PDA

View Full Version : What's with the haters? RF vs. RN...

Serpententacle
05-08-2008, 12:26 PM
I have concluded there is an epidemic of Fed fans hating Rafa fans & Rafa fans hating Fed fans... and even several cases of Fed fans hating Rafa, and Rafa fans hating Fed.

Could the reason be that each fan feels threatened by the rival player? Otherwise the back and forth cut-downs and arguments would be more civil and respectful of each players incredible sportsmanship and respect for each other.

Can anyone explain to me why there is so much talk about how one person is better than the other, when the truth is, they're both incredibly good (and each are among the G.O.A.T.)? Not to mention "on any given day..."

Nadal_Freak
05-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Their personalities and playing style are so much different. Fed fans get so defensive about anyone stealing any of Fed's thunder. Nadal fans get sick of Fed fans rejoicing in Nadal losts. That sums it up imo.

deme08
05-08-2008, 12:34 PM
What's with the haters? RF vs. RN...

Should be RF vs RN vs ND. Djokovic fans have been stiring things up in the middle ever since AO. Total chaos.

Serpententacle
05-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Personally, I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the disrespect. There are specific individuals who are the worst, but I'll not name names...

I disliked Federer quite recently, but have decided that was a waste of time. Federer is a great player... there's no denying it. I am more into Rafa, though, because he's got the grit and represents the underdog. I like his personality, too.

Don't get me wrong, Fed's a great sportsman, as well.

How could you hate or dislike either one? I mean, honestly? They're the best thing that's happened to (for) tennis in this generation.

Serpententacle
05-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Should be RF vs RN vs ND. Djokovic fans have been stiring things up in the middle ever since AO. Total chaos.

True, true... we can call into question Djokovic and his fans as well...

Vision84
05-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Both are fantastic players and while I dislike Nadal I still respect what he has accomplished. It is a shame that this forum has so much childish bickering about who is better or offering excuses for why one lost. No one here has any affect on the performance of these players and it is so sad how they all try to live off of their achievements. Besides many of the fans who put down one player over the other and continuously criticize them for their poor performances or behavior probably have low NTRP levels. Every single professional player would double bagel most of this forum in about 10minutes so quit criticizing them. And for those who criticize players for retiring or having injuries etc, well I would like to see how you cope in their shoes.

Vision84
05-08-2008, 12:55 PM

Djokovic haters are worse in my opinion.

Defcon
05-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Djokovic has fans ? :)

Babb
05-08-2008, 01:07 PM
It's just an outlet of immaturity.

Gimmick
05-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Can anyone explain to me why there is so much talk about how one person is better than the other..."

Because Tennis is a competitive sport with a winner and a loser every Match?

soyizgood
05-08-2008, 01:14 PM

ND could also stand for Nikolay Davydenko. Or David Nalbandian backwards. ;)

zagor
05-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Generally I have nothing but respect for Nadal and I'm a big Fed fan.The only people I dislike on this forum are Fed haters who celebrate everytime he loses and root against him no matter who is he playing against but I gotta admit that most Nadal fans are OK and I have no problem with them.

skip1969
05-08-2008, 01:38 PM
what makes it even more ridiculous is that if fed and nadal shook hands and retired tomorrow . . . people on ttw would STILL be b*tching about them for years to come!

nadal's claycourt dominance made fed retire.
no, fed forced rafa to retire cos raf couldn't stand being no. 2 for so long.
it was fed's mono.
it was rafa's joints. . .

Serpententacle
05-08-2008, 01:40 PM
what makes it even more ridiculous is that if fed and nadal shook hands and retired tomorrow . . . people on ttw would STILL be b*tching about them for years to come!

nadal's claycourt dominance made fed retire.
no, fed forced rafa to retire cos raf couldn't stand being no. 2 for so long.
it was fed's mono.
it was rafa's joints. . .

Hahaha. True.

These are some great answers folks. I still want to learn more!

