PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler] Nadal vs. Ferrero

Hot Sauce
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Did anyone see the blister on Nadal's foot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6YTqRzC_O0&feature=related

Banks
05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
atleast he finished the match. blisters on the feet are bad, easily get infected if your not careful with them too. Props to Nadal for finishing the match though. Id rather see somone go out and play through it than retire.

Telepatic
05-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Props to Nadal for finishing the match though. Id rather see somone go out and play through it than retire.
True,but you cant blame him even if he retires from the match,since its his decision about his health :-?(not just Nadal,I`m speaking about any player).

edmondsm
05-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Nadal is a beast. The epitome of what an athlete should stand for. He takes the sock off, sees that the Grand Canyon has opened on his foot, puts the sock back on and plays the match out. It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of Nadal's playing style but it is hard not to root for him when you see stuff like that.

isuk@tennis
05-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Nadal is a beast. The epitome of what an athlete should stand for. He takes the sock off, sees that the Grand Canyon has opened on his foot, puts the sock back on and plays the match out. It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of Nadal's playing style but it is hard not to root for him when you see stuff like that.

+1 i don't like his style either but that shows strength. blisters on his feet and still finishes the match. doesn't retire due to stomache ache, or breathing problems lame....

my_forehand
05-08-2008, 02:01 AM
*puke* At least he continued though.

Thud and blunder
05-08-2008, 03:51 AM
Nice advert for Nike :)

Salsa_Lover
05-08-2008, 04:03 AM
Nice advert for Nike :)

LOL he should switch to feathers for the rest of the clay season ;)

jsc173
05-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Surprised Nadal continued. . .

If you'll recall he took a break after Miami, because of a "sore right foot." This is not a new problem.

Also, this really isn't a typical blister. If you'll notice, his foot is heavily calloused and the calloused skin cracked open like the skin of an orange.

This isn't something that will heal in a week. I suspect he will take it easy until the French -- why risk it??