PDA

View Full Version : NBMJ--tennis "junkie" of the year

Coria
01-12-2005, 07:57 AM
About to post his 1900th--in less than a year!!! With your insight and knowlege, you should be broadcasting on the Tennis Channel. I'm impressed.

Kirko
01-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Yes 1900 posts almost and all interesting stuff !

Tenny
01-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Yes 1900 posts almost and all interesting stuff !

BTW, Kirko, it's your 666th post.

Kirko
01-12-2005, 10:15 AM
There 667 . Now if I can get rid of that birthmark 666 as easily.

ferrari_827
01-12-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm getting there too and I've only been posting regularly for 3 months or less.

jayserinos99
01-12-2005, 10:36 AM
nobad has always offered good insight on the boards.

TripleB
01-12-2005, 10:52 AM
1900??? That's way toooooooooo much!!! I think I'll put him on my "Ignore List" like he put me on his :) <----supposed to be a smiley face but it isn't showing up!!!

TripleB

ferrari_827
01-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, TripleB, you selecting the RDX500 didn't help things you know (!) If you had chosen the X1 like Coria, you could have been one of his proteges, maybe even gotten some free lessons. Now, you are in Mojo's RDX purgatory list and won't ever be able to redeem yourself. Of course, I'm beyond any hope of redemption.

NoBadMojo
01-12-2005, 12:53 PM
A very sincere and humble thank you to those of you appropriate to thank....No bad mojo to everyone else :O

Tenny
01-12-2005, 01:05 PM
There 667 . Now if I can get rid of that birthmark 666 as easily.

huh? Does the system count the very recent post (actually the one with the count). Anyway, don't worry. I watched a KQED special. 666 was just a kind of number-play the authors of the bible used to protect themselves and means the roman emperer at that time (not Nero. If my memory serves, Caligula). BTW, do you read it(your birthmark :O) as 666 or others do? 999 for others will look like 666 to you.

Oh, I see. They automatically update the count everywhere.
One more. I am marked "Semi-pro" huh?

Kirko
01-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Interesting ! It makes sense .

Kirko
01-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Always thought it was the mark of the beast. In Hebrew some think www.

atatu
01-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I feel like I post way too much, like I'm obsessed with the TW forum and I'm under 350...

Tenny
01-12-2005, 03:11 PM
I feel like I post way too much, like I'm obsessed with the TW forum and I'm under 350...

Actually I feel the same. I am even ahead of tripleB, one of the most active posters. But weather is getting better here, I am playing tonight! I post too many silly (but I am just a curious guy) polls and questions. Not much contribution...Gotta focus on my game from now on~.

Kirk, don't worry. It's just a code for a guy who happened to be a roman Imperator. Now you can shower with other guys...

NoBadMojo
01-12-2005, 06:54 PM
i only have one online identity..other people post w. multiple identities...i think i know tennis..tennis has given me alot in life, and i am only trying to give back and see if i can help some people along the way..it's all pretty simple to me..i dont post asking a bunch of questions you can find answers to by doing a simple search..i post when i think i have something to say..some of my posts are a simple thank you for a courtesy, some of my posts are me defending myself because people are trying to ridicule and attack me, and plenty of my posts are to try and correct people who just post really bad information..the rest i think are because i have something to offer...i guess they've all added up to a big number..i can go away if you like..i sure dont wish to be intrusive..just vote me off the board in yet another poll and off i go.thanks

Coria
01-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Please don't go NBMJ. I've only been on short time but really enjoy what you bring to the table. Thanks in part to you, I've found a wonderful stick. Had it not been for what you shared about this racket, I probably wouldn't have demoed it. Slazenger is a name I never got excited about--for whatever reason. But, I clearly like this racket the best, although I did really enjoy the Tour 10 MP. Everything I wanted just a little better than what that racket gave me, the X1 gives me.

lanky
01-13-2005, 12:38 AM
stay NBMJ like coria I read all the stuff about slax X1 and bought it -great racquet My racquet hunting days are over only problem is I no longer can blame the stick for my **** game of tennis.Always appreciate your advice

Rabbit
01-13-2005, 08:25 AM
1900? Man.....what's my total here....994? I've been here forever....guess the new has worn off since they went to the new boardsw.

roundiesee
01-13-2005, 08:36 AM
I think the number of posts one contributes is not as important as the quality of the posts. If you consider the latter, Mojo/Ed has clearly excelled himself and he certainly deserves our praise for all his insightful contributions. Hope you'll stay on the boards and continue to advise us. Thanks Ed!

bertrevert
01-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Agree, agree, agree, I second and third and fourth that.

Tenny
01-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Agree, agree, agree, I second and third and fourth that.

I totally agree.

The title should have been "Tennis Guru of the year". NBMJ kanda disappointed me only once. I've asked how all the different Volkl V1 compare (orginal, quantum, catapult, 10year edition plus C10 pro) and provided how I (like to)play. And then,

"tenny all of the V1's play differently and all are much easier to handle than the C10" ---NBMJ

But at least he responded! Really it was the only case (or maybe he just wanted me TRY/demo all) and other than that, the Guru has been very very helpful and informative. Don't go anywhere, NBMJ.