TheTruth
05-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Some people view hate as anything that doesn't glorify Fed. If you're not a Fed fan, they'll come at you by the droves attacking you. They'll come five, ten people deep because you don't agree with their opinion. If people would be respectful, then respect would or could be returned. But if everytime you make a comment, nowhere near as bad as the ones they make you get persecuted, well, it causes bad vibes. That's what I think!

krz
05-08-2008, 02:27 PM
It's just how competition and sports work.

Imagine a forum with both Yankees and Red Soxs fans

gj011
05-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Some people view hate as anything that doesn't glorify Fed. If you're not a Fed fan, they'll come at you by the droves attacking you. They'll come five, ten people deep because you don't agree with their opinion. If people would be respectful, then respect would or could be returned. But if everytime you make a comment, nowhere near as bad as the ones they make you get persecuted, well, it causes bad vibes. That's what I think!

Agreed completely! They can be really annoying with their "if you don't worship Federer you are the enemy" attitude.
They even go as far as abusing people who vote against Federer in the polls.

TennisandMusic
05-08-2008, 02:35 PM
The problem is living vicariously through other people's achievements.

Magix
05-08-2008, 02:45 PM
I really like both Rog and Rafa, but naturally we all have favourites. And of course, Roger is one of my faves. :wink:

Even though Rafa beat Fed again at Monte Carlo, I don't hate Nadal for it. I'm happy he won his 4th straight Monte Carlo, but I would've liked it if Rog won.

But the whole Fed fans vs. Rafa fans is ridiculous. It just has to stop. Some of those arguements get really heated.

BigT
05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Truth is, both Fed and Nadal have the ultimate respect for each other, both being class-acts. It's where the fans, most of which are not real players(see Nadal Freak), can't be objective. Real players can appreciate both of them and what they bring to the game.

Nadal_Freak
05-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Truth is, both Fed and Nadal have the ultimate respect for each other, both being class-acts. It's where the fans, most of which are not real players(see Nadal Freak), can't be objective. Real players can appreciate both of them and what they bring to the game.
Good for them. Doesn't mean the fans have to be the same way. Fed calling Nadal one-dimensional is not really respectful but I guess he changed his mind about that. Still some jealousy there.

Serpententacle
05-08-2008, 04:11 PM

Do we have to name names?

miniRafa386
05-08-2008, 04:16 PM
personally, i like both nadal and fed, more to the nadal side, as you can see from my username :)

i like the two totally polar opposites: roger, the cool and calm smooth player who's strokes put people in awe. and Rafa: the young, aggressive, jacked, and fiery player whos speed makes one jaw drop.

Nadal_Monfils
05-08-2008, 04:23 PM
This happens in rivalries of all sports. It's only natural to hate your favorite player or team's opponent and root against them. Rivalries like Federer and Nadal is what makes sports entertaining. This is no different than Yankees vs. Red Sox or Cowboys vs. Redskins or any other sports rivalry.

edberg505
05-08-2008, 04:36 PM
This happens in rivalries of all sports. It's only natural to hate your favorite player or team's opponent and root against them. Rivalries like Federer and Nadal is what makes sports entertaining. This is no different than Yankees vs. Red Sox or Cowboys vs. Redskins or any other sports rivalry.

Yeah, I know all about that. Back when Jordan was playing for the Bulls I couldn't stand him. The freakin guy would find a way for his team to win every single time. And that damned turn around fade away jumper was automatic. But I still had the upmost respect for what that guy could do on the court. Now I don't care much for Nadal's game but I respect what he is able to do on the tennis court. Hell, I didn't want him to lose yesterday. I wanted to see another Federer vs. Nadal matchup on clay. I mean crap, now I'm deprived of seeing Blake vs. Nadal on a claycourt and it's because Nadal didn't make it far enough. Who would have thought that? Anyways, I hope I get to see another match up in Hamburg.

flyer
05-08-2008, 06:46 PM

How are you calling out Nadal Freak new user?

my_forehand
05-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Their personalities and playing style are so much different. Fed fans get so defensive about anyone stealing any of Fed's thunder. Nadal fans get sick of Fed fans rejoicing in Nadal losts. That sums it up imo.

Now, I'm not a Federer fan or Rafa fan; like both but, you sir, seem to come up with every excuse as why Nadal loses.