PDA

View Full Version : Nadal's pre-point routine.

chlsmo
05-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I can stand dusting off the baseline, straightening crooked socks, and even short tugging. But, why has he decided that he needs to spit on the hash mark at the baseline? I can understand if you cough something up and you spit it out. Fine, do what you gotta do. Only now he seems to be spitting for no reason, WTF?

If this is a part of OCD is it common to add more and more steps to your routine(s)? I noticed he was doing this a little in Monte Carlo as well, but it seemed like it was every point today in Rome. What do you guys think?

vince916
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
He likes to show the court who's the boss.

Banks
05-07-2008, 05:21 PM
i think people should stop the excessive complaining about players pre point habbits. If its really that much of a problem, get tivo record the match then fast forward through his pre point routine, cause god forbid you see nadal spit on the hash marks one more time, or djoker bounce the ball again.

Rabbit
05-08-2008, 04:11 AM
I agree with the OP. It has gone from the ridiculous to the sublime now. Nads, in 5 years, will have more 'rituals' prior to a point than he has point.

my_forehand
05-08-2008, 04:17 AM
Does he still do the thing where he's hitting the back of his foot with his tennis racquet?

HyperHorse
05-08-2008, 04:26 AM
If he doesn't do it, his brain will pop like a balloon...
Hard to figure out what's going on behind those eyes..
Maybe he's under a lot of stress?
Maybe he prays silently in spanish between points, for luck?

coloskier
05-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Does he still do the thing where he's hitting the back of his foot with his tennis racquet?

On clay, everyone does that to knock the clay out of the spaces in the shoes. It starts to get heavy after awhile if you don't.

random guy
05-08-2008, 11:12 AM
On clay, everyone does that to knock the clay out of the spaces in the shoes. It starts to get heavy after awhile if you don't.

I think my_forehand was trying to be ironic, no?

Vision84
05-08-2008, 11:22 AM
spitting is just gross. He should stop that.

coloskier
05-08-2008, 11:24 AM
spitting is just gross. He should stop that.

Did you see Starace blowing the snot out of his nose on the balls in his match with Karlovic? Now that was gross.

el sergento
05-08-2008, 11:59 AM
He's got the OCD, if he doesn't do all these things THE ENTIRE PLANET WILL BLOW UP!!

GS
05-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I like the crazy way he has to place his 2 water bottles in an exact position before he leaves his chair to start playing. He once got upset when a ballboy re-positioned one (in the wrong place, probably). Being a lefty myself, I like Vamos, but his weird mannerisms can be too much.

my_forehand
05-09-2008, 01:53 AM
I think my_forehand was trying to be ironic, no?

Thank you.