PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Industry Pubs

Craig Sheppard
01-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Are there any tennis industry publications out there? More than just things that talk about players and the tour obviously... publications that go into the business of manufacturers, technology, business of tennis, court management/construction, etc? Just looking for some names of publications if you can think of any.

Thanks,
Craig

Bryan Aldridge
01-15-2005, 08:34 PM
All I know of is RSI racquet sports industry, which primarily deals with stringing and frames. They do research and provide stats on certain tests they do on strings and such.

By the way, I am an NC State student in Raleigh, and really need some people to hit with up here (Most of the guys i hit with are in charlotte). Shoot me an email if you want to get up sometime; im a decent 4.5 player (most of the time.. lol): bealdrid@ncsu.edu

tedmeister
01-16-2005, 09:21 AM
There used to be a separate publication for industry misc. and such(ie. court construction, retail, industry trends, the business side of it etc.) but it has been about a year now that they have teamed up with the USRSA and our old Racquet Tech magazine which used to just talk about stringing and racquets, maybe shoes occasionally and now we have it together in one volume that comes out monthly.

A few "pure" stringers kind of complained a bit because now you have to wade through all the "side shows". But for someone who wants to keep in touch with what's going on in the industry, it is a great read.

Craig Sheppard
01-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Sounds like I should get an USRSA membership then. I'm really as interested as anything else in the business of tennis itself. I've checked out RacquetTech every now and then and liked it.