PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop HM 200g: one small problem ?

ferrari_827
01-12-2005, 11:45 AM
I really like the specs of this racket, 18x20, 95sq.in. 12oz, medium flex, flat 20mm beam, and would like to buy it since I don't have a Dunlop in my collection.

Problem ? It's a small cosmetic one, and people will probably blast me for it. I don't like the bright, waspy yellow. Blue, green, orange, red, purple, fine but Dunlop had to choose an obnoxious yellow ??

I was thinking if there was some way I could get rid of the yellow in the *upper hoop* it would look great. The small dab of yellow near the throat and handle look good.

Maybe I could just use electrical tape to cover up the yellow, but that would look tacky too. Any suggestions ? I know I'm really picky....

PS I really like the cosmetics on the ncode90 but have no interest in the racket since I grew up using the PS6.0 85.

OnyxZ28
01-12-2005, 11:50 AM
http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/nopity.gif

Zverev
01-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Nothing wrong with yellow, once you start playing with HM200g.

Otherwise take permanent ink pen and paint over yellow,
though what's the point?????
If you buy 200g for playing, the yellow doesn't matter, does it?
If you buy 200g for your museum, and then paint over yellow,
it's not gonna be hm200g anymore, so it's even more silly.

Here is another idea, take a saw and cut out that part of the hoop, from 10 to 2, put it in your collection with the note "I didn't like the yellow..."
that will look really cool.

BreakPoint
01-12-2005, 12:55 PM
I like yellow and I like the cosmetics of the HM 200G. I also like the yellow paintjobs of the Volkl Tour 10, Tour 10 VE MP, upcoming T10 MP Gen II, and the PK Ionic Ki 5 series. I even use a bright yellow 6 pack racquet bag.

LafayetteHitter
01-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Your switching racquets?

Scott

ferrari_827
01-12-2005, 12:58 PM
I can tell I'm getting some sympathy responses. I could just spray paint the large yellow portion in the upper hoop. I didn't say the design was horrible, there's just an overload of yellow.

ferrari_827
01-12-2005, 01:19 PM
LafayetteHitter, I am not switching from the RDX. She would wreck some *serious* vengeance on me after all the attention and affection I've lavished on her.

I'm a collector and just regret not having a Dunlop that's all. Prince I never cared for.

ferrari_827
01-12-2005, 01:21 PM
I guess color is a personal thing since BreakPoint loves yellow, but personally I can't stand all these waspy yellow Volkls or ProKennis Ionics series.

Craig Sheppard
01-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Don't dis da yellow man. My Fischer's are almost all yellow. I have lots of yellow clothes. I had the most obnoxious yellow car a few years ago. Love da yellow.

tennisboy87
01-12-2005, 03:35 PM
This isn't meant to be mean, but you care way too much about the cosmetics on a racquet. If you changed the paintjob on the HM 200G, it wouldn't be a HM 200G anymore, and therefore it wouldn't do much for your collection. Just from your previous posts you seem much too concerned with the appearance of your racquet. It's nice that your racquet looks good (I like my racquet to look good too), but it sounds to me that you are so worried about your racquet looking good that you might not even swing it close to the ground for a low ball or something like that. I mean, you're suppossed to use your racquet, and it will start showing wear and tear. Personally, a beaten, more worn racquet can look "cooler" because it shows that it has been through a lot of battles. Again, this isn't a knock on you. I just think you shouldn't worry so much about the color, appearance, etc. of your racquet.

OnyxZ28
01-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Don't dis da yellow man. My Fischer's are almost all yellow. I have lots of yellow clothes. I had the most obnoxious yellow car a few years ago. Love da yellow.

Craig, was it this one??

http://www.405hp.com/carlisle2003/images/DSC01260.jpg

Some day .... one day ...