PDA

View Full Version : "asian" rackets in vietnam?

brownyazn
05-08-2008, 04:15 PM
has anyone bought any "asian" version rackets in vietnam?

my father is visiting and i'm thinking of having him pick up some for me

AlpineCadet
05-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Does every racket purchase come with pho? I'm kidding. ;)

fastswingVD
05-08-2008, 04:20 PM
i think it costs more other there

RestockingTues
05-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Does every racket purchase come with pho? I'm kidding. ;)

Ahahaha best post I've seen today!

AlpineCadet
05-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Ahahaha best post I've seen today!
I could settle for com tam, doesn't really matter ATM since I'm starving! :-?

fastswingVD
05-08-2008, 04:41 PM
dang you guys are all viet lol

AlpineCadet
05-08-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm not vietnamese, ROFL.

lilxjohnyy
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
asian racket in taiwan? sry for stealing thread.

HoVa
05-08-2008, 07:13 PM
im in vietnam and i have bought the K90.

The cool thing is that the shops that sell wilson and prince here will give you free stuff when you buy a racquet. I got some bags and shoes.

the K90 was actually a tad cheaper than the listed price here.

itsstephenyo
05-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Hahaha this thread made me laugh.

I was wondering the same thing, actually. I'll be visiting Vietnam in the winter and was wondering about prices. I guess I'll get a firsthand look this December.

nhatduongchi
05-08-2008, 07:59 PM
im in vietnam and i have bought the K90.

The cool thing is that the shops that sell wilson and prince here will give you free stuff when you buy a racquet. I got some bags and shoes.

the K90 was actually a tad cheaper than the listed price here.

How about other tennis gears like shoe? How much are some of the well-known models like Adidas Barricade, Nike Vapor ..ect... I have a friend will go to VN soon so I can ask him bring back some stuff if they are cheap, of course :)

itsstephenyo
05-08-2008, 08:07 PM
You gotta be careful, though. There's a lot of fake stuff over there. My brother's in laws went this past summer and came back with craploads of fake Adidas and Nike sweats, shoes, and shirts. I mean, it looks real enough at a glance, but you could definitely tell it when looking at the stitching or examining the emblems.

On top of that, they were outrageously cheap. Something like $5 American for a few "authentic" Adidas shirts.

YonexFanatic21
05-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Yea i got some addidas shirt from vietnam, but its not made in vietnam its made in singapore plus its 5 dollars idk if its authentic, but it feels great and its very light thats all i care and plus its "CHEAP" i mean if you go to the stores and try to buy addidas or nikes or fila and etc they might cost over 30 so yea..

THSBOI
05-08-2008, 08:12 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yea i got some stuff from vietnam too and their pumas but it feels great :P plus i got one addidas bought from VN for 5 bucks haha

m1stuhxsp4rk5
05-08-2008, 10:13 PM
you want to hook me up with some asian k90s? email me m1stuhxsp4rk5@yahoo.com

HoVa
05-08-2008, 11:51 PM
How about other tennis gears like shoe? How much are some of the well-known models like Adidas Barricade, Nike Vapor ..ect... I have a friend will go to VN soon so I can ask him bring back some stuff if they are cheap, of course :)

yeah, they have nikes, adidas, etc..

not as a good of a selection as US and not that cheap either.

nhatduongchi
05-09-2008, 12:08 AM
yeah, they have nikes, adidas, etc..

not as a good of a selection as US and not that cheap either.

Is there any sporting store in VN that has a website? I'm curious about what selection that they have over there?

Thanks for the info :)

Side question: How much do you pay to use tennis court over there? I think people play tennis much more right now in VN, is it a long wait for your turn to use the court?

HoVa
05-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Is there any sporting store in VN that has a website? I'm curious about what selection that they have over there?

Thanks for the info :)

Side question: How much do you pay to use tennis court over there? I think people play tennis much more right now in VN, is it a long wait for your turn to use the court?

no, i dont think they have websites.. trust me, they have a very very good selection. almost anything you'll need, they'll have.

they even have Luxilon strings. (even cheaper than tw, too).

courts are IMPOSSIBLE to book. so many people play that its crazy. what people do is have friends that have held on to their bookings already and just all gather onto one court.

its kind of expensive where we play. something like $100/month for one court. but it comes with ballboys.

brownyazn
05-09-2008, 09:01 AM
has anyone been that knows
what they have
where
and about how much?

i don't know about hooking anyone up with rackets
because it is my father going
but email me anyways
brownyazn@gmail.com

strike
05-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Overall things are cheap there. I went earlier in the year. Had a great time.

If in Saigon, check out the Delicious Restaurant. Might be hard to get a table, but well worth it. Don't know the address, but I am sure it could easily be found with a taxi. It is very popular.

Also check out Pho 2000. Think that is the one Bill Clinton ate at. There is a picture of him and Chelsea upstairs.

njjohan
05-09-2008, 11:37 AM
In China at least, decent rackets are hardly any different from here, at least at licensed dealers. String again is similar. However, I managed to pick up what, as far as I can see, is a legit Yonex badminton shirt for $6. Its made of the same material as real ones, so even if it isn't licensed, I'm not gonna cry.