, since most latins play better on clay, Nadal's succes on the dirt halts their own success.

I, personally, root against Nadal on clay, and Federer most of the time, except against Nadal on clay. But now, since Nadal is actually getting closer to the #1, I root for Nadal beating Fed.

Once Federer loses his #1 status, I'll start rooting for him again.

It's not like I hate them as player. I love them both as players, but I hate when a guy wins EVERYTHING!

Personally, I'm a fan of Karlovic, Bracciali, Guccione, Nalbandian, Coria, Calleri, Ancic, Stepanek, Ljubicic and Feli López; being Ivo, Daniele and David my favourite players.

Was that clear? :)

crosscourt
05-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Clear in some ways. I think that you have shown quite convincingly that you are, as you put it, latin. But Karlovic your favourite player? That I find amazing. How can he be anyone's favourite?

cc

Andres
05-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I love players with huge serves and attacking mindset. That's why I love Bracciali yet I don't like Roddick :)

crosscourt
05-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I sometimes think Roddick is criticised too much. He isn't a natural volleyer. I suppose that he does stand a long way behind the baseline. I think he has a generally positive game. Maybe I am missing the point.

cc

danb
05-09-2008, 11:58 AM

I had more respect for you... Are you OK?

Sentinel
05-09-2008, 09:21 PM
So basically the TOP FOUR cannot win RG since they all are cry-babies, quitters, chokers etc. So who's left *thinking* Ferrer, Roddick ... Gas- no, quitter, Gonz- no quitter), Tso- choker, Bla - choker, Nalby ??? , Berdych (quitter).

Ferrer, Roddick and Nalbo as per OP's logic :-)

sondraj
05-09-2008, 09:50 PM
People are way to hyper sensitive in tennis, rafa was obliviously tired and didn't try in that last set I don't care if jesus himself came down to play rafa there is no way he would lose 6-1 on clay unless he wasn't trying. and now he's has no chance of winning RG, give me a break

msc886
05-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Ok. So he loses a match because of blisters and now his chances of winning Roland Garros is dead? I really see the logic in that.

toby1526
05-10-2008, 02:18 AM

That seems harsh! I think both have the better chances than any other players. From Rome we can see that anyone can beat anyone lately so it probably won't be a Nadal v Federer final. Nadal I think will make it to the final but the other side of the draw is a mystery.

Sentinel
05-10-2008, 04:41 AM
So basically the TOP FOUR cannot win RG since they all are cry-babies, quitters, chokers etc. So who's left *thinking* Ferrer, Roddick ... Gas- no, quitter, Gonz- no quitter), Tso- choker, Bla - choker, Nalby ??? , Berdych (quitter).

Ferrer, Roddick and Nalbo as per OP's logic :-)

Take Roddick off the list please. Ferrer and Nalbo got out early in Rome, Take them off too. No one's winning the RG, this year.

agarasbattier
05-11-2008, 09:12 AM

You have got to be kidding. Possibly the greastest clay courter of all time when everything is done has absolutly no chance of winning his favorite grand slam that he has never lost a match at just because he was complaining about blisters? Come on give him a break. He won his two previous tournaments and playing for the third consecutive week in a row. Not many players can play at 100% for three straight weeks. What did you think Sampras had no chance when he won Wimbledon injured? I am not saying that he is definitely going to win but to say that he has absolutely no chance is a bit ridiculous.

West Coast Ace
05-11-2008, 09:22 AM
No one's winning the RG, this year.You might be on to something. No one will 'win' - someone will survive and be handed the trophy.

Just for giggles, just thought of this: What if The Joker wins RG? At the start of the last many yrs, the talk was always if Fed could win the Slam - but that talk dies in early June. If The Joker held 2 and had 2 to go - and he did make the semis and finals, respectively, of W and USO... Any thoughts? To me, the irony would be great - if Fed won the Slam, almost all people would be happy for him. But The Joker is a, to put it mildly, a very polarizing player, both with the fans and in the locker room.

http://www.angrybackhand.com

Leublu tennis
05-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I didn't think I would say this before, but I just may root for Nadal at the FO.

Sentinel
05-11-2008, 10:31 PM
You might be on to something. No one will 'win' - someone will survive and be handed the trophy.

I was really joking on sureshs' comment since all the top players have lost early, withdrawn etc this year.

Nole could win, provided his health/breathing can take it. The very thing people dislike about him (his *supposed* brashness, arrogance) is arguably what IS needed to break into the Fed/Nadal stranglehold. Most others seem to bow down to them.

I am not making any predictions on Fed, or expecting much until after Fo/Wo at least.